Car Leasing

Old Aug 19th 2019, 12:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute
Default Car Leasing

Howdy folks,

Any of you guys have a long term car lease?

I've been renting for eons on a corporate deal but their fleet is getting on a bit and I fancy seeing what options are out there.

I know I should really buy.... but I do a lot of km (1,000 a week ish) and i'm quite heavy on cars as they are often getting hammered across site access roads etc and so I find it doesn't make much sense.

As such, does anyone leave (12 or 24 months) and have any decent experiences?

Cheers
Old Aug 20th 2019, 3:47 am
Forum Regular

Gavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really nice
Default Re: Car Leasing

Just finished a 12 month lease with Hertz, Dodge Durango GT for 3200/month. Decent car for the price, no issues at all with Hertz, only negative is the deposit they require (4 month lease fee) and they want 30-40 days after returning the car to refund it.
Old Aug 20th 2019, 4:40 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Gavtek
Just finished a 12 month lease with Hertz, Dodge Durango GT for 3200/month. Decent car for the price, no issues at all with Hertz, only negative is the deposit they require (4 month lease fee) and they want 30-40 days after returning the car to refund it.
That seems like a good deal. They take care of insurance, registration, tyres, servicing, everything?
Old Aug 20th 2019, 4:52 am
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jam25mack
Howdy folks,

Any of you guys have a long term car lease?

I've been renting for eons on a corporate deal but their fleet is getting on a bit and I fancy seeing what options are out there.

I know I should really buy.... but I do a lot of km (1,000 a week ish) and i'm quite heavy on cars as they are often getting hammered across site access roads etc and so I find it doesn't make much sense.

As such, does anyone leave (12 or 24 months) and have any decent experiences?

Cheers
We've got a Prado with Hertz that is almost at the end of a 4 year lease, they have been pretty good to be fair. Email them and ask if they have any special offers on.

Last year I took out a 24 month lease for a second car, Hertz prices had gone up significantly so ended up with an X-Trail from Shift, So far, so good with Shift too.

It looks like all of the leasing companies are desperate for the business judging by the emails I am getting.
Old Aug 20th 2019, 5:28 am
Forum Regular

Gavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really nice

Originally Posted by Scamp
That seems like a good deal. They take care of insurance, registration, tyres, servicing, everything?
Yep, courtesy car when it's in for a service too. Only need to pay for your fuel and Salik.
Old Aug 20th 2019, 7:57 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers. Will give em a call.
Old Aug 20th 2019, 8:00 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Yep, courtesy car when it's in for a service too. Only need to pay for your fuel and Salik.
So when my car's free servicing etc runs out I should sell it and just lease. Seems to make sense.
Old Aug 20th 2019, 8:23 am
BE Forum Addict

So when my car's free servicing etc runs out I should sell it and just lease. Seems to make sense.
Seems so. For me its mainly due to the high mileage. I've done 55K in about 18 months so if I buy a car it'd be worthless in 3-4yrs.

Called up my current hire car folks and they've offered me a Kia Sportage for 1,950 dibs which isn't a bad deal. I'm surprisingly a big fan of Kia's. They're a lot of car for the money.
Old Aug 20th 2019, 9:05 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by jam25mack
Seems so. For me its mainly due to the high mileage. I've done 55K in about 18 months so if I buy a car it'd be worthless in 3-4yrs.

Called up my current hire car folks and they've offered me a Kia Sportage for 1,950 dibs which isn't a bad deal. I'm surprisingly a big fan of Kia's. They're a lot of car for the money.
That sounds very, very reasonable mate. They're decent cars, comfy and big enough for you to carry some rocks around too.

Unlimited kms with leasing or...?
Old Aug 20th 2019, 10:29 am
BE Forum Addict

That sounds very, very reasonable mate. They're decent cars, comfy and big enough for you to carry some rocks around too.

Unlimited kms with leasing or...?
That's what I was thinking..... no minimum rental period and I think the it said the Km's are limited to 4k a month. That said I will get them to remove that (long term and corporate customer).

Looking on the leasing websites the cheapest I could see for a Sportage is 2,250.