Car Incident HELP

Old Sep 8th 2009, 4:08 am
Its all good

Fairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond repute
Default Car Incident HELP

OK keeping it brief I had a tyre blow out yesterday managed to keep control and got it onto the hard shoulder. Called breakdown people who eventually towed it to the dealer. They then called me to say they wouldn;t accept the car without a police report!!!!!! because there was damage to underneath of the car and it may have been in an accident. Anyway as I was on my own with no idea what to do eventually told them to bring it back to my villa where it now sits outside looking very sorry for itself.

So question is what to do now - does anyone know of a company/person who can come out and look at it to see if its worth fixing or can I just call the police to come and see it now??
Old Sep 8th 2009, 4:30 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Car Incident HELP

no idea...maybe you can ask Chris (Icon) for advice?
Old Sep 8th 2009, 4:33 am
Its all good

Fairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MataHari
no idea...maybe you can ask Chris (Icon) for advice?
Oh yes forgot about him thanks
Old Sep 8th 2009, 4:59 am
Account Closed

Tooterelli is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Fairydust
OK keeping it brief I had a tyre blow out yesterday managed to keep control and got it onto the hard shoulder. Called breakdown people who eventually towed it to the dealer. They then called me to say they wouldn;t accept the car without a police report!!!!!! because there was damage to underneath of the car and it may have been in an accident. Anyway as I was on my own with no idea what to do eventually told them to bring it back to my villa where it now sits outside looking very sorry for itself.

So question is what to do now - does anyone know of a company/person who can come out and look at it to see if its worth fixing or can I just call the police to come and see it now??

This is so typical of Australia isn't it. Can't do this, can't do that, rules, regulations. I don't mind rules if they aren't stupid but FFS a police report. What does the garage expect the police to write a report saying "this car hasn't been involved in an accident as far as we know". AAAAAaaaaarrrrgh.
Old Sep 8th 2009, 5:01 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tooterelli
This is so typical of Australia isn't it. Can't do this, can't do that, rules, regulations. I don't mind rules if they aren't stupid but FFS a police report. What does the garage expect the police to write a report saying "this car hasn't been involved in an accident as far as we know". AAAAAaaaaarrrrgh.
we aren't in Australia?
Old Sep 8th 2009, 5:11 am
Account Closed

Tooterelli is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
we aren't in Australia?

My mistake. Too late to edit. Actually lots of similarities between Dubai and Australia when I think about it!
Old Sep 8th 2009, 5:32 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

just call the police and get them to come out and issue a report
Old Sep 8th 2009, 5:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Bonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud of

Can't you get the wheel off the car and just take it to a tyre shop for a new tyre?
Old Sep 8th 2009, 7:38 am
Its all good

No it looks like the rubber came off and hit something under the rear of the car as there is an electric box and wires hanging down all mangled which in turn has damaged the back bumper
Old Sep 8th 2009, 8:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tooterelli
My mistake. Too late to edit. Actually lots of similarities between Dubai and Australia when I think about it!
The only similarity between Dubai and Australia is that some parts of Australia have a similar climate and the desert, other than that, they're worlds apart.
Old Sep 8th 2009, 8:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kim67
The only similarity between Dubai and Australia is that some parts of Australia have a similar climate and the desert, other than that, they're worlds apart.
both also have too many Australians!
Old Sep 8th 2009, 8:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
both also have too many Australians!
Oh yeah, forgot that similarity........but then again, there's not such thing as too many Australians.
Old Sep 8th 2009, 9:10 am
BE Enthusiast

Bonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud of

No it looks like the rubber came off and hit something under the rear of the car as there is an electric box and wires hanging down all mangled which in turn has damaged the back bumper
OK, I thought maybe it was just superficial damage and only the tyre needed changing. If there is other damage to repair, a police report is best.
Old Sep 8th 2009, 9:58 am
Once a blue Always a blue

Tiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of light

First:
Call the police and report an acccident on your car. They will either come to you or you will have to pay them a visit. (As you are a female they propably pay you a visit)

Second:
With the police report you can either go to your insurance and they will fix it. And you would pay a fortune. Or you can take it to a mechanic and fix it.

Third:
Pick up your fixed car and drive safe!

Further questions do not hesitate to ask
Old Sep 8th 2009, 1:10 pm
Its all good

Why do I need a police report for a mechancial problem as surely the insurance company won't pay for the damage anyway??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.