Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Car Hire Dubai..not your conventional sort!

Car Hire Dubai..not your conventional sort!

Old Jun 15th 2009, 3:06 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Currently in The Greens (arrived in Dubai on 22nd May 2009!).
FunnyFeline is just really niceFunnyFeline is just really niceFunnyFeline is just really niceFunnyFeline is just really niceFunnyFeline is just really niceFunnyFeline is just really niceFunnyFeline is just really niceFunnyFeline is just really nice
Default Car Hire Dubai..not your conventional sort!

Hi all,

I wonder if any of you can point me in the right direction. Before I arrived in Dubai, I was looking at a website for car hire in Dubai, but it was a company that supplied cars covered in advertising, and you can hire them at a significantly reduced cost. You basically hire the car for a small fee and have to drive it for a minimum distance each day, in a certain area. However, I have tried googling it, but to no avail. I can't remember the name of the company and am having a total "brain fart" over this.

Any help would be much appreciated! Ta muchly!!
Old Jun 15th 2009, 3:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Car Hire Dubai..not your conventional sort!

http://www.inmotion.ae/

MM, xx
Old Jun 15th 2009, 3:49 pm
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

one dirham a day, i'd do it if the cars wernt so fugly

http://www.onerentcar.com/
Old Jun 16th 2009, 1:06 am
Forum Regular

Sarahb79 is an unknown quantity at this point

What a fab idea. I may look into this when I move and have friends over as I have a feeling I will end up driving an older car.
Old Jun 16th 2009, 8:51 am
BE Enthusiast

deemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nice

anyone know if they do something similar in the UK? Am going home for the summer and need a car.
Old Jun 16th 2009, 9:37 am
Forum Regular

BorderTart is just really niceBorderTart is just really niceBorderTart is just really niceBorderTart is just really niceBorderTart is just really niceBorderTart is just really niceBorderTart is just really niceBorderTart is just really nice

Originally Posted by FunnyFeline
Hi all,

I wonder if any of you can point me in the right direction. Before I arrived in Dubai, I was looking at a website for car hire in Dubai, but it was a company that supplied cars covered in advertising, and you can hire them at a significantly reduced cost. You basically hire the car for a small fee and have to drive it for a minimum distance each day, in a certain area. However, I have tried googling it, but to no avail. I can't remember the name of the company and am having a total "brain fart" over this.

Any help would be much appreciated! Ta muchly!!
There are a lot of extra charges, so you may find it doen't work out to be all that cheap and you can only hire for 8 days.
Old Jun 17th 2009, 4:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Robbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really nice

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
Fantastic - thanks for that. We were about to book our car into the dealer for some work and were facing "normal" rental car costs... this is fantastic! Min 30km per day... to work and the nursery run is more than that!
Old Jun 22nd 2009, 7:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Robbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really nice

anyone used the inmotion company before?

I'm trying to sort a car with them, and they need copies of passport and visa, credit card and driving licence before they can confirm the booking... This seems a lot of information to be sending then in advance??
Old Jun 22nd 2009, 9:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Robbies
anyone used the inmotion company before?

I'm trying to sort a car with them, and they need copies of passport and visa, credit card and driving licence before they can confirm the booking... This seems a lot of information to be sending then in advance??
isn't that standard for a rental company...especially in current climate...they are legit for sure...

MM, xx
Old Jun 22nd 2009, 9:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Euc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond repute

isn't that standard for a rental company...especially in current climate...they are legit for sure...

MM, xx
Yeah, that is indeed the standard when you pick up the rental, not when you make the booking.. At least, in my experience. Creditcard I think if fair, but visa and license copy? They can make a copy when I pick it up, much less hassle.
Old Jun 22nd 2009, 9:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Euc-
Yeah, that is indeed the standard when you pick up the rental, not when you make the booking.. At least, in my experience. Creditcard I think if fair, but visa and license copy? They can make a copy when I pick it up, much less hassle.
oh well...suppose you make a choice, you provide this and get a cheaper car, or you don't and go for something more expensive...

MM, xx
Old Jun 22nd 2009, 9:10 am
BE Enthusiast

Euc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond repute

Btw I was wondering one thing though, they ask you to have your Dubai license at least 6 months right? I've converted my home license to the dubai one in november last year, and only got one valid for one year! So what happends if I go to renew it next november?

Do I get a new one with the original issue date but valid for another year, or do I get a new issue date and again valid for one year, and does that mean if I want to rent a car I need to carry both licenses to prove I've had one for more then the 6 months?
Old Jun 22nd 2009, 9:11 am
BE Enthusiast

oh well...suppose you make a choice, you provide this and get a cheaper car, or you don't and go for something more expensive...

MM, xx
Yeah that's true. But still strange they want to have it all in advance, what's the use? Ahwell.. the Dubai way.
Old Jun 22nd 2009, 10:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Yes, thought of it that way, and decided to give it a whirl...
Old Jun 22nd 2009, 11:58 am
Forum Regular

BorderTart is just really niceBorderTart is just really niceBorderTart is just really niceBorderTart is just really niceBorderTart is just really niceBorderTart is just really niceBorderTart is just really niceBorderTart is just really nice

Originally Posted by Robbies
Yes, thought of it that way, and decided to give it a whirl...
Let us know how you get on.....