Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Car damaged by valet parker at hotel...

Car damaged by valet parker at hotel...

Old Feb 2nd 2009, 7:52 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute
Default Car damaged by valet parker at hotel...

Want to find out if anyone else has experience of this.

Due to a lack of parking spaces around a relatively new hotel not far from TECOM (BC, you know where I mean!!) I decided to give up finding one myself and let the valet guys find one for me...

After an hour in the contemporary 'English' bar within this establishment, I was approached by the Front of House manager and advised that the car had been damaged. He was at great pains, as we approached the car, to point out that the hotel accept no liability for damage done while in their care and was only willing to offer a 'token' payment towards the damage...

I still do not know how the damage occured (it was at least an hour after I had entered the hotel) and am a lil bit p***ed off that he seemed more bothered about how much it was gonna cost him...
Old Feb 2nd 2009, 7:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Car damaged by valet parker at hotel...

Originally Posted by TGFKASE
Want to find out if anyone else has experience of this.

Due to a lack of parking spaces around a relatively new hotel not far from TECOM (BC, you know where I mean!!) I decided to give up finding one myself and let the valet guys find one for me...

After an hour in the contemporary 'English' bar within this establishment, I was approached by the Front of House manager and advised that the car had been damaged. He was at great pains, as we approached the car, to point out that the hotel accept no liability for damage done while in their care and was only willing to offer a 'token' payment towards the damage...

I still do not know how the damage occured (it was at least an hour after I had entered the hotel) and am a lil bit p***ed off that he seemed more bothered about how much it was gonna cost him...

if its damaged by them then its their responsibility. If its damaged by someone else when in their custody then they are not responsible.

a waiver does not absolve them of their duty of care
Old Feb 2nd 2009, 7:58 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
if its damaged by them then its their responsibility. If its damaged by someone else when in their custody then they are not responsible.

a waiver does not absolve them of their duty of care
He kept quoting the back of the card where they state that they accept no responsibility.... I was a lil suspect as they would not tell me how it happened, which lends me to think that they damaged it, as opposed to someone outwith the hotel damaged it...
Old Feb 2nd 2009, 8:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute

happened to me, my car was less than one week old.....

The hotel will take no responsibility and as you said, the hotel told me to read the back of the parking ticket... where it states they hold no responsibility

IN the end i left it as they were going to deduct it from the employees salary.....

SHeraton???
Old Feb 2nd 2009, 8:04 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

Originally Posted by annacarna
happened to me, my car was less than one week old.....

The hotel will take no responsibility and as you said, the hotel told me to read the back of the parking ticket... where it states they hold no responsibility

IN the end i left it as they were going to deduct it from the employees salary.....

SHeraton???
Nope, its the latest hotel from the Rotana group.... Have to admit I just put the cat amongst the pigeons by pointing out to them that I am responsible for where the guys coming to train are put.. In 3 months, 70 odd guys all for minimum 2 week stints... See if they can do the math... and cough up for the full cost of repair....
Old Feb 2nd 2009, 9:49 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Personally I would never trust a complete stranger to park my car in this country. It's like leaving your baby with someone you don't know or trust.
Old Feb 2nd 2009, 10:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart
Personally I would never trust a complete stranger to park my car in this country. It's like leaving your baby with someone you don't know or trust.
LH you craic me up!
Old Feb 2nd 2009, 10:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart
I left my baby with a valet parking attendant once............

......... when I returned, the rear end was a terrible mess.................
Old Feb 2nd 2009, 10:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TGFKASE
He kept quoting the back of the card where they state that they accept no responsibility.... I was a lil suspect as they would not tell me how it happened, which lends me to think that they damaged it, as opposed to someone outwith the hotel damaged it...
ask to see their CCTV videos from the parking area.

Just because they write on the back of a ticket that they are not responsible it doesnt mean that is true. If their employee was negligent whilst driving your car or another of their drivers negligently drove into you car then they are vicariously responsible for the damage to your car (was it the chavy red one?).
Old Feb 2nd 2009, 10:37 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

how much damage? take it down to Bur Dubai police station tell them someone bumped you in a carpark, get the green slip, get it repaired. Done
Old Feb 2nd 2009, 11:16 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by annacarna
LH you craic me up!
me too, this place wouldn't be the same without him.