Car Buying Time

Old Sep 15th 2008, 2:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

CeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of light
Default Car Buying Time

I've trawled through numerous garages only to find that generally cars are dearer than the magazines would have you believe and basically, i can't decide what the hell to buy. The major problem is that most cars i look at are at the end of their cycle and due to be updated next year. The other problem is that even though they may be released in the US / Far East they won't necessarily be out here straight away.

So, i've looked at 350z, IS300, FX35 (old shape), Evo X (too expensive plus they want a 20,000 deposit), Boxster, Cayman, Prado, Patrol, Armada, G37 Coupe (too expensive), Merc C350 (too expensive (plus the website says 175,000 when the dealer tells me 200,000)), FJ Cruiser, Mustang, R32, Touarag, Z4 Coupe....the list goes on and on.

I'm literally at a loose end. My general thinking is if i'm 4x4 it should be able to handle the dunes, if its a car its gotta be quick.

So, your help please car peoples. I'd like to limit myself to around 160,000 ideally. Insurance might also be an issue given my age.

Merci!!!
Old Sep 15th 2008, 2:40 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Car Buying Time

http://www.infiniti.com/ex/index.html
I love the Infiniti EX35, very nice. But not really an off roader, for that you would be looking at the Landcruiser Prado. I think you need to decide whether it is a car of a 4x4 for you
Old Sep 15th 2008, 2:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CeeBee View Post
I've trawled through numerous garages only to find that generally cars are dearer than the magazines would have you believe and basically, i can't decide what the hell to buy. The major problem is that most cars i look at are at the end of their cycle and due to be updated next year. The other problem is that even though they may be released in the US / Far East they won't necessarily be out here straight away.

So, i've looked at 350z, IS300, FX35 (old shape), Evo X (too expensive plus they want a 20,000 deposit), Boxster, Cayman, Prado, Patrol, Armada, G37 Coupe (too expensive), Merc C350 (too expensive (plus the website says 175,000 when the dealer tells me 200,000)), FJ Cruiser, Mustang, R32, Touarag, Z4 Coupe....the list goes on and on.

I'm literally at a loose end. My general thinking is if i'm 4x4 it should be able to handle the dunes, if its a car its gotta be quick.

So, your help please car peoples. I'd like to limit myself to around 160,000 ideally. Insurance might also be an issue given my age.

Merci!!!
Buy a brand new Touareg...Should set you back 160-170,000 for the 6cyl with options...Leather seats plus plus cost another 20-30K I guess...
Has good power, good off road,and more than adequate acceleration...
Plus, Im a VW fan and they never go wrong...
Old Sep 15th 2008, 2:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat View Post
http://www.infiniti.com/ex/index.html
I love the Infiniti EX35, very nice. But not really an off roader, for that you would be looking at the Landcruiser Prado. I think you need to decide whether it is a car of a 4x4 for you
FX35 is a poofter's car...It's even confused as to what it wants to be...
Old Sep 15th 2008, 2:45 pm
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Car Buying Time

List what you are looking for and we'll start there .
Old Sep 15th 2008, 2:54 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Confucius View Post
FX35 is a poofter's car...It's even confused as to what it wants to be...
it is a woman's car!! I agree about the Tourag my friend has just bought a top of the range one, it is fabulous
Old Sep 15th 2008, 3:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

it is a woman's car!! I agree about the Tourag my friend has just bought a top of the range one, it is fabulous
Please agree more on the Touareg and less on the EX35...
Old Sep 15th 2008, 3:09 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by Confucius View Post
Please agree more on the Touareg and less on the EX35...
I like the shape of the EX, would suit me very nicely
Old Sep 15th 2008, 3:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

not keen on the touareg...i'd go for the z4 but, be warned, bmw service standards here are sooooooo bad...

MM, xx
Old Sep 15th 2008, 3:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

IndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa View Post
not keen on the touareg...i'd go for the z4 but, be warned, bmw service standards here are sooooooo bad...

MM, xx
Don't we have a BMW man on board? - forgot his name...
Old Sep 15th 2008, 3:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by IndieG View Post
Don't we have a BMW man on board? - forgot his name...
no, he's gawn...

MM, xx
Old Sep 15th 2008, 3:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

IndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa View Post
gawn...

MM, xx
....where?

Last edited by IndieG; Sep 15th 2008 at 3:39 pm.
Old Sep 15th 2008, 5:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

benzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond repute

VW Tiguan Sport fully loaded - should be about 140,000Dhs. Not sure what the waiting list is like though.
Old Sep 15th 2008, 5:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I like the shape of the EX, would suit me very nicely
Of course it would...It's a woman's car through and through...
Apologies for the typo above though; I meant EX was crap...I like the FX...Especially, the new FX50...
Old Sep 15th 2008, 5:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by IndieG View Post
....where?
Last seen in a BMW vortex...

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.