Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Car bombded in bahrain.

Car bombded in bahrain.

Old Mar 28th 2009, 6:50 pm
Banned

eylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to all
Default Car bombded in bahrain.

My son just got an SMS re car being petrol bombed in the new City Centre mall here in Bahrain. Anyone else heard anything?

Seriously Dean!!!
Old Mar 28th 2009, 7:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

bimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud of
Default Re: Car bombded in bahrain.

There is talk about a joint GCC police/security force lending Bahrain a hand eventually. The crux is that Bahrain is home to the US 5th fleet and the yanks fear that it will be regarded as a US proposal and used in the PR war between Iran and USA.

The million dollar question is if the Bahrainis are able to handle the matter internally...
Old Mar 29th 2009, 3:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by eylesda View Post
My son just got an SMS re car being petrol bombed in the new City Centre mall here in Bahrain. Anyone else heard anything?

Seriously Dean!!!
I was there twice yesterday.............. wouldn't they have closed the place as a 'security precaution'?

Or when was it, if not yesterday?
Old Mar 29th 2009, 3:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Oh I see............... it "caught fire"............

........... or did it?

http://www.gulf-daily-news.com/NewsD...storyid=246888
Old Mar 29th 2009, 5:40 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Dean View Post
Oh I see............... it "caught fire"............

........... or did it?

http://www.gulf-daily-news.com/NewsD...storyid=246888
Aye, I think it was in response to the announcement that some patronising Sheikh was gonna take the piss out of the Bahrain Toastmasters. Those toastmasters must be touchy fokkers.....

Royal Charity Organisation board of trustees chairman Shaikh Nasser bin Hamad Al Khalifa will patronise the Bahrain Toastmasters' annual conference on Friday.
Old Mar 31st 2009, 3:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by eylesda View Post

Seriously Dean!!!
Business as usual.............

It's been packed for the last two evenings.
Old Mar 31st 2009, 10:43 am
Banned

eylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to all

There was a report in the GDN that a car had caught fire at the Mall on the same day that 5 cars were were torched near the driving school.

Mall officials not available for comment and nothing more mentioned about it.

http://www.gulf-daily-news.com/Archi...ate=03/29/2009