Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Can you spare some time for charity??

Can you spare some time for charity??

Old May 19th 2009, 5:56 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute
Default Can you spare some time for charity??

I know, at times like these, it is hard not to think of onesself first, and everybody else second. People seem to want more than one can give, with no thought for the position we all find ourselves in..

But I'd like you to stop for a second and ask yourself this...

Are a couple of hours so important to me that I cant spend them helping others???

If, once you have looked deep into your heart, the answer to that question is a resounding no, then I have a group of people that I know would greatly appreciate that couple of hours....

For many a year, the BE Quiz team night out was a solid foundation in the ever-changing ebb and flow of life in Dubai. While all around uncertainty and the soulless aspects of Dubai would suck people dry, the Monday quiz outing was a beacon of light, steadfast and resolute against the ills of this great city..

However, in recent times, this rock has started to crumble.. Flagging interest and lower and lower scores has meant that all but the most diehard quiz player has turned their back on this pantheon of expat life and, having visited with them last night, I feel compelled to help these once proud people...

Show you care, they dont need you to come EVERY week, but if we all, once every couple of months, set aside our private ills and ventured out to aid others, I feel this once proud group, a bastion of all that is good, can once again raise their collective heads and, eventually, we will see the most recognisable of posts once again running in the Sandpit...

'Mondaynight pub quiz...'

Thank you for your time....
Old May 19th 2009, 5:58 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can you spare some time for charity??

Originally Posted by TGFKASE
I know, at times like these, it is hard not to think of onesself first, and everybody else second. People seem to want more than one can give, with no thought for the position we all find ourselves in..

Are a couple of hours so important to me that I cant spend them helping others???

If, once you have looked deep into your heart, the answer to that question is a resounding no, then I have a group of people that I know would greatly appreciate that couple of hours....

For many a year, the BE Quiz team night out was a solid foundation in the ever-changing ebb and flow of life in Dubai. While all around uncertainty and the soulless aspects of Dubai would suck people dry, the Monday quiz outing was a beacon of light, steadfast and resolute against the ills of this great city..

However, in recent times, this rock has started to crumble.. Flagging interest and lower and lower scores has meant that all but the most diehard quiz player has turned their back on this pantheon of expat life and, having visited with them last night, I feel compelled to help these once proud people...

Show you care, they dont need you to come EVERY week, but if we all, once every couple of months, set aside our private ills and ventured out to aid others, I feel this once proud group, a bastion of all that is good, can once again raise their collective heads and, eventually, we will see the most recognisable of posts once again running in the Sandpit...

Ozzie Legends?
Old May 19th 2009, 6:06 am
Hammer for Life

BangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond repute

I welled up just reading that...
Old May 19th 2009, 6:09 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BangleMan
I welled up just reading that...
aye...he's got a way with words, pity he showed up kinda after the quiz and proceded to slag us off, at least I think he did cause the Scottish accent prevented me from actually understanding what he was on about....
Old May 19th 2009, 6:12 am
Account Closed

Emerald_Eyes is an unknown quantity at this point

I know it's supposed to be an act of charity, but perhaps you can explain the benefits that potential players can receive, and don't mean the satisfaction of giving without expecting anything in return.
Old May 19th 2009, 6:12 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MataHari
aye...he's got a way with words, pity he showed up kinda after the quiz and proceded to slag us off, at least I think he did cause the Scottish accent prevented me from actually understanding what he was on about....
Old May 19th 2009, 6:58 am
BE Enthusiast

seraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by MataHari
Originally Posted by Blue Cat
He should visit Tuesday Morning Doctors Surgery and see DOC BangleMan for that.
Old May 19th 2009, 7:03 am
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute

Old May 19th 2009, 7:29 am
Hammer for Life

BangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by seraphnina
He should visit Tuesday Morning Doctors Surgery and see DOC BangleMan for that.
would be pointless him visiting Doc Bangleman's surgery, as I cant understand a word he says either....

i wish I could, as he suffers with 'musical round' tourrets and when its time to shout the song title out, all people hear is 'och jimmy' or some such thing
Old May 19th 2009, 7:30 am
Hammer for Life

Originally Posted by Emerald_Eyes
I know it's supposed to be an act of charity, but perhaps you can explain the benefits that potential players can receive, and don't mean the satisfaction of giving without expecting anything in return.
im waiting with anticipation for TGFKASE's reply
Old May 19th 2009, 10:48 am
???

moto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to behold

Where is the quiz?
What time?
Can thick people join in?
What Day
Old May 19th 2009, 10:57 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

would be pointless him visiting Doc Bangleman's surgery, as I cant understand a word he says either....

i wish I could, as he suffers with 'musical round' tourrets and when its time to shout the song title out, all people hear is 'och jimmy' or some such thing
heh heh!

Actually I've changed my footy night to Sunday rather than Monday so if I'm working late i'm just up the road so I'll try and pop in for a couple of pints and to say hello, was quite nice last time catching up with MM and MH and the others.
Old May 19th 2009, 10:58 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moto111
Where is the quiz?
What time?
What Day
it's at Aussie Legends pub, Rydges Hotel Satwa roundabout...8 pm...every Mondaynight...
not sure what to say to the thick people question...think I might leave that to someone else to answer...
Old May 19th 2009, 12:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moto111
Where is the quiz?
What time?
What Day
they always have done!
Old May 19th 2009, 12:37 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

heh, that honestly made me laugh out loud.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.