Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Can you access iplayer?

Wikiposts

Can you access iplayer?

Old Feb 15th 2009, 3:00 am
100% British Beef

Bison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond repute
Default Can you access iplayer?

Haven't been able to get on the site for 2 days even usiong the vpn, just get a white screen with a green bit at the top, anyone else having issues. I am concerned, I can't miss eastenders!!

Bison
Old Feb 15th 2009, 3:05 am
Its all good

Fairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can you access iplayer?

Yeah mines ok
Old Feb 15th 2009, 3:14 am
Forum Regular

B Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Fairydust
Yeah mines ok
me too!
Old Feb 15th 2009, 3:15 am
Forum Regular

B Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by B Bear
me too!
...just downoaded enders and mad men...
Old Feb 15th 2009, 3:47 am
BE Forum Addict

benzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond repute

I had the same problem, looks like the coding is off on the homepage. You can still get in try

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/tv
Old Feb 15th 2009, 5:31 am
Just Joined

mackem lass is an unknown quantity at this point

what vpn do you use? how does it work?
Old Feb 15th 2009, 4:37 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by B Bear
...just downoaded enders and mad men...
how do you download stuff then? I just watch it online.
Old Feb 15th 2009, 4:47 pm
100% British Beef

Bison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah homepage looks like it's gone to pot, but went in via your link and all worked ok.

how do you download stuff then? I just watch it online.
Spugs,

When you click on the program, at the bottom right of the screen it says download and when you click that, you have the option to save to computer. You need the BBC downloader installed on your PC which is available on the site.

I have discovered that once the download begins, you can disconnect your UK VPN for faster downloads and it still works. I often download 2 or 3 programs at a time and then can watch with out any paused caused by slow speeds. Well worth it in my opinion.

Bison
Old Feb 15th 2009, 6:12 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Bison
Yeah homepage looks like it's gone to pot, but went in via your link and all worked ok.

Spugs,

When you click on the program, at the bottom right of the screen it says download and when you click that, you have the option to save to computer. You need the BBC downloader installed on your PC which is available on the site.

I have discovered that once the download begins, you can disconnect your UK VPN for faster downloads and it still works. I often download 2 or 3 programs at a time and then can watch with out any paused caused by slow speeds. Well worth it in my opinion.

Bison
I download several simultaneously - generally takes twice the programme length. I tend to do it overnight when demand on the net is lower
Old Feb 15th 2009, 6:17 pm
100% British Beef

I download several simultaneously - generally takes twice the programme length. I tend to do it overnight when demand on the net is lower
You must have a real slow connection then, I can download 2 or 3 60 minute programs in less than half hour. Usually watch one whilst the others download.

If you use VPN your maximum download speed will be 1mb, I have a 4mb internet service so once the download starts I disconnect the VPN and the download continues at the 4mb speed ;-)

Bison