British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Can we extend the Middle East... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/can-we-extend-middle-east-790921/)

Bahtatboy Mar 18th 2013 6:56 am

Can we extend the Middle East...

...to Morocco, please? Yep, just for me. "Rest of the World" sounds sad and lonely.

Boomhauer Mar 18th 2013 7:00 am

Re: Can we extend the Middle East...

American government classifies North Africa as part of the MidEast, so does the Beeb.

shiva Mar 18th 2013 7:12 am

pretty standard here to include the maghreb into the middle east so im sure we wont mind

mentalist Mar 18th 2013 7:16 am

Strangely enough, several posters from Egypt still use the Africa Forum, so you may not find too many others in Morocco bothering to check your Middle East posts. Good luck, anyway.

Bahtatboy Mar 18th 2013 7:24 am

Originally Posted by mentalist (Post 10610091)
Strangely enough, several posters from Egypt still use the Africa Forum, so you may not find too many others in Morocco bothering to check your Middle East posts. Good luck, anyway. When are you off?

Thanks. End of this week. Went from a bit of a shot in the dark email from an agent the Thursday-before-last, tel interview next day, further tel interview and discussion last Tuesday, offer on Wednesday, negotiation concluded on Thursday, acceptance yesterday, plan to leave this weekend. :unsure:

Millhouse Mar 18th 2013 7:50 am

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy (Post 10610105)
Thanks. End of this week. Went from a bit of a shot in the dark email from an agent the Thursday-before-last, tel interview next day, further tel interview and discussion last Tuesday, offer on Wednesday, negotiation concluded on Thursday, acceptance yesterday, plan to leave this weekend. :unsure:

you are walking into a snake pit ...!

Ethos83 Mar 18th 2013 7:55 am

Congratulations.

'Tis the nature of the UAE. Here today gone tomorrow.

I returned to Dubai from the UK after one Christmas with no plans to go anywhere. By April I'd moved back to the UK for a new job.

Best friend in Dubai signed a lease for a new flat a month ago. Yesterday he just got told by the company that he's being relocated to Australia.

Morocco will be fun. More real. More edgy.

Roadking Mar 18th 2013 1:00 pm

Originally Posted by Ethos83 (Post 10610138)

Morocco will be fun. More real. More edgy. more STD's

Congratulations, BB. Hope you have a blast!

Patsy Stoned Mar 18th 2013 2:08 pm

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy (Post 10610065)
...to Morocco, please? Yep, just for me. "Rest of the World" sounds sad and lonely.

You stay with us darling :) Congrats on your new job. Travel safe xxx

The Dean Mar 18th 2013 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by shiva (Post 10610085)
pretty standard here to include the maghreb into the middle east so im sure we wont mind

Next time you mention Morocco to an American, he will almost certainly think you mean Morocco in Indiana...........

Bahtatboy Mar 18th 2013 5:17 pm

Originally Posted by The Dean (Post 10610770)
Next time you mention Morocco to an American, he will almost certainly think you mean Morocco in Indiana...........

Yeah, bastards even confuse California with the real one...

Bob Mar 18th 2013 5:48 pm

Good going on the new gig....so lots of drugs and dodgy rent buys huh :D

Bahtatboy Mar 19th 2013 4:24 am

How is it that all those who've never met me seem to have got me off to a T? :D