Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Can someone help please?

Can someone help please?

Old Sep 11th 2008, 7:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can someone help please?

Originally Posted by Eva
Yeh, your guidance was spot on.....I am really smug about my youtubes now.

My line is red orange and green......orange is huge.

Red and orange shout at each other don't they? A juxtaposition of colourblock

Buggeration, means I have lost the client networking stuff and am left with
the details of Syb's Wicked Wurzel niteout with friends and a combine harvester plus recommendations on how to spot a good transistor(radio).....
ain't gonna make me rich
.... and the "Thread That Goes Round And Round In Circles Without Actually Getting Anywhere Award" goes to...........

........ this one.

Last edited by The Dean; Sep 11th 2008 at 7:07 pm. Reason: double meaning and too much crap text
Old Sep 11th 2008, 7:09 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Dean
.... and the "Thread That Goes Round And Round In Circles Without Actually Getting Anywhere Award" goes to...........

........ this one.

I would still like to retrieve my old messages......any idea or do you want to remain sarky and petulant?
Old Sep 11th 2008, 7:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Eva
I would still like to retrieve my old messages......any idea or do you want to remain sarky and petulant?
Wasn't sarky and petulant - just gently joking.........

To the bottom right of the orange (etc) bars is a "Page 1 of x" thingy - just click on those until you get to your required messages...........
Old Sep 11th 2008, 7:15 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

Wasn't sarky and petulant - just gently joking.........

To the bottom right of the orange (etc) bars is a "Page 1 of x" thingy - just click on those until you get to your required messages...........
Jeez, you are not another old rhino skin gettin sensitive around here are ya?

I only get the option to click to page 4

Whooooooa! that's one of your better avi's Qui e la?
Old Sep 11th 2008, 8:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Eva
Jeez, you are not another old rhino skin gettin sensitive around here are ya?

I only get the option to click to page 4

Whooooooa! that's one of your better avi's Qui e la?
The new avi?

John McCain taken from the newsreel that's just been made available today - the day he was released from captivity in Vietnam..........

........... yesterday's was that Nancy Shevell (spelling?) that Paul McCartney's shagging/marrying - he's not making the same mistake this time - she's a multi-millionaire in her own right..........
Old Sep 11th 2008, 8:09 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The new avi?

John McCain taken from the newsreel that's just been made available today - the day he was released from captivity in Vietnam..........

........... yesterday's was that Nancy Shevell (spelling?) that Paul McCartney's shagging/marrying - he's not making the same mistake this time - she's a multi-millionaire in her own right..........

Oh god! He's so handsome there!.............
Wtf- does McCartney have to marry again, I didn't think he was oedipul
Old Sep 11th 2008, 8:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Eva
Oh god! He's so handsome there!.............
Wtf- does McCartney have to marry again, I didn't think he was oedipul
And the signature?

That little minx Katy Perry - it's from "I Kissed A Girl"...........
Old Sep 11th 2008, 9:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

........ this one.
Are you coming on to Eva???
Old Sep 11th 2008, 11:27 pm
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Can someone help please?

John McCain taken from the newsreel that's just been made available today - the day he was released from captivity in Vietnam...
That's a lie.

When the footage was discovered a few months ago it was used in a BBC story. Now it's being hailed as "just discovered" again?!! The Swedish chap who found it in an archieve was interviewed by the BBC at the time FFS.

A lot of news networks deserve a spanking over this, including the BBC as it's a blatent lie. Still the first casualty of sensationalist journalism is the truth .

[/rant]
Old Sep 12th 2008, 4:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Eva
if you've only got 4 pages showing, that's all you've got, doll...are you sure you didn't delete them...??

MM, xx
Old Sep 12th 2008, 5:12 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Eva
I need info from a pm for a networking thingy out of my box but it's older than 4 days back......can someone please guide me thru (idiot level please) recovering info, say 10 pages back thanks.
Check your browser history, on Windows Internet Explorer 7 you click the yellow star on the top left of the screen>History>Last week>British expats>Then find the link back to your private messages.

Does that help poppet?

ETA: Even if you have deleted those posts as long as you have Internet Explorer set up properly your computer should save the page.

Last edited by Charismatic; Sep 12th 2008 at 5:16 am.
Old Sep 12th 2008, 11:59 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Originally Posted by Charismatic
That's a lie.

When the footage was discovered a few months ago it was used in a BBC story. Now it's being hailed as "just discovered" again?!! The Swedish chap who found it in an archieve was interviewed by the BBC at the time FFS.

A lot of news networks deserve a spanking over this, including the BBC as it's a blatent lie. Still the first casualty of sensationalist journalism is the truth .

[/rant]
Reminds me of my teenage litrary Hero Hunter S. Thompson actually:

"Absolute truth is a very rare and dangerous commodity in the context of professional journalism." —Rolling Stone, February 15, 1973

Old Sep 12th 2008, 4:12 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
if you've only got 4 pages showing, that's all you've got, doll...are you sure you didn't delete them...??

MM, xx
[QUOTE=Charismatic;6775247]Check your browser history, on Windows Internet Explorer 7 you click the yellow star on the top left of the screen>History>Last week>British expats>Then find the link back to your private messages.

Does that help poppet?

Aaaaaw thanx you all..............too late nowthough.

I will try the IE7 thingy Chari................MM how long do you think that'll take me?
Old Sep 13th 2008, 6:00 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Originally Posted by Eva
I will try the IE7 thingy Chari................MM how long do you think that'll take me?

If I did IT support...