Camera

Old Dec 7th 2011, 9:14 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default Re: Camera

Originally Posted by TGFKASE
Good addition, IMHO. Granted, like your wide angle lens subject, play with it too much and it might fall off, but if its only used when you REALLY can't see the subject matter with it tucked away, should last....
Good stuff. Will go and have a look at that one later.
Old Dec 7th 2011, 9:26 am
Account Closed

Ethos83 is an unknown quantity at this point

What will she do with the photos?

Is it only for putting pictures on facebook/picasa?

If so there's no point splurging on fancy cameras. Any point and shoot will do.

I have a Canon 550D with the extra long lense. It's brilliant but it's a tool, not a toy. I'm serious about the pictures I take and that includes everything from setting up a shot to the final printing and framing.

I've had the Canon for two years now and I'm already itching to upgrade to the EOS5D.
Old Dec 7th 2011, 9:32 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Ethos83

I have a Canon 550D with the extra long lense. It's brilliant but it's a tool, not a toy. I'm serious about the pictures I take and that includes everything from setting up a shot to the final printing and framing.

I've had the Canon for two years now and I'm already itching to upgrade to the EOS5D.
It'll be for facebook yeah, but I'll be looking to utilise Meow's services to get good ones blown up and framed too.....so need to be decent quality.
Old Dec 7th 2011, 9:46 am
Some say, he adores KSA

iamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud of

Good choice, I'm waiting for the MkIII which should be out next year, the MkII is a wonderful bit of kit but getting a bit long in the tooth, amazing quality. Rumours are that the MkIII will be over 30mp I've been steadily acquiring L lenses and my 600D body is not doing them justice.
Old Dec 7th 2011, 10:10 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
It'll be for facebook yeah, but I'll be looking to utilise Meow's services to get good ones blown up and framed too.....so need to be decent quality.

In that case, make sure she shoots proper high resolution pics and works on her focus. What looks good as a small image, doesn't always work when 'blown up'.

I use a Canon 450D, but that's a SLR so bulkier than what she wants. I'm very happy with it. Of course, it isn't that camera that makes the image, it's photographing something interesting in a good way. Something many people seem to forget...
Old Dec 7th 2011, 10:53 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

I need a decent SLR but never used one, is it easy to learn how to use?
Old Dec 7th 2011, 11:23 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
In that case, make sure she shoots proper high resolution pics and works on her focus. What looks good as a small image, doesn't always work when 'blown up'.

I use a Canon 450D, but that's a SLR so bulkier than what she wants. I'm very happy with it. Of course, it isn't that camera that makes the image, it's photographing something interesting in a good way. Something many people seem to forget...
Hark at David Bailey
Old Dec 7th 2011, 11:25 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Spugsy
Hark at David Bailey
You've seen some of my images. That's if you were sober enough to focus...
Old Dec 7th 2011, 12:46 pm
Account Closed

Of course, it isn't that camera that makes the image, it's photographing something interesting in a good way. Something many people seem to forget...
So it's not what you've got in your camera case, it's how you use it?
Old Dec 7th 2011, 12:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Brains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond repute

Definitely, I'll forever kick myself for taking this picture but for whatever stupid reason, I had it on 2mp and not 8mp. I had talked for ages about getting it blown up and when I got round to it, I saw my mistake. It's not that great at A4, I had wanted it at A2 or A1

Not bad for a point and shoot camera through, Casio EX-S500.

Now I only shoot in high resolution and back-up the photos each time I take the camera home.
Attached Thumbnails Camera-cimg0474.jpg   Camera-cimg0489.jpg  
Old Dec 8th 2011, 2:17 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
What's the twisty screen like? Fall off in 6 months or a good addition?
Brilliant camera the G12 IMHO. Twisty bit is REALLY useful, allowing you to hold the camera at any level but still able to see the image; proper viewfinder also very good; excellent image quality; point-and-shoot if you want, but lots of very advanced features if you want to use them; built-in HDR works well; not too bulky and feels totally bullet-proof. Bought mine in DXB duty free, was considerably cheaper than in UK. The only thing I'd swap it for of a similar size would be a Leica X1 or Fuji X100, but they're in a different price range and don't give the same versatility.
Old Dec 9th 2011, 8:46 am