British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Came back from UK with heartbroken (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/came-back-uk-heartbroken-768828/)

Kate12th Aug 20th 2012 2:49 am

Came back from UK with heartbroken

Living and working in Dubai for awhile and i found out that i'm not very happy to be here and now it's getting worse cause i just broke up with my boyfriend...ex boyfriend now. Long distance relationship is the worse thing ever but anyway life goes on, Where're all single british hang out?

auzdafluff Aug 20th 2012 5:33 am

Re: Came back from UK with heartbroken

I've been there. It's hard.

Went through the same thing in September 2010, less than three months after I'd moved out. I'd been dating my ex for seven years, six of which we had been engaged (through uni - hence the long engagement).

It gets better. Believe me.

How long have you been out here? I get the feeling (partly because it is how it was with me) that you've been spending much of your free time on Skype or Facebook chatting, and so haven't had the chance to make many friends?

The best thing to do is to go out with some of your work mates, get drunk and remember that your ex isn't the world.

But I wouldn't go sleeping round to get over him. Not the place. Too risky.

seven seas Aug 20th 2012 6:51 am

Single White Female- in Dubai.

Welcome to the Pleasure Dome.

Actually I've just noticed something. Welcome to the Too Much Drinking Mediocrity Dome.

commander Aug 20th 2012 7:09 am

Forum rules say in situations like this, you should post a photograph of yourself.

Kate12th Aug 20th 2012 7:36 am

I've been here in Dubai for only 8 months and planning to move after 1 year which is around December or January. Of cause not I wouldn't go sleeping around I just need to do something and move on. Just like you said most of time i spent on skype and chatting so now its time to move on. I need to go out more and see more people. I dont wanna stuck with this situation for long it's unhealty. Its a shame that we couldn't make it thru but what to do, it happened.

Boomhauer Aug 20th 2012 7:45 am

Originally Posted by commander (Post 10235903)
Forum rules say in situations like this, you should post a photograph of yourself.

:amen:

Theseus Aug 20th 2012 7:48 am

Heartbreak totally sucks dude! - I had my heart broken this year too. I've moved out here after that happened (not because it happened, just good timing) and I feel better I think. Lots of new things to focus on. There's not much to say that can make it better except I hope you find something to make you happy and help you get over it. x

NorthernLad Aug 20th 2012 7:59 am

Originally Posted by Kate12th (Post 10235714)
Living and working in Dubai for awhile and i found out that i'm not very happy to be here and now it's getting worse cause i just broke up with my boyfriend...ex boyfriend now. Long distance relationship is the worse thing ever but anyway life goes on, Where're all single british hang out?

Take up a hobby...scuba diving is fairly sociable.

mentalist Aug 20th 2012 8:18 am

To answer the poster's original question, she will be made to feel at home at the Irish Village,:)

OriginalSunshine Aug 20th 2012 8:20 am

Originally Posted by NorthernLad (Post 10235945)
Take up a hobby...scuba diving is fairly sociable.

:blink:

actually, that's quite a sensible suggestion.

Assuming you're not a troll, and these posts are genuine, do consider extending your contract, because you will get hit by the taxman if you're not out of the UK for 2 years. December is also a great time of year here in the Gulf. The weather is fab, and it would be a shame to miss that and go back to raining miserable UK.

seven seas Aug 20th 2012 11:56 am

Originally Posted by OriginalSunshine (Post 10235970)
you will get hit by the taxman if you're not out of the UK for 2 years.

+1

Kate12th Aug 21st 2012 1:51 am

I always say "its ok, just forget about it" to my mates when they broke up with thier boys but once it happened to myself "it's NOT ok" its just like the end if the world!!

It's so annoying when I cant work, cant run my routine and daily life properly. Wish i could skip this part :( I know finding something to do is the best way to heal this and i'm trying to enjoy it

auzdafluff Aug 21st 2012 4:44 am

Originally Posted by Kate12th (Post 10237457)
I always say "its ok, just forget about it" to my mates when they broke up with thier boys but once it happened to myself "it's NOT ok" its just like the end if the world!!

It's so annoying when I cant work, cant run my routine and daily life properly. Wish i could skip this part :( I know finding something to do is the best way to heal this and i'm trying to enjoy it

It'll take a couple of weeks, but it will pass. :)

Bahtatboy Aug 21st 2012 5:58 am

Find some time and a place to be calm, quiet and uninterrupted for 1/2 an hour or so. Get relaxed and try to clear your mind--slow, deep breathing in a comfortable posture, with no distractions. Just concentrate on your breathing, focus on that and nothing else. When you're totally relaxed and calm, picture yourself at some point in the future--maybe a year or two hence. See yourself in a calm and happy state. Then imagine yourself looking back to this time: feel that this was a rough time, but that you got through it and emerged once again into a happy state of mind. The further you project into the future, the less signifcant and painful this current situation will seem. You should then be able to view now this situation as a relatively minor hurdle you have to jump, and also be able to pull out of it more quickly and postively. Look forward, not back.

Good luck.

The Dean Aug 21st 2012 6:00 am

Blimey........... I wonder what it must feel like to have a woman so utterly devoted to you that it causes such devastation when the relationship ends........