British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Calling Madam Medusa and anyone who knows the Dubai restaurant scene (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/calling-madam-medusa-anyone-who-knows-dubai-restaurant-scene-703613/)

Ethos83 Feb 3rd 2011 10:01 am

Calling Madam Medusa and anyone who knows the Dubai restaurant scene

I'd like to get a voucher/gift certificate to a good restaurant for a pair of friends who just tied the knot. Was thinking of spending around 500-600 AED. Ideally this should cover the meal and drinks. Perhaps they can spend a bit more, but I don't want to get a voucher that requires them to spend another 200-300 AED for a proper meal.

Is Bice a decent option?

Rivington Grill was my first thought but they don't sell vouchers

Any suggestions are appreciated.

co durham boy Feb 3rd 2011 10:10 am

Re: Calling Madam Medusa and anyone who knows the Dubai restaurant scene

Originally Posted by Ethos83 (Post 9149066)
I'd like to get a voucher/gift certificate to a good restaurant for a pair of friends who just tied the knot. Was thinking of spending around 500-600 AED. Ideally this should cover the meal and drinks. Perhaps they can spend a bit more, but I don't want to get a voucher that requires them to spend another 200-300 AED for a proper meal.

Is Bice a decent option?

Try Traiteur @ The Park Hyatt , beautiful hotel and an excellent restaurant , great setting as well.

Autonomy Feb 3rd 2011 10:25 am

Originally Posted by co durham boy (Post 9149083)
Try Traiteur @ The Park Hyatt , beautiful hotel and an excellent restaurant , great setting as well.

but that is way, way above his budget...

Best meal for 2 in Dubai for 600dhs inc drinks... hmmm....

Riv was a good choice
Would Bice be under 600?

Will think some more.. you'd have a lot more choices if you can stretch to 1,000dhs - Mezzanine could be done for that...

Do Jumeriah do vouchers - then they can choice from any restaurant?

Blue Cat Feb 3rd 2011 11:06 am

what about Frankies?

Madam Medusa Feb 3rd 2011 11:17 am

frankies has gone right off service-wise bc...the last couple of times we were there, it was really dreadful...

ethos, bice is lovely, so if you can get a voucher there then great, although it may be over your assigned budget...don't be tempted to go for bice in souk al bahar, btw, it's rubbish...

if you want italian, medzo in wafi is really excellent, it's a lovely setting and the food top notch...wafi must do vouchers you could use...

how about mango tree in souk al bahar...their cheapest set menu is 250 dhs each, and with an outside table, would be fab...

if jumierah do vouchers, then you'd get a really decent meal for that money at mjs which, in my opinion, is the best steak place in dubai and again has an amazing setting, or pai thai...

nice idea anyway...hope you get it sorted...!

MM, xx

lionheart Feb 3rd 2011 11:44 am

Try Samak Seafood Restaurant in Souk Al Bahar with tables overlooking the musical fountain thingy.

Spugsy Feb 3rd 2011 11:48 am

Is Bice a decent option?

grand grill would be good for that, habtoor grand.

The Dean Feb 3rd 2011 12:13 pm

Is Bice a decent option?

What about a Friday brunch at Waxy O'Connor's?

For that kind of money, they'll happily forget why they got married in the first place...........