Cairo

Old Aug 1st 2010, 8:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

benzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cairo

I think 3 days in Cairo is just about right, any longer and you'd never want to go back.
Old Aug 2nd 2010, 5:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by benzonar
I think 3 days in Cairo is just about right, any longer and you'd never want to go back.
Agree, 3/4 days is more than enough to do all the must do's
Old Aug 2nd 2010, 6:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Surely you mean 3 hours and not days?
Old Aug 2nd 2010, 9:21 am
Forum Regular

aPerfectCircle is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by EmiratesMillhouse
Surely you mean 3 hours and not days?
Well I think its quite an experience, I do live there and if by any chance you have any friends here specially egyptians, you won't have to worry about people bothering you or any of the other stuff that was mentioned earlier. I think 3 days is good enough in Cairo, many people here conisder Cairo a curse because its very crowded almost 20 million. if you have a chance to visit any other coastal city then I am sure you will like it. Alexanderia, Hurghada, Sharm el Sheikh and Dahab or even a nile cruise to Luxor and Aswan.

All the hotels they mentioned are really nice, specially cont city stars.

Well anyway I hope you enjoy your time here and if you have any more questions let me know and I will answer them the best I can.
Old Dec 6th 2010, 11:44 am
A bubbly-jock...

MacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond repute

Went to Cairo for St Andrew's Day. Spent 3 nights but 2 nights would have been enough.

Avoided the Hyatt Hotel (no booze) so went to the Conrad Cairo Hotel on the Nile and was upgraded to an executive suite with a large balcony (see photo from balcony). All up 'twas worth the visit to the pyramids and Egyptian museum. Next time...Luxor.
Attached Thumbnails Cairo-sundown_over_cairo.jpg  

Last edited by MacScot; Dec 6th 2010 at 11:46 am.
Old Dec 6th 2010, 1:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MacScot
Went to Cairo for St Andrew's Day. Spent 3 nights but 2 nights would have been enough.

Avoided the Hyatt Hotel (no booze) so went to the Conrad Cairo Hotel on the Nile and was upgraded to an executive suite with a large balcony (see photo from balcony). All up 'twas worth the visit to the pyramids and Egyptian museum. Next time...Luxor.
I'm here now. 5th visit in as many weeks. Oh, how I love the place.
Old Dec 6th 2010, 1:32 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EmiratesMillhouse
I'm here now. 5th visit in as many weeks. Oh, how I love the place.
And have you been to Eugene's Bar yet?
Old Dec 6th 2010, 1:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
And have you been to Eugene's Bar yet?
12 hour days + travel and homework. not yet