British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Burn Notice - TV Series (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/burn-notice-tv-series-588689/)

Charismatic Feb 2nd 2009 10:54 am

Burn Notice - TV Series

Is anyone else following this series now? I'm not usually into American TV shows but now I've downloaded the latest episodes this, it's possible it's actually getting better! :thumbup:

It's not like Bond type spy film because: 1. Cracked ribs hurt. 2. The only clever devices are of the two cellphones wired togeather or homemade napalm. 3. The bad guys are, pretty much, normal people.

Nicely shot with great locations, plenty of nice totty and dare I say it's actually quite funny in places! (I mean for an American series, of course ;)).

Torrents are available and we're still only half way through series 2. Well worth a try IMO :).

Blue Cat Feb 2nd 2009 11:04 am

Re: Burn Notice - TV Series

I do not watch anything American apart from LOST and that is only when I am in the mood.

Charismatic Feb 2nd 2009 11:08 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 7239287)
I do not watch anything American apart from LOST and that is only when I am in the mood.

Except for this and sometimes The Simpsons I'm with you there really (Except for "Lost", after one and a half episodes I gave up caring if they where going to get off the island TBH).

Blue Cat Feb 2nd 2009 11:21 am

Originally Posted by Charismatic (Post 7239300)
Except for this and sometimes The Simpsons I'm with you there really (Except for "Lost", after one and a half episodes I gave up caring if they where going to get off the island TBH).

well I am only at the end of series 2!!! yesterday because I was ill with flu and spent half the day in bed I did a 'Shiva' and thought I would watch some movies that had been donated to the sale. Three American ones, never watched one to the end they were dire.

Spugsy Feb 2nd 2009 11:27 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 7239287)

you can't go wrong with family guy. Sopranos was bloody fantastic as well.

Blue Cat Feb 2nd 2009 1:03 pm

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 7239365)
you can't go wrong with family guy. Sopranos was bloody fantastic as well.

:thumbdown:

Charismatic Feb 2nd 2009 1:36 pm

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 7239583)
:thumbdown:

It's easy to watch the Sopranos, watch the first two and last two episodes. All the others are pretty much like the first two.

Not so sure about Family Guy myself actually, bits I find funny but it's not very consistant.

niddy Feb 4th 2009 9:19 am

If you wanna watch something really good, I suggest The Wire. Excellent show.

Grace O Malley Feb 4th 2009 11:52 am

Prob more for the gals but The Tudors is brilliant.

Thanks MM and Squirty , I watched series 1 & 2 over 3 or 4 nights, bloody addicted I was, brilliant.....

Wonder when series 3 is coming?

Bob Feb 4th 2009 6:41 pm

Originally Posted by annacarna (Post 7247346)
Wonder when series 3 is coming?

few weeks apparently...

anyway, burn notice ain't bad, bit cheesy but not taking itself to seriously....a good chunk into the second series now.

Charismatic Feb 6th 2009 9:40 pm

Originally Posted by annacarna (Post 7247346)
Prob more for the gals but The Tudors is brilliant.

I'll check that out.

I've been downloading this thing by Simon Schama (who I notmally find very, very boring) called "The American Future - A History" and it's actually very good :).