Burn, baby, burn!

Old Dec 13th 2016, 4:39 am
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute
Default Burn, baby, burn!

Dubai fire: Huge blaze breaks out in apartments in Palm Jumeirah, Dubai | Metro News

Hope all is well? No one here affected?

But, sheesh, another high-rise fire?
Old Dec 13th 2016, 4:57 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default Re: Burn, baby, burn!

Goodness. Hope everyone made it out safely and they've controlled it.
Old Dec 13th 2016, 5:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Dubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond repute

mmmmm getting a parachute on checking in will become compulsory soon!
Old Dec 13th 2016, 8:40 am
Forum Regular

MAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond repute

There was a fire in a tower block on Friday in Tecom - went past in a taxi, a lot of people milling around outside, fire engines, police etc. Looked up and could see the glow of flames flickering away in an apartment around 20 floors up.

No idea what happened, I was on a beer drinking mission.
Old Dec 13th 2016, 9:05 am
BE Forum Addict

mission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond repute

do any of you have house contents insurance?
every time a fire breaks out like this, getting house contents insurance suddenly becomes a priority....but I never manage to get around to it
Old Dec 13th 2016, 9:33 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by mission
do any of you have house contents insurance?
every time a fire breaks out like this, getting house contents insurance suddenly becomes a priority....but I never manage to get around to it
Yup. Takes 5 minutes and not that expensive.
Old Dec 13th 2016, 11:01 am
Forum Regular

Kakawax is a glorious beacon of lightKakawax is a glorious beacon of lightKakawax is a glorious beacon of lightKakawax is a glorious beacon of lightKakawax is a glorious beacon of lightKakawax is a glorious beacon of lightKakawax is a glorious beacon of lightKakawax is a glorious beacon of lightKakawax is a glorious beacon of lightKakawax is a glorious beacon of lightKakawax is a glorious beacon of light

When I first moved in my apartment the airco broke down.. the landlord sent some Indian electricians to make the repair, job done. Around 6-8 weeks later it broke down again, fed up with getting the run around off the landlord I took matters into my own hands and call Jim Will Fix It who told me that the Indian team had bypasses the circuit breaker and the breakdown this time was due to one of the wires burning out.. fortunately not near anything else combustible. That was the point where I changed the locks, stopped picking up the phone to my landlord and vowed to move as soon as the contract is up.. just another 4 months to go
Old Dec 13th 2016, 11:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kakawax
When I first moved in my apartment the airco broke down.. the landlord sent some Indian electricians to make the repair, job done. Around 6-8 weeks later it broke down again, fed up with getting the run around off the landlord I took matters into my own hands and call Jim Will Fix It who told me that the Indian team had bypasses the circuit breaker and the breakdown this time was due to one of the wires burning out.. fortunately not near anything else combustible. That was the point where I changed the locks, stopped picking up the phone to my landlord and vowed to move as soon as the contract is up.. just another 4 months to go
You're new here... When you move it won't be any different.
Old Dec 13th 2016, 11:59 am
Account Closed

That was the point where I changed the locks, stopped picking up the phone to my landlord and vowed to move as soon as the contract is up.. just another 4 months to go
First thing in a new apartment is the lock change.
Old Dec 13th 2016, 2:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute

Fire put out at Palm Jumeirah apartment, no injuries | GulfNews.com

Sounds like an arsehole having a barbecue set the building on fire.

Some people just never learn
Old Dec 14th 2016, 4:08 am
Wannabe Cycling God

TheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond repute

And if you look at the videos of the blaze, with burning bits rolling down the balconies, looks like more of that dodgy inflammable cladding??

So glad my building is all concrete.
Old Dec 14th 2016, 7:00 am
BE Forum Addict

mission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond repute

I'm looking for a good aircon company to come and sort out my AC, would you mind sending me details of the company you used...not the dodgy desi one. Thanks
Old Dec 14th 2016, 7:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Scamp
First thing in a new apartment is the lock change.
I've never changed the locks in any apartment I've moved into...is that really necessary? Given that almost all apartments (or at least the ones I have lived in) have security and security cameras.
Old Dec 14th 2016, 7:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Dubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mission
I've never changed the locks in any apartment I've moved into...is that really necessary? Given that almost all apartments (or at least the ones I have lived in) have security and security cameras.
Yep most have security and security cameras, but it is what they do....sorry do not do that is a cause for concern....most security guy`s sit there bored out of their brains all day, and would not know what to do if an emergency happened anyway....there is a reason why they get payed next to naff all! They are window dressing and nothing more in virtually all residential areas!
Old Dec 14th 2016, 7:58 am
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dubaiexile
....there is a reason why they get payed next to naff all!!
Is this a thing now? Paid ffs

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.