Burka Ban

Old Apr 13th 2011, 4:43 pm
Account Closed

weasel central is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Burka Ban

Originally Posted by NorthernLad
Is it not the case that France is a democratic country, and they have voted in favour of this law therefore it should stand?

If the vote had said the veils were OK, then that would stand too.

Women in Saudi cover their heads (from all religions) as it is the law there - albeit not democratic as we know it.

In my opinion, if various religions (not just Muslims) want the perks of living in what we see as democratic countries then they should accept the outcome of such cases.
I had mentioned that once it became law of course you must follow it. I just didnt agree it should be law.
There is no law to cover your head in Saudi and as I said before plenty of women (mostly foreigners) do not cover their hair, and thats in Riyadh where I used to live.
Old Apr 13th 2011, 4:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Alexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by weasel central
I had mentioned that once it became law of course you must follow it. I just didnt agree it should be law.
There is no law to cover your head in Saudi and as I said before plenty of women (mostly foreigners) do not cover their hair, and thats in Riyadh where I used to live.
True, there is no law for Non Muslim women to cover their hair. Alas, if one does not, you know what happens? One gets majorly harassed by the "Righteous" (muttawa).
So this non existent law is not enforced at all.lol

Thing is, IF a law is brought into being by a democratic country, then this is obviously the wish of the majority of people who live there. ( People who are not citizens of said country can think what ever they wish of it...)
Those who are not happy with it, can use democratic means to oppose it. As simple as that.

People have to understand, democracy works both ways..apparently they did not realize that...up till now.
Old Apr 14th 2011, 6:38 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alexa
True, there is no law for Non Muslim women to cover their hair. Alas, if one does not, you know what happens? One gets majorly harassed by the "Righteous" (muttawa).
So this non existent law is not enforced at all.lol

Thing is, IF a law is brought into being by a democratic country, then this is obviously the wish of the majority of people who live there. ( People who are not citizens of said country can think what ever they wish of it...)
Those who are not happy with it, can use democratic means to oppose it. As simple as that.

People have to understand, democracy works both ways..apparently they did not realize that...up till now.
yeah the lovely Muttawa male who shouldn't be looking at women anyway!
Old Apr 14th 2011, 6:42 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

http://saudiwoman.wordpress.com/2010...nch-burqa-ban/

this blog is interesting
Old Apr 14th 2011, 7:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Sandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond repute

two wrongs don't make a right. what gives any bucknut politician or policeman the right to tell anyone what to wear ?

Will French brides be allowed to wear a veil ?
Old Apr 14th 2011, 7:42 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

I have a question for the men of the bored (sic).

Women cover their hair/faces as an act of modesty, so as not to be tempting to me. Does it not offend you any way that it is presumed that you have little self-control and may act inappropriately if you saw these women's hair/faces?
Old Apr 14th 2011, 7:51 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
Does it not offend you any way that it is presumed that you have little self-control and may act inappropriately if you saw these women's hair/faces?
it would but as i was allowed to talk to girls growing up i just feel pity for a society that worries about it
Old Apr 14th 2011, 7:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sandboy
two wrongs don't make a right. what gives any bucknut politician or policeman the right to tell anyone what to wear ?

Will French brides be allowed to wear a veil ?
Doesn't that assume that the decision to ban burkas and niqab is a 'wrong'?
Old Apr 14th 2011, 8:00 am
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Women cover their hair/faces as an act of modesty, so as not to be tempting to me. Does it not offend you any way that it is presumed that you have little self-control and may act inappropriately if you saw these women's hair/faces?
That's crossed my mind. It's a double-edged sword of wrongness...all men are potential rapists with little self-control, and it's women who are obliged to mitigate this by covering up.
Old Apr 14th 2011, 8:14 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

If I was someone who got offended, then Yes. Same as I'm not allowed in parks here or on the family beach. Single man = must be a predator.

On the other hand, those who have created the rule maybe know themselves...

As for taking offence: neither foes nor loving friends can hurt me
Old Apr 14th 2011, 8:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Brains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond repute

Women cover their hair/faces as an act of modesty, so as not to be tempting to me.
you'll get into trouble here if you do get tempted!
Old Apr 14th 2011, 11:06 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Brains1983
you'll get into trouble here if you do get tempted!
My crap typing is going to really get me in trouble one day!
Old Apr 14th 2011, 1:04 pm
ex-expat

Hello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond repute

yes, I've always thought that getting all men to wear a blindfold would be far more effective.
Old Apr 14th 2011, 1:54 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hello.Kitty
yes, I've always thought that getting all men to wear a blindfold would be far more effective.
...to go with the handcuffs and candlewax?
Old Apr 14th 2011, 1:59 pm
ex-expat

Hello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
...to go with the handcuffs and candlewax?
nope, just treating the cause of the problem.

It's the same in strict Catholicism - only allowed 2 inches of flash below the collar bone and must always have you hair covered in church - so as not to distract the men from their prayers, poor souls, their minds wander so uncontrollably, so easily...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.