The Burka

Old Nov 6th 2013, 4:35 am
BE Forum Addict

seven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Burka

Originally Posted by Norm_uk
Man disguises himself in a Burkha to evade police...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-24826379

Quite handy really - few police would challenge a Burka wearer for fear of being called racist.

N.
Yeah cops are really sensitive to being accused of racism, right?

He gave them the slip because they were incompetent clowns who were fooled by a slapstick act. Outwitted by a dumb animal. The oldest trick in the oldest book.

Who's to blame? The potential over-reaction by muslims. Brilliant.
Old Nov 6th 2013, 9:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alexa
That baffles me too. It seems to me, one plays into the hand of the other.
I do find it incredibly strange when one woman tells another to cover as not to tempt a man. Just as much as when a man tells a woman to cover as not to tempt a man. And then....are gay women tempted by uncovered women?And how many people are tempted by covered women?
The possibilities of temptation seem endless....
As a straight man, I am tempted by gay women with uncovered women.......
Old Nov 6th 2013, 9:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Alexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Dean
As a straight man, I am tempted by gay women with uncovered women.......
As I said, the possibilities are endless....
Old Nov 6th 2013, 11:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by seven seas
Yeah cops are really sensitive to being accused of racism, right?

He gave them the slip because they were incompetent clowns who were fooled by a slapstick act. Outwitted by a dumb animal. The oldest trick in the oldest book.

Who's to blame? The potential over-reaction by muslims. Brilliant.
I think it depends on who is on the alleged receiving end of the racism and the unique circumstances of the incident. So while coppers may feel reasonably secure in harassing Muslim or Black persons for whatever, in a situation like this where it emerges that a copper physically removed a woman's burka, there is the very real capacity for S$%t to hit the fan from a PR perspective.

It's kinda ironic how big abuses go on but small abuses due to their peculiar nature in regards to PR value will get media and organizations howling.
Old Nov 6th 2013, 2:16 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Man disguises himself in a Burkha to evade police...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-24826379

Quite handy really - few police would challenge a Burka wearer for fear of being called racist.

N.
Saw that. Surreal situation in modern Britain. That's the problem with constantly alleging racism, it undermines the very thing those alleging it seek to preserve. In this case, knowing that a tagged individual went into the mosque, those monitoring should have checked every burka automatically.

Last edited by Shard; Nov 6th 2013 at 2:22 pm.
Old Nov 7th 2013, 5:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Ah yes - racism............ still, at least there are people who are prepared to fight it.............
Attached Thumbnails The Burka-normal.png  
Old Nov 7th 2013, 7:34 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by The Dean
Ah yes - racism............ still, at least there are people who are prepared to fight it.............
LOL!
Old Nov 7th 2013, 8:07 am
Forum Regular

Yoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond repute

Who'd have thought it would be so hard to get legislation passed to allow police to demand the removal of face coverings for identification purposes?

The story behind this story is quite interesting too. Woman falsely accuses a policeman of forcibly removing her face covering when he pulled her over whilst she was driving. The conviction for the false accusation was quashed because the police couldn't positively identify her as being the accuser.

http://www.news.com.au/national/west...-1226751294560
Old Nov 7th 2013, 11:58 am
BE Enthusiast

banter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Yoohoo
Why do they wear them? Why do they think it's right for them to wear them and OK for you not to? If they wear them to preserve their modesty surely they must, in their heart of hearts, think all women should?
For them it is a personal choice to wear it, they feel that it is necessary by Islam, I have had a discussion with them many times and pointed that IMHO it is not islamic, they feel that it protects their modesty, another one wears it to stop unwanted attention, for me it makes it worse as they guys like to see whats underneath it so its worse

Here is a good page to explain it better than i can

http://misconceptions-about-islam.co...women-veil.htm

Last edited by banter64; Nov 7th 2013 at 12:00 pm. Reason: to add link
Old Nov 7th 2013, 12:09 pm
Forum Regular

Yoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by banter64
For them it is a personal choice to wear it, they feel that it is necessary by Islam, I have had a discussion with them many times and pointed that IMHO it is not islamic, they feel that it protects their modesty, another one wears it to stop unwanted attention, for me it makes it worse as they guys like to see whats underneath it so its worse

Here is a good page to explain it better than i can

http://misconceptions-about-islam.co...women-veil.htm

That's what I mean. It's illogical to say that it's "necessary by Islam" then say it's a personal choice. It either is or isn't necessary by Islam. Nobody gets to say "It's personal choice for me but necessary by Islam for you" - which of course is the logical converse of your friend's argument.
Old Nov 8th 2013, 1:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

seven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond repute

I know three personally and about half a dozen more through my circle and yes, they are sensitive to being accused of racism - which is why not enough is being done to tackle the problem of racist attacks against white people in the UK. http://www.theguardian.com/uk/2006/oct/22/ukcrime.race. "Senior police officers have admitted that 'political correctness' and the fear of discussing the issue have meant that race crime against white people goes under-reported. One chief constable has claimed that white, working-class men are more alienated than the Muslim community."

You are right that they were outwitted by an idiot in this case but sometimes the old tricks work the best. Good thing he wasn't carrying explosives and on his way to blow up a train or bus.

N.
Yeah, coz us poor whites are so oppressed.

You assume he wasn't carrying anything and that he isn't planning any new horrific act of cowardice. I hope he gets acquainted with a bus's front bumper very soon.
Old Nov 9th 2013, 6:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

redShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to all

Originally Posted by mikewot
He's going to tell you it's a faster and more efficient way (in the absence of any other form of transport) to move a body of men from point A to point B. Where is the relevance to head banging?
Rubbish, that’s is not the reason he is going to give you. He will you tell that those strange behaviours, like marching, or taking salutes, are to teach the soldiers discipline, a discipline that is very crucial for their survival!! There exist in life some human knowledge and notions that can never be acquired through reading books or listening to preaches, or attending colleges. The only way to acquire and comprehend them is through rituals, and discipline is one of them. Patience is just another example of such a notion that can solely be taught through rituals. Words on its own can never deliver the true meanings of patience
Old Nov 10th 2013, 1:28 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by redShark
Rubbish, that’s is not the reason he is going to give you. He will you tell that those strange behaviours, like marching, or taking salutes, are to teach the soldiers discipline, a discipline that is very crucial for their survival!! There exist in life some human knowledge and notions that can never be acquired through reading books or listening to preaches, or attending colleges. The only way to acquire and comprehend them is through rituals, and discipline is one of them. Patience is just another example of such a notion that can solely be taught through rituals. Words on its own can never deliver the true meanings of patience
Reading your endless drivel is in fact a never ending exercise in patience
Old Nov 10th 2013, 1:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

Soldiers are adults and meant to go to war. Muslims in this context are the general populace including many minors.

If rituals serve a purpose for Muslims then why does Islam chastise the rituals of other religions, surely what's good for the goose is good for the gander.
Old Nov 10th 2013, 7:31 am
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

Rubbish, that’s is not the reason he is going to give you. He will you tell that those strange behaviours, like marching, or taking salutes, are to teach the soldiers discipline,
As usual you talk about what you don't about. I spent 25 years in HM Royal Air Force so give me some credence for knowing my subject.
a discipline that is very crucial for their survival!! There exist in life some human knowledge and notions that can never be acquired through reading books or listening to preaches, or attending colleges. The only way to acquire and comprehend them is through rituals, and discipline is one of them.
You mean learning to obey by being punished if you don't do it correctly? Bizzare! I already told you what marching is about, saluting is showing respect to the queen by acknowledging the officer she commissioned.

Patience is just another example of such a notion that can solely be taught through rituals. Words on its own can never deliver the true meanings of patience
??? I have shown extreme patience in answering your very peculiar posts. I didn't have any ritual which I use.

"A woman in a grocery store happens upon a grandfather and his poorly behaved 3 year-old grandson.

It's obvious to her that Grandad has his hands full with the child screaming for sweets in the sweets aisle, biscuits in the biscuit aisle; same for fruit, cereal and fizzy drinks in their respective aisles.

Meanwhile, Grandad is working his way around, saying in a controlled voice, "Easy, Albert, we won't be long -- easy, boy." Another outburst, and she hears Grandad calmly say, "It's okay, Albert, just a couple more minutes and we'll be out of here. Hang in there, boy."

At the checkout, the little terror is throwing items out of the cart, and Grandad again in a controlled voice says, "Albert, Albert, relax buddy, don't get upset. We'll be home in five minutes; stay cool, Albert."

Very impressed, the woman goes outside where Grandad is loading his groceries and the boy into the car. "You know, sir, it's none of my business, but you were amazing in there. I don't know how you did it. That whole time, you kept your composure, and no matter how loud and disruptive he got, you just calmly kept saying things would be okay. Albert is very lucky to have you as his grandad."

"Thanks, lady," said Grandad, "but I'm Albert -- the little terror's name is Steve."

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.