British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Buggered knee (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/buggered-knee-744365/)

Cow Pie Jan 9th 2012 3:53 pm

Buggered knee

Hi all

Old rugby injury flared and need to go see a doc about my knee - any Dubai recommendations...?

Thanks

CP

:fingerscrossed:

Spugsy Jan 9th 2012 4:03 pm

Re: Buggered knee

Originally Posted by Cow Pie (Post 9830748)
Hi all

Old rugby injury flared and need to go see a doc about my knee - any Dubai recommendations...?

Thanks

CP

:fingerscrossed:

Dr Dandiwate at the Medcare hospital behind the Irish Village in Garhoud, he's bloody great - sorted my heel and knee out.

The Dean Jan 10th 2012 1:38 am

William Murrell at Dubai Bone and Joint Center has a superb reputation for his work with sports injuries (it's in Healthcare City). Also you might do a search for George John (who has a global reputation) but he may have moved on from Dubai as he wasn't at the Sevens this time.

Haven't heard of Spugsy's bloke but a first-hand recommendation is always worth listening to.

Patsy Stoned Jan 10th 2012 3:29 am

Originally Posted by The Dean (Post 9831751)
William Murrell at Dubai Bone and Joint Center has a superb reputation for his work with sports injuries (it's in Healthcare City). Also you might do a search for George John (who has a global reputation) but he may have moved on from Dubai as he wasn't at the Sevens this time.

Haven't heard of Spugsy's bloke but a first-hand recommendation is always worth listening to.

He wasn't at the 7's because when they moved to the new place, the organisers wanted to cut his budget and he wouldn't compromise his team by cutting back on experienced personnel. He is now at THE DUBAI MALL MEDICAL CENTRE he is HEAD OF THE DICIVION & CONSULTANT SPORTS MEDICINE & ORTHOPAEDIC SURGERY
I don't have the number sorry

Ronnie Biggs Jan 10th 2012 6:30 am

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned (Post 9831889)
He wasn't at the 7's because when they moved to the new place, the organisers wanted to cut his budget and he wouldn't compromise his team by cutting back on experienced personnel. He is now at THE DUBAI MALL MEDICAL CENTRE he is HEAD OF THE DICIVION & CONSULTANT SPORTS MEDICINE & ORTHOPAEDIC SURGERY

THANKS that is very HELPFUL :)

Cow Pie Jan 10th 2012 8:06 am

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 9830767)
Dr Dandiwate at the Medcare hospital behind the Irish Village in Garhoud, he's bloody great - sorted my heel and knee out.

Thanks Spugsy just picked these up - will check it out - very much appreciated :) :) :)

Cow Pie Jan 10th 2012 8:07 am

Originally Posted by The Dean (Post 9831751)

Thank you The Dean - just picked these up - will check it out - very much appreciated :) :) :)

Spugsy Jan 10th 2012 9:56 am

Originally Posted by Cow Pie (Post 9832225)
Thanks Spugsy just picked these up - will check it out - very much appreciated :) :) :)

Mate I went in to see him, 2 weeks later had an MRI on knee and X-Ray on heel, another two weeks later I was in for keyhole surgery and injection into heel spur - in at 6am and home at 3pm. The knee feels like new.

Autonomy Jan 10th 2012 11:14 am

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 9832408)
Mate I went in to see him, 2 weeks later had an MRI on knee and X-Ray on heel, another two weeks later I was in for keyhole surgery and injection into heel spur - in at 6am and home at 3pm. The knee feels like new.

I just had an MRI on my knee - Dr Ottmar Gorschewsky at City Hospital - getting the results back tomorrow...

What did they fix with the keyhole surgery? Any phsyio? On crutches for a while?

Spugsy Jan 10th 2012 1:08 pm

Originally Posted by Autonomy (Post 9832553)
I just had an MRI on my knee - Dr Ottmar Gorschewsky at City Hospital - getting the results back tomorrow...

What did they fix with the keyhole surgery? Any phsyio? On crutches for a while?

Two cartilege tears under the kneecap, in and out one day, walking fine - had to stay off footy for 6 weeks and then straight back.

kidsam Jan 10th 2012 2:12 pm

Does anyone have Ortho recommendations in Abu Dhabi?

The Dean Jan 11th 2012 1:20 am

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned (Post 9831889)

Dubai Mall Medical Centre? Oh dear............

"That will be AED 2,000 please - 500 for the consultation, and 1,500 for the expensive decor..............."

Autonomy Jan 11th 2012 7:19 am

So MRI results back in... not quite so good as Spugsy...

Cartilage severely damaged and near total depletion in some areas. Tear to meniscus. Lots of cartilage debris in the knee.

Key hole surgery recommended to repair meniscus (which is easy) and also do http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microfracture_surgery to try to stimulate some cartilage repair...

4 weeks crutches with no weight on the leg at all. 4-6 weeks should be walking and driving. 8 weeks non impact sports.

And as a photographer advised not to use the standard half kneeling shot position.

Any one have any knowledge in this microfracture procedure...?

Spugsy Jan 11th 2012 12:32 pm

Originally Posted by Autonomy (Post 9834801)
So MRI results back in... not quite so good as Spugsy...

Cartilage severely damaged and near total depletion in some areas. Tear to meniscus. Lots of cartilage debris in the knee.

Key hole surgery recommended to repair meniscus (which is easy) and also do http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microfracture_surgery to try to stimulate some cartilage repair...

4 weeks crutches with no weight on the leg at all. 4-6 weeks should be walking and driving. 8 weeks non impact sports.

And as a photographer advised not to use the standard half kneeling shot position.

Any one have any knowledge in this microfracture procedure...?

Oh shit sorry to hear that fella, at least you have insurance (I assume) and they do things well over here so you should be back on your feet quickly enough.

I was advised never to do heavy squats in the gym ever again, which is fine by me.