Bug Man

Old Jul 21st 2013, 7:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Bug Man

Villa de la Millhouse seems to be overrun with bugs, nasty crawlies and cockroaches.

Does anyone know a decent company who can spray around and clear this up? Makes sense to do this while Mini Millhouse is away - I'll stay outside the house for a couple of nights in case they use DDT.

The hamster has agreed to be the proverbial budgie.
Old Jul 22nd 2013, 3:56 am
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bug Man

Benchmark Pest control use a odorless product that allows you to stay in the house while they do it and after they have gone - 350 AED inside and outside.

Jumeirah Pest Control

Ridapest
Old Jul 22nd 2013, 5:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikewot
Benchmark Pest control use a odorless product that allows you to stay in the house while they do it and after they have gone - 350 AED inside and outside.

Jumeirah Pest Control

Ridapest
Thanks Mike. I'm going with Benchmark. Now 450dh.

Cheers, S
Old Jul 22nd 2013, 5:58 am
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse
I'm going with Benchmark. Now 450dh.
Was that their 'best price'? Maybe you're bigger than the average 2 bed villa.
Old Jul 22nd 2013, 5:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by mikewot
Was that their 'best price'? Maybe you're bigger than the average 2 bed villa.
ah, that's it then - 3 bed ...
Old Jul 22nd 2013, 8:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse
Villa de la Millhouse seems to be overrun with bugs, nasty crawlies and cockroaches.

Does anyone know a decent company who can spray around and clear this up? Makes sense to do this while Mini Millhouse is away - I'll stay outside the house for a couple of nights in case they use DDT.

The hamster has agreed to be the proverbial budgie.
Any lizard/gecko type creatures clinging to the walls in your place? Let a couple of them loose for a couple of days - voila!
Old Jul 22nd 2013, 8:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by The Dean
Any lizard/gecko type creatures clinging to the walls in your place? Let a couple of them loose for a couple of days - voila!
we have them inside too - I leave them be for this reason. But the roaches are massive
Old Jul 22nd 2013, 1:47 pm
Forum Regular

Bongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond repute

We've got some serious roaches in our place. They say that if you see roaches in daylight then there must be a shedload in their hiding spot pushing them out, because they hate the light. We've got them everywhere and they've worked out how to use the remote control on the TV.

I gave them a proper spray a few days ago and now all I am finding around the house is dead crickets. Roaches must be fine.

We're moving in a months time so I cant be bothered to get them out properly. I reckon if I ask them nicely they might be able to help me pack the boxes such is their size and strength.
Old Jul 22nd 2013, 4:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond repute

MH, let me know if their stuff works. I want to get the place dosed before the furniture arrives
Plus as I will be on a camp bed for a week and there will be nothing else in the place, if there are any lurking then they will definitely be homing in on me and I hate roaches
Old Jul 22nd 2013, 4:51 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tockalosh
MH, let me know if their stuff works. I want to get the place dosed before the furniture arrives
Plus as I will be on a camp bed for a week and there will be nothing else in the place, if there are any lurking then they will definitely be homing in on me and I hate roaches
But that sort of de-bugging requires that you take all the curtains down. Just saying, like.
Old Jul 22nd 2013, 5:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond repute

Ah I don't want reminding about curtains,

The blinds I got look shit because of the window levers I missed, that now stick out badly on a couple of them. Cant believe I missed them **** off big handles. Only affects the little ones

The curtains come back from the hemmers (?) Sunday

The shit AC repair man this evening told me the reason my bedroom wasn't getting cold was because I had no curtains !! Now whilst I accept that curtains may help it did sound like a load of bollox so out came the trusty thermometer from his tool bag to show that the airstream at the vent was 25 degrees C. Not surprising it doesn't get cold really
Eventually after cajoling him onto the roof he confirmed the compressor is ****ed
I thought he would have been telling me the compressor etc was ****ed before he even got up there to get a few dirhams. No way I am going up there as no access but no he tried to blag it on the lack of curtains. If only he knew how much pain I have associated with bloody curtains. Perhaps he was scared of heights and hates Almas because of it ?

Last edited by Tockalosh; Jul 22nd 2013 at 5:33 pm.
Old Jul 22nd 2013, 5:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

anyway digressed from bugs to curtains again so apologies

Back to bugs
Old Jul 22nd 2013, 5:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Will do.

You have to stay out of the house for at least 8 hours (I'm staying away 36ish as I don't trust them to use safe chemicals here).

I would definitely do it before the wife and kids come back. In addition, you can also blame all the black hairs around the place on them, so it really is win win.
Old Jul 22nd 2013, 5:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ah I don't want reminding about curtains,

The blinds I got look shit because of the window levers I missed that now stick out badly on a couple of them. Cant believe I missed them **** off big handles. Only affects the little ones

The curtains come back from the hemmers (?) Sunday

The shit AC repair man this evening told me the reason my bedroom wasn't getting cold was because I had no curtains !! Now whilst I accept that curtains may help it did sound like a load of bollox so out came the trusty thermometer from his tool bag to show that the airstream at the vent was 25 degrees C. Not surprising it doesn't get cold really
Eventually after cajoling him onto the roof he confirmed the compressor is ****ed
I thought he would have been telling me the compressor etc was ****ed before he even got up there to get a few dirhams. No way I am going up there as no access but no he tried to blag it on the lack of curtains. If only he knew how much pain I have associated with bloody curtains. Perhaps he was scared of heights and hates Almas because of it ?
Was that Saleem or Jimmy?

Saleem was great for me... sounds like it needs regassing (150dh ish). Access is a bitch but I've been up there (ladder from the balcony off master bedroom - it's not that bad).
Old Jul 22nd 2013, 5:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Bongoman2
We've got some serious roaches in our place. They say that if you see roaches in daylight then there must be a shedload in their hiding spot pushing them out, because they hate the light. We've got them everywhere and they've worked out how to use the remote control on the TV.

I gave them a proper spray a few days ago and now all I am finding around the house is dead crickets. Roaches must be fine.

We're moving in a months time so I cant be bothered to get them out properly. I reckon if I ask them nicely they might be able to help me pack the boxes such is their size and strength.
That would be a start. I couldn't hear the telly the other night due to the ****ing crickets in the play room in full song.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.