British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Bucket of Vindaloo (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/bucket-vindaloo-914088/)

Bahtatboy Jul 11th 2018 7:52 am

Re: Bucket of Vindaloo

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Irishbeekeeper (Post 12530815)
I shall maintain my conspiracy theory that the bookies got to Belgian's Number 9!!! :rofl:

Speaking of which:

Attachment 130431

Irishbeekeeper Jul 11th 2018 7:55 am

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy (Post 12530833)
Speaking of which:

Attachment 130431

oh very nice!!! :D

scrubbedexpat141 Jul 11th 2018 7:55 am

Originally Posted by weasel decentral (Post 12530817)
Is he being ironic? That French team were full of running, harassed Belgium in groups and played a lot of dutch style 'total football' in the sense of playing all over the park and out of position.
Extra day rest now also. Doesn't rule out a (fat) Ronaldo or Zidane style melt down on the day of the final though :)

At the start maybe, but from about 60 onwards they weren't anywhere near the levels previously.

Originally Posted by co durham boy (Post 12530820)
Terrible last night after been excellent in the previous game , doesn't add up to me as he should be bullying center halves for fun

It's because he was up against decent centre halves - Varane is world class and won't be played by a fatty like Lukaku.

co durham boy Jul 11th 2018 9:23 am

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 12530837)
At the start maybe, but from about 60 onwards they weren't anywhere near the levels previously.

It's because he was up against decent centre halves - Varane is world class and won't be played by a fatty like Lukaku.

Varane is world class but Lukaku is so inconsistent man , he's got to impose himself a bit more it's a semi final not West Brom away

IKnowNothing Jul 11th 2018 10:07 am

Best one I've seen yet:-

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/british...6c84506cc7.jpg

IKnowNothing Jul 11th 2018 10:08 am

oooh, that came out a bit big (In a Finbarr voice)

Irishbeekeeper Jul 11th 2018 10:17 am

Originally Posted by IKnowNothing (Post 12530914)

Ok this one is way way over my head
Explain please :)

reddiva Jul 11th 2018 11:07 am

Originally Posted by Irishbeekeeper (Post 12530923)
Ok this one is way way over my head
Explain please :)

It's
Coming
Gnome ( Home)

And i am blond hahaha

scrubbedexpat141 Jul 11th 2018 11:45 am

Originally Posted by co durham boy (Post 12530890)
Varane is world class but Lukaku is so inconsistent man , he's got to impose himself a bit more it's a semi final not West Brom away

Lukaku isn't world class in my opinion..... which is why he won't be imposing in these sorts of games I don't think.

Irishbeekeeper Jul 11th 2018 4:57 pm

Originally Posted by reddiva (Post 12530958)
It's
Coming
Gnome ( Home)

And i am blond hahaha

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/british...90b6abed04.gif

pupdawg82 Jul 11th 2018 9:03 pm

Lads are going home without cup! Good run this time.

co durham boy Jul 12th 2018 3:15 am

Enjoyed the game last night and the best team won by a fine margin . I thought England were excellent first half but the failure to get a second was going to cost us . A good side like Croatia were always going to have a decent spell and they did just that.

Some great performances on both sides and Croatia did there homework as the tactics were spot on and kind of strangled us second half . We lacked that bit of creativity from open play that makes the difference like Modric. Aside from that it's been a great tournament and England have done well , they wont get a better chance than this for a long time that's for sure .

weasel decentral Jul 12th 2018 3:34 am

Good game last night, it looked like England might do it based on the first half performance but Croatia had too much class and the patience/confidence to believe in their game and wait for the goals to come. I doubt any England fan could be unhappy with how the world cup went, Southgate definitely overachieved, a semi final looked unlikely at the start. Unless Belgium do something crazy Kane has the golden boot, though his performances have dropped off as the tournament progressed.
Best for me was that English fans really got into the spirit of the world cup, and took it as an extended party rather than the sort of joyless affair it has been before. Kudos!

France for the cup though, unless Croatia really do something special and it would be great to have a new winner.

scrubbedexpat141 Jul 12th 2018 5:37 am

Originally Posted by co durham boy (Post 12531476)
Enjoyed the game last night and the best team won by a fine margin . I thought England were excellent first half but the failure to get a second was going to cost us . A good side like Croatia were always going to have a decent spell and they did just that.

Some great performances on both sides and Croatia did there homework as the tactics were spot on and kind of strangled us second half . We lacked that bit of creativity from open play that makes the difference like Modric. Aside from that it's been a great tournament and England have done well , they wont get a better chance than this for a long time that's for sure .

Good post mate, spot on.

In the next few days I'll be pleased we made it to a semi final, but right now it was there for the taking and it's a real shame.

Such is, the way it's galvanised people and actually created an opportunity to be proud of an England football team is just wonderful. Second youngest squad at the tournament and I think a lot of them will have learnt, grown and developed a great deal.

**** I'm hungover.

DXBtoDOH Jul 12th 2018 5:43 am

I can't add more to what's already been said. I'm still agonising that we came so close to it, but such is the way of the world. It was a good match. And a good tournament.