Bucket of Vindaloo

Old Jul 6th 2018, 8:36 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bucket of Vindaloo

I think I must be having a seriously blonde moment (and a delayed one at that): why is the thread titled Bucket of Vindaloo?
Old Jul 6th 2018, 8:41 am
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
I think I must be having a seriously blonde moment (and a delayed one at that): why is the thread titled Bucket of Vindaloo?
I'm guessing in honour of the famous English footie song 'Vindaloo'
Old Jul 6th 2018, 9:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
becuase me, me mum, me dad and me gran went to Waterloo with a bucket of vindaloo.

Google fat lez for clarity
Old Jul 6th 2018, 7:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

reddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Miss Ann Thrope
So anyway, why didn't Vardy take a penalty in the shootout?
It looked like he had a groin issue. If you watch the footage once they had won he was hobbling holding his groin when he ran to join the team
Old Jul 7th 2018, 6:42 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by reddiva
It looked like he had a groin issue. If you watch the footage once they had won he was hobbling holding his groin when he ran to join the team
Vardy pulled his groin and Dier stepped in , wasn't even down as a taker . Balls of steel
Old Jul 7th 2018, 7:17 pm
...we killed the flame

Miss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond repute

Let me be the first here to say well done England for showing up the deficiencies of that limited Swedish side. The Swedish goalie has questions to answer about both of those goals but England made and took their opportunities and Sweden didn't and that was the difference. England actually looked comfortable in the second half and the match was only truly hard to watch (as I feared and predicted) before the first goal. I still think the two teams that were eliminated yesterday are better than any of the four that played today but such is the nature of the competition.

And this encapsulates my position much more eloquently than i can manage:
https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/soccer/international/ken-early-the-least-we-owe-england-is-to-keep-on-hating-to-the-end-1.3556869
Old Jul 8th 2018, 5:24 am
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute

Am I the first one on this bored to make it to the office this morning? Scamp, how are you bearing up?

Excellent match yesterday. Very tempted to fly back to UK Tuesday to be there for Wednesday's match and hopefully the finals. I have a feeling that not being in the country should we win will be a lifelong regret.
Old Jul 8th 2018, 5:33 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by DXBtoDOH
Am I the first one on this bored to make it to the office this morning? Scamp, how are you bearing up?

Excellent match yesterday. Very tempted to fly back to UK Tuesday to be there for Wednesday's match and hopefully the finals. I have a feeling that not being in the country should we win will be a lifelong regret.
I'm in the office and buzzing, both still drunk (perhaps) and with excitement.
I can't think of a more comfortable and professional performance against a good team in a while. It was miles from perfect and Pickford pulled off a couple of worldies but in reality, we never looked that troubled and like MAT says, it was only wobbly before the first went in, that settled lots of nerves.

I fly to the UK Thursday night / Friday morning. Will be in the UK for the final and if we're lucky enough to make it, I might try to get to Moscow, will be googling today (when I did the other day I found indirect flights but totally ignored visa issues, so that's part I).

Its. Coming. Home.

And this encapsulates my position much more eloquently than i can manage:
https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/soc...-end-1.3556869
Just stick to hating us. It's easier for you, it's easier for us, it's just what is meant to happen. Trying, as nice as it is to hear, is probably futile and is like me trying to convince someone I'm genuinely interested in their beige and brown stamps collection, strictly from 1952-53.

Anyway, I saw a mate post a photo of people jumping up and down on top of an ambulance car in the UK after winning. I hope the UK just about retains a sense of positive celebrations and not just anarchy. The video of people dancing in the entrance of IKEA is just brilliant (unless they damage stuff).
Old Jul 8th 2018, 5:48 am
Wannabe Cycling God

TheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond repute

I left straight after the game so managed to make the office by 8 Clearly I failed to celebrate enough
Old Jul 8th 2018, 5:54 am
BE Enthusiast

reddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond repute

I was in at 8 but shattered from staying up late, so proud of our blokes and am going to take a half morning off for the Croatia match
Old Jul 8th 2018, 6:05 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by reddiva
I was in at 8 but shattered from staying up late, so proud of our blokes and am going to take a half morning off for the Croatia match
My boss flies on Thursday morning so I'm going to properly take the piss.

I fly Thursday night / Friday morning and can't see me surviving the whole day, evening of packing and airport until take off without a serious nap or lie in.
Old Jul 8th 2018, 6:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

I’m in the UK at the moment and it was fantastic watching the game. Roads were totally silent from about 2:45 until the game finished. Then lots of cheering followed by the smells of BBQ’ing. Really great for lifting the spirits of the people at a time when they need it.

Game was decent too. Firm, fair and you could see the team grow in confidence. it was nice to see.

Loved the Russia game. Pity they went out, as an England - Russia semi would have been great given the macro issues going on between the countries right now. The Russians have done a great job in this World Cup, as a team and as a host. Well done to them.

MAT is just a hater. Always being contrarian gets tiresome but apparently we need people like this in the world too. It’s just not always easy to see it.
Old Jul 8th 2018, 7:53 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse
I’m in the UK at the moment and it was fantastic watching the game. Roads were totally silent from about 2:45 until the game finished. Then lots of cheering followed by the smells of BBQ’ing. Really great for lifting the spirits of the people at a time when they need it.

Game was decent too. Firm, fair and you could see the team grow in confidence. it was nice to see.

Loved the Russia game. Pity they went out, as an England - Russia semi would have been great given the macro issues going on between the countries right now. The Russians have done a great job in this World Cup, as a team and as a host. Well done to them.

MAT is just a hater. Always being contrarian gets tiresome but apparently we need people like this in the world too. It’s just not always easy to see it.
Enjoyed the game last night , we were in total control from the 1st minute of the game until the last . England have had a tremendous world cup and now anything can happen . Don't listen to the detractors.

Must be an awful time to be a Jock
Old Jul 8th 2018, 11:06 am
...we killed the flame

Miss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse

Seriously though, I didn't realise what a fragile flower you were... Not being on the "it's coming home delirium wagon" does not make me a hater. But this attitude that "if you are not with us, you're against us" is exactly what does turn people into haters.

Meanwhile I think Croatia did England a favour because Russia would have been very difficult to play in a home semi-final. Meanwhile Croatia themselves seem completely unable to repeat their deliciously clinical performance against Argentina so look very beatable. However, they have now come through two shoot-outs and their keeper is a genuine penalty master saver...

Either way, there is no question which of the semi-finals that proper football-lovers are looking forward to.

And you England "fans" that can't grasp the notion that me and many others are not at fever pitch excitement over an average team of decent enough lads riding a big wave of luck, consider how much regard the voters of England showed to the rest of the UK, and to the island of Ireland in particular, in June 2016, to understand why we may be reluctant to show solidarity that is rarely returned when it matters.
Old Jul 8th 2018, 11:58 am
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute

Seriously though, I didn't realise what a fragile flower you were... Not being on the "it's coming home delirium wagon" does not make me a hater. But this attitude that "if you are not with us, you're against us" is exactly what does turn people into haters.

Meanwhile I think Croatia did England a favour because Russia would have been very difficult to play in a home semi-final. Meanwhile Croatia themselves seem completely unable to repeat their deliciously clinical performance against Argentina so look very beatable. However, they have now come through two shoot-outs and their keeper is a genuine penalty master saver...

Either way, there is no question which of the semi-finals that proper football-lovers are looking forward to.

And you England "fans" that can't grasp the notion that me and many others are not at fever pitch excitement over an average team of decent enough lads riding a big wave of luck, consider how much regard the voters of England showed to the rest of the UK, and to the island of Ireland in particular, in June 2016, to understand why we may be reluctant to show solidarity that is rarely returned when it matters.
Whatever, mate.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.