British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Brunch tomorrow (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/brunch-tomorrow-739329/)

Millhouse Nov 18th 2011 1:34 pm

Brunch tomorrow

Against my better judgement, it is looking like we may go to a brunch tomorrow (yes on a Saturday). As this is a scene I've avoided like the plague for the last 4 years I have no idea where to go. So, I'm looking for:

- Somewhere pleasant, sea view, horses, golf, boats, fancy buildings etc.
- Not crazy expensive - i.e. sub 300 AED
- Not boozy - only half of the group would drink and they would probably drink less than 2 glasses each. I don't want to be near pissed up knob-heads.
- Somewhere for Mini-Millhouse to bounce himself stupid or punch a clown.

Any ideas?

flares Nov 18th 2011 2:05 pm

Re: Brunch tomorrow

Ikea

Millhouse Nov 18th 2011 2:17 pm

Originally Posted by saudiflares (Post 9740490)
Ikea

Awesome. I'll give that a whirl - I do like a meatball.

Patsy Stoned Nov 18th 2011 7:11 pm

Look in Timeout, they list Saturday brunches

Victor Meldrew Nov 18th 2011 8:01 pm

Lamcy Plaza foodcourt

Millhouse Nov 19th 2011 2:12 am

I knew I could rely on you guys.

Well, after much deliberation I got my way - we are not going to a brunch. But, we will BBQ at home then go for a couple of drinks at the polo club.

I did discover the Al-Badia picnic brunch - 225 AED for a BBQ picnic thing on the golf course. That would have been OK.

shiva Nov 19th 2011 4:40 am

Originally Posted by Millhouse (Post 9741471)
I knew I could rely on you guys.

Well, after much deliberation I got my way - we are not going to a brunch. But, we will BBQ at home then go for a couple of drinks at the polo club.

I did discover the Al-Badia picnic brunch - 225 AED for a BBQ picnic thing on the golf course. That would have been OK.

For future reference Arabian ranches polo club when a match is on is 50aed for access to the field bring your own picnic and booze, pick your spot carefully and you won't be surrounded by twats

The cellar brunch has always been a civilised affair with low alcohol consumption
The creek golf club is the same but the food is pretty ordinary

Othe than that the pickings are slim for a civilised brunch

Victor Meldrew Nov 19th 2011 4:47 am

Is the Cellar still open? if that is the place next to Irish Village I think it is currently closed.

scrubbedexpat141 Nov 20th 2011 5:54 am

Originally Posted by shiva (Post 9741637)
For future reference Arabian ranches polo club .........., pick your spot carefully and you won't be surrounded by twats

Those two things don't go together.