British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   British Open Plays (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/british-open-plays-619970/)

BethPageBlack Jul 13th 2009 10:42 pm

British Open Plays

The British Open Matchups are out-These are money makers guys.

Hunter Mahan - Take the American at +105
over
Rory McIlroy - Dubai winner falters badly

Martin Kaymer- On Fire now
over
Ross Fisher-

Brandt Snedeker
over
David Duval- Used to be # 1 in ranked in the world ahead of Tiger Woods, now he plays golf with me in Denver and orders from the dollar menu. He can't compete at this level

Jim Furyk - Take The American
Over
Geoff Ogilvy

Foxes Jul 13th 2009 10:54 pm

Re: British Open Plays

Duval had a brilliant US open a few ago !! maybe it was the scran from that dollar menu ;)

BethPageBlack Jul 13th 2009 11:18 pm

Originally Posted by Foxes (Post 7749593)
Duval had a brilliant US open a few ago !! maybe it was the scran from that dollar menu ;)

I know he got a half million dollars last week, but for the last 6-7 years he's made about as much money as a baggage handler and was a few weeks away from being homeless..An epic riches to rags story... He's the best player in my nieghborhood, but this is the British Open and he's not gonna beat the kid Snedeker. Book it

admon Jul 14th 2009 5:45 am

Originally Posted by BethPageBlack (Post 7749628)
I know he got a half million dollars last week, but for the last 6-7 years he's made about as much money as a baggage handler and was a few weeks away from being homeless..An epic riches to rags story... He's the best player in my nieghborhood, but this is the British Open and he's not gonna beat the kid Snedeker. Book it

from the man that got the wrong sister in a two sister race..

Hang on a minute, wasn't it her dad that said she was going to win (err bullshit).

BethPageBlack Jul 15th 2009 5:00 am

Originally Posted by admon (Post 7750259)
(err bullshit).

Anyway i've been here at my computer desk scrunching the British Open numbers while watching baseball and here's what I know.

Tiger Woods is gonna win

Englands only chance is Ian Poulter, Paul Casey or possibly Lee Westood
Ireland has no shot, Padraig stinks
Scotland has nobody

The last time I was at the British Open they put Reeses Pieces on my turkey sandwich and I could'nt get ice in my coke. I asked for ice and I got 1 piece, so I asked for more and got another..I had to keep asking. It felt like a foreign country, why would you put candy on sandwhich?

MacScot Jul 15th 2009 6:09 am

Originally Posted by BethPageBlack (Post 7753554)
Anyway i've been here at my computer desk scrunching the British Open numbers while watching baseball and here's what I know.

Tiger Woods is gonna win

Scotland has nobody

The last time I was at the British Open they put Reeses Pieces on my turkey sandwich and I could'nt get ice in my coke. I asked for ice and I got 1 piece, so I asked for more and got another..I had to keep asking. It felt like a foreign country, why would you put candy on sandwhich?

Isn't David Drysdale playing or did he not make the cut?

BethPageBlack Jul 16th 2009 2:03 pm

Don't anyone tell me whats going on in The Open..I'm about 5 hours behind Live TV on my HD DVR.

admon Jul 16th 2009 2:14 pm

The general headline, is Tom Watson rolls back the years..

Blue Cat Jul 16th 2009 2:35 pm

Originally Posted by admon (Post 7758214)
The general headline, is Tom Watson rolls back the years..

hasn't won since 75 apparently

admon Jul 16th 2009 2:41 pm

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 7758279)
hasn't won since 75 apparently

and now he is about 75.

Good going, but he won't last. Probably end up 3 or 4 over by the end

BethPageBlack Jul 16th 2009 3:07 pm

Originally Posted by admon (Post 7758297)
and now he is about 75.

Good going, but he won't last. Probably end up 3 or 4 over by the end

Two years ago he was matched in the 4th round with Peter O'Meara who's around 55..So I loaded up on the younster O'Malley and enexplicably Watson beat him. It was a very dark day for me. I still hate Watson..He won't be anywhere near the leaders in the 4th round..

Jeeper Jul 16th 2009 4:05 pm

Originally Posted by BethPageBlack (Post 7753554)

Tiger Woods is gonna win

Scotland has nobody

"Crunched the numbers".
How can you see any numbers with your head that far up....

moto111 Jul 16th 2009 4:24 pm

ooh I like Ian Poulter, isn't he the handsome young blondie who wears the trendy golf clothes and has spikey hair, he's quite nice to watch:wub:

BethPageBlack Jul 16th 2009 7:09 pm

Originally Posted by moto111 (Post 7758536)
ooh I like Ian Poulter, isn't he the handsome young blondie who wears the trendy golf clothes and has spikey hair, he's quite nice to watch:wub:

My wife likes Camilo Villegas - Thats why I always heckle him when I get a chance at tournaments.

admon Jul 16th 2009 7:19 pm

Originally Posted by BethPageBlack (Post 7758965)
My wife likes Camilo Villegas - Thats why I always heckle him when I get a chance at tournaments.

very insecure.