Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

British Embassy "stormed" in Tehran... "serious consequences"....

Wikiposts

British Embassy "stormed" in Tehran... "serious consequences"....

Old Nov 29th 2011, 8:09 am
Powered by cows

Autonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond repute
Default British Embassy "stormed" in Tehran... "serious consequences"....

"William Hague has warned Iran it faces "serious consequences" over the attack on the British embassy in Tehran.

Hundreds of protesters surged onto two compounds this afternoon, putting the safety of staff at risk and causing "extensive damage" to property, the foreign secretary said."

And the Iranian's said:-

"The British government should know that, if they insist on their evil stances, the Iranian people will punch them in the mouth, exactly as happened against America's den of spies, before it was approved by officials," Kuchakzadeh said.

"We must lock the British embassy and ignore them until they come begging like the Americans," another MP, Mahmoud Ahmadi Bighash, said in quotes carried by the Borna news agency."

Oh FFS....

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011...ritish-embassy
Old Nov 29th 2011, 9:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Desert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really nice
Default Re: British Embassy "stormed" in Tehran... "serious consequences"....

To be honest with you Iran and it's leader scares the s**t out of me.

I dread think what kind of wrath (Nukes or whatever he has under his sleeve) he will unleash once the West takes military action. Lets also not forget he has full support of China & Russia.
Old Nov 29th 2011, 4:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

mentalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Desert Shaikh
To be honest with you Iran and it's leader scares the s**t out of me. I dread think what kind of wrath (Nukes or whatever he has under his sleeve) he will unleash once the West takes military action. Lets also not forget he has full support of China & Russia.
You seem to have overlooked the proximity of Israel, whose military forces could probably destroy Iran's with or without the help of the USA and other allies.
Old Nov 29th 2011, 6:40 pm

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mentalist
You seem to have overlooked the proximity of Israel, whose military forces could probably destroy Iran's with or without the help of the USA and other allies.
Indeed...and most of the Arab states who official deny Israel exists and want the Jews out are secretly quite happy to let Israeli planes fly over their territory and bomb the crap out of the Iranians.

Funny old world. Iran's leadership remind me of Nazi Germany in the 1930s - and the world's reaction to them is roughly the same

Anyway let's see what serious consequences a "paper tiger, cut-back-the-military-UK" will dish out...

N,
Old Nov 29th 2011, 8:49 pm
Forum Regular

khitan004 is just really nicekhitan004 is just really nicekhitan004 is just really nicekhitan004 is just really nicekhitan004 is just really nicekhitan004 is just really nicekhitan004 is just really nicekhitan004 is just really nice

Was in a office/school supply shop the other day and saw a map of Saudi with neighbouring countries. Syria, Egypt, Iran, Palestine. Made me chuckle that it had palestine and not israel.
Old Nov 29th 2011, 9:52 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Norm_uk
Iran's leadership remind me of Nazi Germany in the 1930s
Didn't realise you were that old mate?
Old Nov 30th 2011, 3:46 pm
You read these things?

auzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by khitan004
Was in a office/school supply shop the other day and saw a map of Saudi with neighbouring countries. Syria, Egypt, Iran, Palestine. Made me chuckle that it had palestine and not israel.
When we use maps of the Middle East in the magazines, we have to make it has Palestine and not Israel on it.
Old Dec 4th 2011, 9:01 pm

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
Didn't realise you were that old mate?
I'm not - you see there is something called history which one can study if one is so inclined.

I'll elaborate: for the last 100 years or so recording this thing called "history" has become far more reliable what with sound, visual and written recording technology flying in leaps and proverbial bounds.

You'd be amazed what you can find out about Germany in the 1930s leading up to the most destructive and utterly horrific war in history.

Feel free to PM me for more info on this "history" thing I mentioned.

N.
Old Dec 4th 2011, 9:02 pm

Originally Posted by auzdafluff
When we use maps of the Middle East in the magazines, we have to make it has Palestine and not Israel on it.
But it's just a land issue and they have nothing against the Jewish state right?

How many British map makers changed the name of Germany during world war 2? None...usually it's the ones who want states removed and people wiped out who do things like change maps.

N.
Old Dec 4th 2011, 9:15 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

I'm not - you see there is something called history which one can study if one is so inclined.

I'll elaborate: for the last 100 years or so recording this thing called "history" has become far more reliable what with sound, visual and written recording technology flying in leaps and proverbial bounds.

You'd be amazed what you can find out about Germany in the 1930s leading up to the most destructive and utterly horrific war in history.

Feel free to PM me for more info on this "history" thing I mentioned.

N.
N.

It was a joke.

S.
Old Dec 5th 2011, 3:15 am
You read these things?

auzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond repute

But it's just a land issue and they have nothing against the Jewish state right?

How many British map makers changed the name of Germany during world war 2? None...usually it's the ones who want states removed and people wiped out who do things like change maps.

N.
True. I don't agree with it. I think it's because the UAE doesn't recognise Israel as a state. Not 100 per cent on that though.
Old Dec 5th 2011, 6:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Paracletus will become famous soon enoughParacletus will become famous soon enough

Indeed...and most of the Arab states who official deny Israel exists and want the Jews out are secretly quite happy to let Israeli planes fly over their territory and bomb the crap out of the Iranians.

Funny old world. Iran's leadership remind me of Nazi Germany in the 1930s - and the world's reaction to them is roughly the same

Anyway let's see what serious consequences a "paper tiger, cut-back-the-military-UK" will dish out...

N,
A bit more than flying over their territory was what was being reported last year..:
http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7...909732,00.html

And with the Saudi's mega purchase of American arms..largest arms deal in American history just the same year. If they do intend to bomb Iran, they better bomb it hard and fast, because the consequences of a prolonged battle will be quite disastrous.
Old Dec 5th 2011, 3:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

How many British map makers changed the name of Germany during world war 2?.

N.
Not during but just after
Occupied Berlin - Occupied Palestine

Last edited by flares; Dec 5th 2011 at 3:36 pm.
Old Dec 5th 2011, 3:28 pm
You read these things?

Originally Posted by Paracletus
A bit more than flying over their territory was what was being reported last year..:
http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7...909732,00.html

And with the Saudi's mega purchase of American arms..largest arms deal in American history just the same year. If they do intend to bomb Iran, they better bomb it hard and fast, because the consequences of a prolonged battle will be quite disastrous.
Yeah. I was joking about this the other day with a couple of the guys on the other business magazines. I'd like to know what the banks will do if a war with Iran did start.

Think about how many British expats out here have one line of credit they are using at one time or another (credit card/personal loan/vehicle loan/mortgage etc). Now if we're all evacuated via Fujairah as the UK Gov's emergency plans suggest, I think the banks are going to be hard pressed to file police cases; or try and stop people from leaving.

I imagine they'll cry to the Government and get told to STFU.
Old Dec 5th 2011, 3:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

I was chatting to members of the Tehran UK Embassy rugby team who were staying in same hotel as me for the Dubai 7s. Didn't really know what to say so stuck to their progress in the comp.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.