Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

British Dads Dubai FB group

British Dads Dubai FB group

Old Feb 18th 2019, 2:45 pm
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute
Default British Dads Dubai FB group

Anyone here on it?

The splurge sounds like a bad copy of Fight Club, and the posts range from ‘I won’t screw you, I’m a Brit!!’ To selling kumbayah workshops, so you can get in touch with your inner ‘man’...
Old Feb 18th 2019, 3:03 pm
"Insert witty title here"

Irishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: British Dads Dubai FB group

Originally Posted by TGFKASE
so you can get in touch with your inner ‘man’...
I usually have to pay a 'friend' from Vietnam / Thailand / Philippines for that kind of thing
Old Feb 18th 2019, 4:59 pm
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Irishbeekeeper
I usually have to pay a 'friend' from Vietnam / Thailand / Philippines for that kind of thing
Problem is, it’s an all male group...

A Soi Cowboy speciality...
Old Feb 19th 2019, 4:45 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

I dread to think of some of the morons on there. It must be hilarious?

I'm always amazed at these things. There must be normal people somewhere.
Old Feb 19th 2019, 8:37 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
I dread to think of some of the morons on there. It must be hilarious?

I'm always amazed at these things. There must be normal people somewhere.
It could be a parody page mate , there's some amazing stuff on there . Pure comedy
Old Feb 19th 2019, 8:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

i lkooked for this but could not find it Need a good laugh
Old Feb 20th 2019, 5:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Can't stand new age dad's telling me about milk pumping and sleep patterns. Baby's don't need two mums.

I'm 6 weeks to the next life changing event, had to laugh when the maid said to ma'm the other day "look ma'am, sir has bought you these nice clothes for your baby" I'm in for cash and cuddles only - just as it needs to be.

Old Feb 20th 2019, 6:17 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Millhouse
Can't stand new age dad's telling me about milk pumping and sleep patterns. Baby's don't need two mums.

I'm 6 weeks to the next life changing event, had to laugh when the maid said to ma'm the other day "look ma'am, sir has bought you these nice clothes for your baby" I'm in for cash and cuddles only - just as it needs to be.
Close friend is up the duff at the moment and what I've noticed is that any large life event, whether marriage (which we're working through the plans etc now) or babies (which this friend is now on the way to) or anything similar involves a whole lot of people telling you whats what.

I laughed at someone the other day who was trying to wind me up about how much weddings cost and that we should do this or shouldn't do that. Laughing is my only polite(ish) response now. This friend was told she should not find out the sex of the baby and that if she does (which she said she wants to) she should just tell everyone (which she said she probably won't be in a rush to do and might not do at all). She was literally told to do the direct opposite of what she just said she wants to do.

MIND BLOWING.
Old Feb 20th 2019, 7:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Close friend is up the duff at the moment and what I've noticed is that any large life event, whether marriage (which we're working through the plans etc now) or babies (which this friend is now on the way to) or anything similar involves a whole lot of people telling you whats what.

I laughed at someone the other day who was trying to wind me up about how much weddings cost and that we should do this or shouldn't do that. Laughing is my only polite(ish) response now. This friend was told she should not find out the sex of the baby and that if she does (which she said she wants to) she should just tell everyone (which she said she probably won't be in a rush to do and might not do at all). She was literally told to do the direct opposite of what she just said she wants to do.

MIND BLOWING.
The only advice I ever give when it comes to babies is to ignore all advice. I'm usually ignored and I watch them suffer as they listen to advice.

I found out the baby's sex by week 10 via a blood test on mum - I wanted to know. As the midwife told me ... if anyone judges you, you can tell them to **** off.

Old Feb 20th 2019, 7:03 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Millhouse
The only advice I ever give when it comes to babies is to ignore all advice. I'm usually ignored and I watch them suffer as they listen to advice.

I found out the baby's sex by week 10 via a blood test on mum - I wanted to know. As the midwife told me ... if anyone judges you, you can tell them to **** off.
I ignored someone in the pub when they asked something noddy about the wedding, colour or scheme or something. I just stared at them.

Silence makes people feel very, very uncomfortable.
Old Feb 20th 2019, 8:04 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

I ignored someone in the pub when they asked something noddy about the wedding, colour or scheme or something. I just stared at them.

You're getting married.... really? You haven't mentioned it!
Old Feb 20th 2019, 8:09 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

So, what colour are the bridesmaids' dresses?

Last edited by spouse of scouse; Feb 20th 2019 at 8:13 am.
Old Feb 20th 2019, 8:33 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

Will you be having sugared almonds and pointy shoes or new age barefoot bridesmaids and communal sharing platters on sanded down faux driftwood ?
Old Feb 20th 2019, 8:58 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
So, what colour are the bridesmaids' dresses?
Dunno. It changes everytime she goes on ****ing pinterest. I only swear about that because pinterest drives me up the wall with it's stupidity.

Originally Posted by co durham boy
Will you be having sugared almonds and pointy shoes or new age barefoot bridesmaids and communal sharing platters on sanded down faux driftwood ?
No sugared almonds but instead ever hors d'oeuvres is avocado based, pointy shoes required for men AND women, bridesmaids to be brought in on puppet strings with #MeToo across their foreheads and everything will be served on wooden chopping boards.
Old Feb 20th 2019, 9:04 am
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute

What's the minimum value for the wedding gifts or you slap them back in the face for being too cheap?

Or is it cash gifts only?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.