Is Britain really united?

Is Britain really united?

Old Jun 22nd 2010, 7:09 am
Account Closed

Ethos83 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Is Britain really united?

Originally Posted by TGFKASE
I'm with Commander (funnily enough..).

If you are after a bite, its a good lure you have put out..

If that is what you honestly think, then you are the stereotypical English fckwit that we hate....
Lived in Scotland for a bit. Twoish years. So I must be the stereotypical English fckwit that you all hate.

Whatever you want to think it's undeniable that the Scots are obsessed with the English far more than the English are obsessed withthe Scots.
Old Jun 22nd 2010, 7:22 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ethos83
Lived in Scotland for a bit. Twoish years. So I must be the stereotypical English fckwit that you all hate.

Whatever you want to think it's undeniable that the Scots are obsessed with the English far more than the English are obsessed withthe Scots.
I think you will find that that is slowly changing....

I am, unapologetically, a Nationalist. What has happened, over the last 30 odd years, is an English realisation that they have Scots voting on English affairs (aka the West Lothian question).

As that realisation has started to finally dawn on the English populace, there is now a far stronger nationalist feeling among English folks.

The Northern Irish and the Scots have had this same nationalist feeling for far, far longer.... And have been annoyed at the fact that decisions have been made miles away from them, usually by a government that the country did not vote for.

So get off your high horse, Ethos. I am NOT obsessed with you, as an Englishman. What I AM aggrieved at is the complete lack of interest of a Westminster-based government in the good of my country...
Old Jun 22nd 2010, 7:36 am
Account Closed

Ethos83 is an unknown quantity at this point

Dude, say whatever you want. The Scots are more obsessed with the English than vice versa. Most Scots go about their everyday life without worrying about what the English think, but the Scottish political class and drunkards in pubs take more interest in how awful the English are whereas south of the border people rarely, if ever, think about Scotland outside the few times the West Lothian question pops up in the media.

I am, unapologetically, a Nationalist. What has happened, over the last 30 odd years, is an English realisation that they have Scots voting on English affairs (aka the West Lothian question).

As that realisation has started to finally dawn on the English populace, there is now a far stronger nationalist feeling among English folks.

The Northern Irish and the Scots have had this same nationalist feeling for far, far longer.... And have been annoyed at the fact that decisions have been made miles away from them, usually by a government that the country did not vote for.

So get off your high horse, Ethos. I am NOT obsessed with you, as an Englishman. What I AM aggrieved at is the complete lack of interest of a Westminster-based government in the good of my country...
Old Jun 22nd 2010, 7:37 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ethos83
Dude, say whatever you want. The Scots are more obsessed with the English than vice versa. Most Scots go about their everyday life without worrying about what the English think, but the Scottish political class and drunkards in pubs take more interest in how awful the English are whereas south of the border people rarely, if ever, think about Scotland outside the few times the West Lothian question pops up in the media.
And your 2ish years in Scotland has now made you an expert on the Scottish psyche, has it....???

As I said before, fckwit.....
Old Jun 22nd 2010, 7:47 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
You're joking, right, Meow? Before coming out here a year-and-a-half ago I worked in UK for 10 years for various big companies--the standard of literacy displayed there was appalling, with not only a total uncomprehension of the rules of grammar but also widespread use of unidiomatic phrases.
I am an optimist.

Surely an adult with English as their first language can do better than that? If not and a large percentage of the population both as stupid and uneducated as the likes of Jade Goody then the UK is surely going to hell in a handcart.
Old Jun 22nd 2010, 7:47 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

So we are agreed that we should rebuild that wall then?

-

Last edited by Meow; Jun 22nd 2010 at 7:52 am.
Old Jun 22nd 2010, 7:52 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

Originally Posted by Meow
So we are agreed that we should rebuild that wall then?

-
I've corrected that for you....

And, as to the wall....

Hell yeah..!!!!
Old Jun 22nd 2010, 7:55 am
Bored liberal

I've corrected that for you....

And, as to the wall....

Hell yeah..!!!!
Sorry, too busy laughing at you becoming apoplectic!

I trust you'll be returning to your homeland as soon as it is built?

-
Old Jun 22nd 2010, 8:01 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

Sorry, too busy laughing at you becoming apoplectic!

I trust you'll be returning to your homeland as soon as it is built?

-
If you think that was me being apopletic, you should see me when I get REALLY fired up...lol
Old Jun 22nd 2010, 9:29 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

I am an optimist.

Surely an adult with English as their first language can do better than that? If not and a large percentage of the population both as stupid and uneducated as the likes of Jade Goody then the UK is surely going to hell in a handcart.
Already half-way there. (And is that the UK, the British Isles or Great Britain?)
Old Jun 22nd 2010, 9:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

I am an optimist.

I jst h8 txt speak... esp when u see it in emails - which my Swedish boss seems to?
Old Jun 22nd 2010, 9:56 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EmiratesMillhouse
I jst h8 txt speak... esp when u see it in emails - which my Swedish boss seems to?
Probably as much as I have question marks at the end of sentences which aren't questions?
Old Jun 22nd 2010, 9:58 am
Bored liberal

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
Probably as much as I have question marks at the end of sentences which aren't questions?
AQI. Grrrrr
Old Jun 22nd 2010, 10:06 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

AQI. Grrrrr
AQI???

Acronym - Definition
AQI - Air Quality Index
AQI - Al-Qaeda in Iraq
AQI - Agricultural Quarantine Inspection
AQI - Australian Questioning Intonation (aka upspeak or high rising terminal)
AQI - Al-Qaeda Intelligence
AQi - Intelligent Acoustic Quantification
AQI - Australian Quality Ingredient
Old Jun 22nd 2010, 10:11 am
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Aardvark Quicksand Incidents.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.