Brit Humour

Old Dec 16th 2012, 10:26 am
Forum Regular

Ash786 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Brit Humour

I was a bit too young to remember LTN, but MYL I can remember my dad howling with laughter at that, and my love of British comedy was born at the tender age of six
Old Dec 16th 2012, 10:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Theseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond repute

Shelley was ace and my dad is the spitting image of Hywel Bennett which always made me laugh.

Also the original TV Hitchhikers.
Old Dec 16th 2012, 10:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Ditzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud of

Chewin' The Fat was good but I think you may have to be Scottish to appreciate it. And it may be another one which is not quite so funny now a few years have gone by!
Old Dec 16th 2012, 11:04 am
Forum Regular

Ash786 is an unknown quantity at this point

Monty Python - can't believe that was left off this list although it was a bit hit and miss. I never thought the 'Parrot' sketch was that funny, always preferred the 'Argument' sketch - how much more bonkers can you get than by turning up at an office, paying someone just so you can have an argument with them.

The Royle Family - another gem
Old Dec 16th 2012, 11:08 am
hnd
BE Forum Addict

hnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond repute

Have I Got News For You
QI
Old Dec 16th 2012, 12:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hnd
Have I Got News For You
QI
No - this thread is about sitcoms, I think.........

Nobody mentioned some Ronnie Barker classics like Porridge and the underrated Open All Hours - the series that launched David Jason as a proper comedy great (after messing around in Do Not Adjust Your Set on kids TV back in the early-70s).

And can I just offer a well-aimed kick up the bum for the person (no names, to protect her reputation) who likened Reeves & Mortimer to Morecambe & Wise............
Old Dec 16th 2012, 2:27 pm
Forum Regular

BinCat has a reputation beyond reputeBinCat has a reputation beyond reputeBinCat has a reputation beyond reputeBinCat has a reputation beyond reputeBinCat has a reputation beyond reputeBinCat has a reputation beyond reputeBinCat has a reputation beyond reputeBinCat has a reputation beyond reputeBinCat has a reputation beyond reputeBinCat has a reputation beyond reputeBinCat has a reputation beyond repute

Some Mothers Do Have 'em
Dads Army
(fav is Rising Damp and early Blackadder, but these two still make me cringe)
Old Dec 16th 2012, 4:01 pm
Forum Regular

Equestra has much to be proud ofEquestra has much to be proud ofEquestra has much to be proud ofEquestra has much to be proud ofEquestra has much to be proud ofEquestra has much to be proud ofEquestra has much to be proud ofEquestra has much to be proud ofEquestra has much to be proud ofEquestra has much to be proud ofEquestra has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by The Dean
No - this thread is about sitcoms, I think.........

Nobody mentioned some Ronnie Barker classics like Porridge and the underrated Open All Hours - the series that launched David Jason as a proper comedy great (after messing around in Do Not Adjust Your Set on kids TV back in the early-70s).

And can I just offer a well-aimed kick up the bum for the person (no names, to protect her reputation) who likened Reeves & Mortimer to Morecambe & Wise............
You beat me to it with Ronnie Barker A true brit humour comic genius with 'Fork Handles' and 'Rindecilla' and 'The Royal Society for Piss Minunciation' .....spoonerisms will forever make me cry with laughter courtesy of Mr Barker!

Blackadder is up there in my top 10, and The Inbetweeners is my most recent funniest Brit humour.
Old Dec 16th 2012, 4:59 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Equestra
You beat me to it with Ronnie Barker A true brit humour comic genius with 'Fork Handles' and 'Rindecilla' and 'The Royal Society for Piss Minunciation' .....spoonerisms will forever make me cry with laughter courtesy of Mr Barker!
plus the F U N E X sketch
Old Dec 16th 2012, 6:35 pm
hnd
BE Forum Addict

hnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond repute

Apologies to The Dean .... Thought the thread was about Brit Humour and not just about sitcoms. Morecombe & Wise, Reeves & Mortimer not a sit com either.
Neither was Spitting Image - all previously mentioned so ...

I am going to add Not The Nine O'Clock News
Old Dec 17th 2012, 5:44 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BinCat
Some Mothers Do Have 'em
Dads Army
(fav is Rising Damp and early Blackadder, but these two still make me cringe)
Oooh, I forgot Dad's Army. I have always loved that. I watched all the The Good Life and that's lovely still. Great characterisations.

Some Mothers however - awful. Awful then, worse now.
Old Dec 17th 2012, 5:49 am
BE Forum Addict

mentalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs
plus the F U N E X sketch
Have you any eggs...for the uninitiated. I-V-F-M-N-X
Old Dec 17th 2012, 6:06 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Max and Paddy's road to nowhere
Old Dec 17th 2012, 9:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

I always liked Butterflies.
Old Dec 17th 2012, 10:13 am
Just Joined

Jochram is an unknown quantity at this point

'ello 'ello and Only Fools and Horses are 2 of my favourites

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.