Brit Humour

Old Dec 16th 2012, 9:00 am
Forum Regular

Ash786 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Brit Humour

Can't think how I forgot "The League of Gentlemen" and "Psychoville" - complete mentalism when it came comedy
Old Dec 16th 2012, 9:02 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Goodness Gracious Me was pretty funny.
Old Dec 16th 2012, 9:04 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ash786
Can't think how I forgot "The League of Gentlemen" and "Psychoville" - complete mentalism when it came comedy
Old Dec 16th 2012, 9:20 am
BE Forum Addict

Jim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by mikelincs
Loved the radio shows,
Round the Horne
Navy Lark.

All M&W shows are just so funny as well.
Agreed. Also Beyond our Ken? which was before Round the Horn.
Old Dec 16th 2012, 9:23 am
BE Forum Addict

mentalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond repute

That Miranda woman and Beautiful People currently tickle me. From the old days, The Young Ones and Bottom were always good for a laugh. I even enjoy Ade Edmondson's dreary trip around Britain. He is simply funny without trying to be.
Old Dec 16th 2012, 9:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Beakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to behold

Spitting Image - creator said it wouldn't be suitable to resurrect today unfortunately.
Young Ones - used this for a large presentation on student identity once, joy!
The New Statesman - absolutely psychopathic.
Bottom - same as above, less politics though.
My Family - lost the best actor and it struggled to keep it up after that, although Zoe Wanamaker (stirring in loins, last I saw when down in London was she was playing some hot role in a spanish ghetto type musical?)
Old Dec 16th 2012, 9:38 am
Forum Regular

Quite liked 'Extras' as well. Not because of Gervais (the guy seems to be a bit too up himself) but the celebs in each episode. Notable ones for me were the episodes with Les Dennis and Kate Winslet

Spitting Image - would love to see it back. seemed they missed a open goal when Bush and Blair ruled the world

God, this topic has got me thinking. I was always a big fan of the Two Ronnies as well, preferred them to M&W any day
Old Dec 16th 2012, 9:43 am
Powered by cows

Autonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond repute

Have you noticed - some of all the above in this thread stand the test of time and some really don't.

I loved The Young Ones originally and years later got the box set on DVD - I hated it....
Old Dec 16th 2012, 9:54 am
Forum Regular

Unhappy Re: Brit Humour

The IT Crowd - especially when Chris Morris was in it (far too short for my liking)

Have to agree with Autonamy, I watched the DVD of 'the Smell of Reeves and Mortimer' and 'Bang, Bang..' a while ago. Loved it when I was a daft yoof, not so much now.

On a slightly different tangent - worst comedy for me would have to be 'The Thin Blue Line' - about as funny as getting an arrow through the neck and then finding there's a gas bill attached to it. Hard to believe the same people came up wth it
Old Dec 16th 2012, 9:57 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Fawlty Towers has to be high amongst the best TV programmes, amazing to think that they only ever made 12 episodes..
Old Dec 16th 2012, 10:00 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Autonomy
Have you noticed - some of all the above in this thread stand the test of time and some really don't.

I loved The Young Ones originally and years later got the box set on DVD - I hated it....
Bottom wasn't funny the second time I watched it, and the new red dwarf is shite
Old Dec 16th 2012, 10:01 am
Forum Regular

Thats why FT was so good...they didn't out stay their welcome. Apparently it took John Cleese and Connie Booth about six weeks to write one episode
Old Dec 16th 2012, 10:06 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Thats why FT was so good...they didn't out stay their welcome. Apparently it took John Cleese and Connie Booth about six weeks to write one episode
well they were married to each other at the time of writing the first series, but had divorced by the time the second series was filmed.
Old Dec 16th 2012, 10:16 am
Forum Regular

I will same something now which, as a member of an ethnic minority, would be deemed very un-PC and bordering on treachery.

I was actually quite partial to 'In Sickness and in Health', 'Rising Damp' and 'Mind your Langauge'
Old Dec 16th 2012, 10:18 am
Concierge

I will same something now which, as a member of an ethnic minority, would be deemed very un-PC and bordering on treachery.

I was actually quite partial to 'In Sickness and in Health', 'Rising Damp' and 'Mind your Langauge'
and 'Love they Neighbour'.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.