British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Brilliant Breakfasts! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/brilliant-breakfasts-809092/)

OleJanx Sep 13th 2013 5:28 pm

Re: Brilliant Breakfasts!

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy (Post 10899572)
Starbucks in Casablanca this morning. Was ok.

Is Miss Piggy available in Casablanca?

Bahtatboy Sep 13th 2013 5:36 pm

Originally Posted by OleJanx (Post 10899610)
Is Miss Piggy available in Casablanca?

No. Really don't miss it, although I do like a nice pork pie back home.

weasel decentral Sep 13th 2013 5:40 pm

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy (Post 10899627)
No. Really don't miss it, although I do like a nice pork pie back home.

It sure is, get yourself down to the Sheraton for breakfast tomorrow and you can have some nice strips of rashers for breakfast.

Bahtatboy Sep 13th 2013 5:53 pm

Originally Posted by weasel decentral (Post 10899634)
It sure is, get yourself down to the Sheraton for breakfast tomorrow and you can have some nice strips of rashers for breakfast.

Ah, ok then. Actually, haven't had a night out in Casablanca yet--its only an hour-and-a-half up the road, so really ought to. Where can you recommend for some fun? I'm resigned to the inevitability of everywhere being douche-bag central...

weasel decentral Sep 13th 2013 6:09 pm

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy (Post 10899652)
Ah, ok then. Actually, haven't had a night out in Casablanca yet--its only an hour-and-a-half up the road, so really ought to. Where can you recommend for some fun? I'm resigned to the inevitability of everywhere being douche-bag central...

I can recommend a place called l'annexe in Racine, which I liked. Also a place called L'etoile. The irish bar in the east west hotel near the american embassy.
And after that if you want douche bag central any of the bars near the corniche or the sheraton night club.
Almost forgot villa blanca is a good spot on the way to the corniche.

Bahtatboy Sep 13th 2013 6:23 pm

Originally Posted by weasel decentral (Post 10899678)
I can recommend a place called l'annexe in Racine, which I liked. Also a place called L'etoile. The irish bar in the east west hotel near the american embassy.
And after that if you want douche bag central any of the bars near the corniche or the sheraton night club.

Ta, will report back :thumbup:

Spugsy Sep 14th 2013 7:59 am

Originally Posted by silversilver (Post 10899065)
Ended up at Cafe Rich in Moe for their English. Verdict? It was ok ....made up for by a trip to Times Square and a purchase from the tablet woman at Arte! Next time I will definitely try Fibbers!

Scottish tablet you mean? I got some lemon meringue tablet from her - she's making me some jack daniels tablet in a few weeks for me.

Blue Cat Sep 14th 2013 2:08 pm

Originally Posted by silversilver (Post 10899065)
Ended up at Cafe Rich in Moe for their English. Verdict? It was ok ....made up for by a trip to Times Square and a purchase from the tablet woman at Arte! Next time I will definitely try Fibbers!

that might have been me, I was helping Toffee Princess out yesterday :)

Blue Cat Sep 14th 2013 2:09 pm

Originally Posted by silversilver (Post 10898314)
After a week of depressing Weetabix or Dairylea and toast starts to the day I want to go for breakfast tomorrow morning - had a look at Time Out's best brekkies but really didn't fancy Ikea or the Lime Tree Cafe - has anybody any suggestions?

Emirates Golf Club

OleJanx Sep 14th 2013 2:38 pm

Barracuda. You know it doesn't make sense, but what the hell!

silversilver Sep 15th 2013 4:58 pm

Scottish tablet you mean? I got some lemon meringue tablet from her - she's making me some jack daniels tablet in a few weeks for me.

What other sort of tablet is there if not Scottish? :-) I went for the camel milk - and it was goooood!

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 10900719)
that might have been me, I was helping Toffee Princess out yesterday :)

Well Blue Cat unless you have changed your Geordie roots for that of a fellow Scot and by the sounds of it Aberdonian - I think I may have been served by the toffee princess herself :-)

Bahtatboy Sep 15th 2013 5:42 pm

D'you know any bars which show EPL. Really want to watch the Manchester derby next weekend. I've asked locally (am 100 clicks from Casa) and most locals can't find their arses with both hands, a map and written directions. :banghead:

weasel decentral Sep 16th 2013 4:51 am

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy (Post 10902051)
D'you know any bars which show EPL. Really want to watch the Manchester derby next weekend. I've asked locally (am 100 clicks from Casa) and most locals can't find their arses with both hands, a map and written directions. :banghead:

Not entirely sure about EPL as they are mostly interested in the Spanish league, however your best bet will be the Irish Bar (east west hotel) or L'annexe (boulevard Gandhi). They both show football but I can't remember if I ever watched the EPL there, certainly saw a few classicos there.
Grab your nearest francophone and ask them to call either of those to check it out before you drive.
Actually you can also try the first floor bar in the Sheraton and the Golden Tulip hotel bar (which is close by).

scrubbedexpat141 Sep 16th 2013 12:51 pm

The irish bar ...... douche bag central .

These normally go hand in hand?

weasel decentral Sep 16th 2013 1:17 pm

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 10903030)
These normally go hand in hand?

They certainly do, I have yet to be in a so called Irish Bar anywhere foreign that replicates even an average bar at home.

Bit like finding a red lion in santa ponza guaranteed to be chockers with c-units