Brexshit

Old Apr 2nd 2019, 3:27 am
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Brexshit

Originally Posted by TheShed
In this regard, I would rather have highly educated and intelligent people from all over the world than the idiotic dumbed down to nothing freaks from Europe who only know how to follow their health and safety rules.
This bit is pretty ironic, in my experience in Europe and the UK (especially in construction and manufacturing) the UK is far more stringent on health and safety than Europe.
Old Apr 2nd 2019, 4:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

To be very honest, I think that your reply above is extremely condescending to those of us who did vote leave and you are virtually calling us all stupid.

Do you really think we have so little intelligence that we believe the crap spouted by the BBC and Sky News? I certainly did not. I couldn't give a monkeys crap about the borders, the 350m or any of the other headline rubbish; I'm not even against immigration as the UK sorely needs more workers for tax generation. In this regard, I would rather have highly educated and intelligent people from all over the world than the idiotic dumbed down to nothing freaks from Europe who only know how to follow their health and safety rules.

I did my own due diligence in regards to Lisbon 2, the trade flows between UK and EU vs UK and RoW and just how much the EU influences my home country and how ineffective our own parliament has become. I made a decision and expected our ELECTED government to uphold that decision.

I did all of that whilst holding down a highly responsible job running a global business, so please don't assume that all leavers are stupid!! I actually think that if we get to a post-Brexit (highly unlikely to happen now) we should revoke passports from anyone involved in turning over the decision and taking away our democratic system.

Seriously, some people just can't lose can they.
Would love to see your DD on trade flows as there is little online that supports a case for brexit and those with the real numbers seem to come to a different conclusion. Also interesting is how an expat of 20 years knows so much about the workings and failings of the economy/ political system. Brexit is an emotional decision and not one that is easily argued by either side with facts or logic.

I'm not sure the EU caused the socioeconomic imbalances in the UK and even if it did, I'm not sure leaving is the answer either.

What is interesting is that given demographics and technology trends which are impossible to avoid, Europe will be largely irrelevant in 20 years. Brexit may - just may - give us a chance to survive by flooding the place with immigrants under a skills based system but America always wins in that game.

Last edited by Millhouse; Apr 2nd 2019 at 4:36 am.
Old Apr 2nd 2019, 8:27 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Back on Brexit as it currently stands, the EU have said that an extension could come again but would need strong reason.

If you're the EU, is it time to just say "no....**** off on the 12th April and deal with it, we aren't here to keep hanging on to agree to something temporary. We've had time to agree something, we have, you can't get it through parliament, that's your problem, not the EU's."

The UK should spend this time and effort on working towards a long term plan, not to survive the next two years.

I'm starting to convince myself that No Deal won't just be the most entertaining option (which we all know it would be and the sadist in all of us wants to see the chaos) but the longer this rumbles on, the only option.
Old Apr 2nd 2019, 9:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

Wait until we have those blue passports and Queen Victoria is back on the throne. Probably with martial law and Rees-Mogg as Supreme Leader.
Old Apr 2nd 2019, 11:20 am
hnd
BE Forum Addict

hnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond repute

A friend has just told me that, for the first time ever, it’s more than probable that the end of May will come before the end of April!
Old Apr 2nd 2019, 11:25 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by hnd
A friend has just told me that, for the first time ever, it’s more than probable that the end of May will come before the end of April!
Chortle.
Old Apr 2nd 2019, 1:25 pm
Wannabe Cycling God

TheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
I don't think you were being called stupid personally and I think the original point stands that a lot of the stuff touted was highly misleading and will have misled some / many / a few voters. Those people may stick to their guns, some would swap now. Some remain voters might now vote leave if asked again. For example, I think I'd stay remain if asked again because I still can't see the positives in my working lifetime of leaving the EU.

Anyway, the bits in red detract from your post, which had some good points. In my opinion.
Scamp, you’re someone who reads posts carefully and I appreciate your comments and the fact that you often try to have have some empathy with the poster.

There is a perception among the remain community that, in general, we Brexiteers are uninformed thugs who are just anti immigration. That was my rather vague reference to stupid.

I did mis write the second point (due to boiling anger with the hopeless parliament) and should have better written about my hatred for the OTT rules and regulations from the EU which I believe restrict ours and the rest of Europes competitiveness. Yes, Scot47, we have made workplaces much safer but there are some who take it too far and use it as an excuse to add hours/days/months to a project. There is rarely reward without some measure of risk.

Millhouse, I used public information taken from our balance of payments of EU vs RoW from various sources. Yes, I probably look through Rose poorer glasses in the same way that some remainders only focus on the EU positives. I truly believe that UKs innovation and services have far greater value to developing nations than to the way more developed and heterogenous, one size fits all, EU marketplace.

I am also totally scared of part two of the Lisbon accord.

I’ll get my coat.

Apologies to anyone one I may have offended but we leavers do also feel very strongly on this side of the fence but are rarely heard due to the fact that Losers tend to shout louder than winners !

i’ll get Another coat.

MissAT. I don’t need to prove anything, we won.

Taxi for one please.
Old Apr 2nd 2019, 11:44 pm
...we killed the flame

Miss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond repute

Again, Shed, despite your claim to research and knowledge, you have offered no facts, no analysis, no specifics, just more empty "britannia rules the waves" nonsense.

Apropos one remark you made: you do realise that there is no restriction on the UK doing global deals on services as a member of the EU, whose trade rules only apply to goods? And as for innovation, the market-opening trade deals done by the EU seem only to have facilitated the innovation-led global export success of other member states. How is UK innovation going to be stimulated by the loss or constriction of these trade channels which is the inevitable consequence of Brexit? The UK government has just demonstrated its negotation competence on one huge issue of critical national importance. I do not have any confidence they can successfully manage dozens of simultaneous trade negotiations from a severely weakened position...

I understand that people may want Brexit from a philosophical point of view but there is no rational economic argument at all that supports it. Its like religion or any other ideology: it only makes sense to true believers who dont require evidence because they've already made up their minds. That's why I am now, with a heavy heart, hoping for a no-deal crash-out as this will quickly demonstrate the economic illiteracy (to quote the FT) of the ERG and their ilk and bring public opinion sharply around to demanding a sensible accommodation with the EU.
Old Apr 3rd 2019, 5:15 am
Account Closed

(due to boiling anger with the hopeless parliament)
I agree with this bit wholeheartedly. I don't level all the blame at May and the Cons, it's the whole lot. It's completely shameful what's happening.
Old Apr 3rd 2019, 7:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Miss Ann Thrope
I understand that people may want Brexit from a philosophical point of view but there is no rational economic argument at all that supports it.
Exactly this. You can't use reason to counter argue an emotional decision.

Trade is also only half of the issue. FoM, Libson 2, etc are what people are fearful of.
Old Apr 3rd 2019, 2:50 pm
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute

And now Brexiteer Tories, who are vehemently against a second referendum, are seeking a new vote on Theresa May's leadership - despite the fact she won a confidence vote last year and cannot be challenged for 12 months - because "things have changed now."

I wonder if any of them can spell "irony"
Old Apr 4th 2019, 4:43 am
BE Forum Addict

csdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond repute

Well May herself, who is profoundly against a second referendum because "the people have spoken" seems to think it's fine to repeatedly go back to parliament for a vote on her proposal, until she gets the answer she wants. So it's irony all around.
Old Apr 4th 2019, 6:16 am
Onwards and Upwards!

Johnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by csdf
Well May herself, who is profoundly against a second referendum because "the people have spoken" seems to think it's fine to repeatedly go back to parliament for a vote on her proposal, until she gets the answer she wants. So it's irony all around.
You can't believe a word that comes out of May's mouth, she is a pathological liar. You need to listen to Olly Robins to find out what the real strategy is:

No Deal is off the table (delivered)
A long extension to A50 (imminent)
The Backstop bear-trap for Phase 2 negotiation (imminent).

We need a Public Inquiry to expose the shadowy, anti-democratic figures behing these bizarre events.
Old Apr 4th 2019, 6:44 am
Account Closed

A long delay is literally the last thing the UK needed.

Whilst I voted against it and would prefer the UK to stay in the EU, enough is enough. Let's just ****ing get on with it.
Old Apr 4th 2019, 6:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Scamp
A long delay is literally the last thing the UK needed.
Remember, we are thinking that it's all the UK's decision. It's not. The EU may deliver the mercy killing we need - like taking your least favourite dog to the vet to be put down.

The only thing that's basically in our control is revoking Art.50

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.