Brexit outcome

Old Oct 3rd 2019, 8:06 am
Banned

007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Brexit outcome

Originally Posted by nonthaburi
So what happens ? By law Bojo has to ask for an extension if there's no deal. Bojo says he won't do that .
... The Taxpayer just picks up some more Bills..... After all, that's what 52% agreed to do

Originally Posted by Scamp
Implosion.
I'm in the UK in the run up to D-Day and can't wait.
.... Non-specific enjoyment of chaos?...........
Old Oct 3rd 2019, 8:14 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by 007Steve

.... Non-specific enjoyment of chaos?...........
Yeah, anyone who says they don't secretly enjoy chaos and want to see what happens is a liar.
Old Oct 3rd 2019, 1:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute

This is my prediction.

BoJo refuses to ask for an extension and while the courts are involved, once again, it finally forces Parliament to VONC him. They cobble together an ostensibly temporary GNU but not for a GE but for a second referendum in the hopes of killing Brexit forever. The second referendum question is solely between May's deal or Remain. Farage and the Tories both spend the referendum campaigning against it as an illegal referendum that doesn't respect the mandate of the first one and call for people to spoil their ballots. The final outcome of the referendum is a Remain lead but only as a plurality, as May's deal + spoiled ballots combined have the majority. Both sides claim victory. Remain go to the courts to get a court order to revoke Article 50, meanwhile the GNU finally collapses and we head for a GE, with the Tories campaigning on overturning the second referendum as invalid. With the Remain side split between Corbyn and Lib Dems, BoJo cruises to a comfortable majority and immediately reinvokes Article 50 but with no two year period and we leave without a deal the following day.
Old Oct 3rd 2019, 5:54 pm
Banned

007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DXBtoDOH
This is my prediction.

BoJo refuses to ask for an extension and while the courts are involved, once again, it finally forces Parliament to VONC him. They cobble together an ostensibly temporary GNU but not for a GE but for a second referendum in the hopes of killing Brexit forever. The second referendum question is solely between May's deal or Remain. Farage and the Tories both spend the referendum campaigning against it as an illegal referendum that doesn't respect the mandate of the first one and call for people to spoil their ballots. The final outcome of the referendum is a Remain lead but only as a plurality, as May's deal + spoiled ballots combined have the majority. Both sides claim victory. Remain go to the courts to get a court order to revoke Article 50, meanwhile the GNU finally collapses and we head for a GE, with the Tories campaigning on overturning the second referendum as invalid. With the Remain side split between Corbyn and Lib Dems, BoJo cruises to a comfortable majority and immediately reinvokes Article 50 but with no two year period and we leave without a deal the following day.
... Who gets the blame for the civil strife & unrest, the medical and food shortages, and the return to the blockades & petrol bombs in NI then?
Old Oct 3rd 2019, 6:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute

... Who gets the blame for the civil strife & unrest, the medical and food shortages, and the return to the blockades & petrol bombs in NI then?
RoI and EU for being unwilling to compromise and pandering to a bunch of illiterate terrorist thugs.
Old Oct 3rd 2019, 6:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Or nobody when none of this materialises?

That said, I’m going to the UK over the brexit period and will be taking my own raspberries with me. You can’t be too careful with breakfast.
Old Oct 3rd 2019, 6:23 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Millhouse
That said, I’m going to the UK over the brexit period and will be taking my own raspberries with me. You can’t be too careful with breakfast.
Indeed, fresh fruit is one of your 5-a-day. Don't fall sick though Millhouse, you could lay on a trolley in a corridor for hours. Take your own medication too You might even find a buyer for them before you go home.
Old Oct 3rd 2019, 6:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Indeed, fresh fruit is one of your 5-a-day. Don't fall sick though Millhouse, you could lay on a trolley in a corridor for hours. Take your own medication too You might even find a buyer for them before you go home.
are you describing the current, or the future state of the health service?

Old Oct 3rd 2019, 6:49 pm
Banned

are you describing the current, or the future state of the health service?
... Well, I think this says it better than I ever can Millhouse - note the date.
https://www.680news.com/2019/10/03/u...uce-shortages/
Your hospital trolley will come free though.
Old Oct 3rd 2019, 11:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

... Well, I think this says it better than I ever can Millhouse - note the date.
https://www.680news.com/2019/10/03/u...uce-shortages/
Your hospital trolley will come free though.
Thank God I'm not on the HRT yet!
Old Oct 4th 2019, 5:45 am

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DXBtoDOH
This is my prediction.

Lay off the ketamine.
Old Oct 4th 2019, 7:43 am
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute

Are they regulation sized raspberries - none of those irregular shaped ones?
Old Oct 4th 2019, 8:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by weasel decentral
Are they regulation sized raspberries - none of those irregular shaped ones?
EU raspberries. Grown in Spain, repacked and frozen in France and flown to the UAE under WTO rules. I’ll be re-exporting them to the UK as it is believed that the UK can not import them from France directly and so they need to go via the UAE.
Old Oct 17th 2019, 12:49 pm
Gold-Helmeted Member

captainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond repute

So all that bluster "dying in a ditch", Big Balls Johnson "Theresa May is too timid, I'd go over there flop my 18 incher out, bang my fist on the table and DEMAND they meet my terms NO COMPROMISE". And brexitters lapped it up. They loved Big Balls Johnson, sticking it to the EU.

But now Flip Flop Johnson capitulates, the EU dusts off their original proposals for NI only backstop, Big Balls Johnson is nowhere to be seen, Flip Flop Johnson desperately crosses out his red lines and meekly eats crow, only the DUP hold outs stand between a deal and a humiliating delay Big Balls Johnson PROMISED he would never agree to.

Brexitters must be fuming.... Big Balls Johnson promised no more compromises, and that the UK was ready for 'no deal' and brexitters believed he was serious. It would all be fine, and Big Balls Johnson would NEVER compromise!

Until we find out who wears the trousers in the UK/EU relationship. Yes, it's a bloke called 'Michelle'. And Big Balls Johnson is now doing his best to smile wearing a gimp mask and a ball gag.

I wonder if they get it yet? That 'no deal' was never an option, that the UK's position was always weak, it was always the UK that was going to blink first, and even tough talking Big Balls Johnson would not have been stupid enough to tilt the UK into that.... he'd rather do whatever 'Michelle' tells him....