Brexit Negotiations

Old Sep 11th 2017, 3:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

IKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Brexit Negotiations

What I can't get my head around is that how come 194 other countries and dependencies manage to trade really successfully with the EU while not being part of it?

USA is the biggest services provider and China is the biggest exporter of stuff into the EC.

How does that work then?
Old Sep 11th 2017, 3:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

mrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by IKnowNothing
What I can't get my head around is that how come 194 other countries and dependencies manage to trade really successfully with the EU while not being part of it?

USA is the biggest services provider and China is the biggest exporter of stuff into the EC.

How does that work then?
The GDP of both the US and China is vastly different to that of the UK.

The US is a collection of different States, each of which have different laws and commerce restrictions. Very similar to the EU being made up of different countries and using their size to leverage trade deals.

The UK used to be a huge trading entity, before it lost it's empire. Now if has huge debt and productivity is not that great compare to some other Western nations.

Why do you think small corner shops form cooperatives? I'm sure Tescos gets a better deal than and small corner shop.

Corporate UK does not feel confident about the management of UK plc.

http://www.nydailynews.com/newswires...icle-1.3483877
Old Sep 11th 2017, 3:54 pm
I still dont believe it..

uk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond repute

GB bashing without facts may make you feel good but... what does the imf say about GDP for now and 2020?
Attached Thumbnails Brexit Negotiations-img_3975.png  
Old Sep 11th 2017, 4:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

IKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mrken30
The GDP of both the US and China is vastly different to that of the UK.

The US is a collection of different States, each of which have different laws and commerce restrictions. Very similar to the EU being made up of different countries and using their size to leverage trade deals.

The UK used to be a huge trading entity, before it lost it's empire. Now if has huge debt and productivity is not that great compare to some other Western nations.

Why do you think small corner shops form cooperatives? I'm sure Tescos gets a better deal than and small corner shop.

Corporate UK does not feel confident about the management of UK plc.

AstraZeneca CEO, worried by Brexit, not signing UK government letter - NY Daily News
And the Falkland Islands and Tonga? (At the other end of the scale)?
Old Sep 11th 2017, 5:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

mrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by uk_grenada
GB bashing without facts may make you feel good but... what does the imf say about GDP for now and 2020?
The EU GDP in 2016 was the same as the forecast GDP in 2020

Old Sep 12th 2017, 3:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Dubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond repute

The most Ironic thing is the Labour MP (Naz Shah, herself of Pakistani descent) telling victims of the predominantly Asian child abuse rings to shut up for the sake of diversity!

Now post a clever meme about that!
Old Sep 12th 2017, 5:05 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by TheShed
See, now Scampi, whilst we’re on opposite sides, you’re actually talking sense.

I am a brexiteer for a large number of reasons OTHER than immigration. Probably driven by the fact that I’m one of the older people here and remember the EEC which was an awesome idea. If the whole of Britain (and the other potential xxxexit candidates) stops with the back biting and gets on with what has been decided, who knows, this may work out ok.

E.g. I couldn’t give a 541t about UK manufacturing. That’s not where we make money. We do it by inventions, engineering and services which are mostly the businesses of the future. Can someone present me an argument what happens to Germany when the Chinese (as they undoubtedly will) catch up with German quality?? Agriculture pressure on UK? Forget it, the world is already short of food and almost anything produced will be eaten by someone. Financial services leaving London? Nope, would take the EU 10 years just to get around a table and announce an initiative to investigate making their systems equivalent. Some of my UK based Family run and work in H&S businesses. They are petrified as once Brexit happens, and H&S laws start to regain common sense, they are out of business. I applaud some H&S as it save life and injuries, but even old super non-pc Shed does a risk assessment before stepping on UK soil as I fear upsetting someone with a beard (male or female).

Finally. Law and Order? That’s not an immigration thing either, that’s a social slide that would have happened whether we were in or out of EU due to a more generous than necessary social state and in-education of people allowed to breed!!
Interesting stuff in there. I agree with things like H&S and bending over backwards for insignificant reasons. I think though, that as soon as the UK leaves the EU, we'll just adopt a great deal of the EU policies as new standards / laws....so I think there'll be large areas that just don't seem any different.
Old Sep 12th 2017, 5:29 am
Wannabe Cycling God

TheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
Interesting stuff in there. I agree with things like H&S and bending over backwards for insignificant reasons. I think though, that as soon as the UK leaves the EU, we'll just adopt a great deal of the EU policies as new standards / laws....so I think there'll be large areas that just don't seem any different.
And that to me, would be the biggest disaster of all. Ditch the bureaucracy and create a whole new one to restrict growth and competitiveness in exactly the same way.
Old Sep 12th 2017, 5:45 am
Forum Regular

Arnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Dubaiexile
The most Ironic thing is the Labour MP (Naz Shah, herself of Pakistani descent) telling victims of the predominantly Asian child abuse rings to shut up for the sake of diversity!
She didn't, she mistakenly reposted a tweet from an account that was parodying the journalist Owen Jones.

But whatever fuels your fire.
Old Sep 12th 2017, 6:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Dubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Arnold S
She didn't, she mistakenly reposted a tweet from an account that was parodying the journalist Owen Jones.

But whatever fuels your fire.
You apologist, what a load of shite....go find another Meme to hide behind, or better still crawl back into your beige, gender free, safe space hole...you will be telling me next that Dianne Abbot is great mathematician, and that Corbyn never supported the IRA, or worse still never recently condemned what was happening in Venuzuela when specifically asked to!!!
Old Sep 12th 2017, 6:34 am
Forum Regular

Arnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Dubaiexile
go find another Meme to hide behind!
Old Sep 12th 2017, 6:44 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by TheShed
And that to me, would be the biggest disaster of all. Ditch the bureaucracy and create a whole new one to restrict growth and competitiveness in exactly the same way.
I can smell it already. Fingers crossed it's wrong though.
Old Sep 12th 2017, 7:08 am
...we killed the flame

Miss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
But most of the H&S stuff in the UK is UK-driven not EU driven (similarly things like data protection and anti-corruption measures). The H&S bureaucracy for our UK business is far greater than for our businesses in other EU countries for example. There's a classic case of EU myth-making. I think people are going to be surprised by how much stuff that the EU was blamed for remains around post-EU...

And UK manufacturing remains a significant employer and a major consumer of services so its contribution to national well being significantly exceeds its contribution to GDP. Unemployed factory workers won't require catering or cleaning services or be eating out or paying for leisure activities etc etc.
Old Sep 12th 2017, 7:49 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Miss Ann Thrope
But most of the H&S stuff in the UK is UK-driven not EU driven (similarly things like data protection and anti-corruption measures). The H&S bureaucracy for our UK business is far greater than for our businesses in other EU countries for example. There's a classic case of EU myth-making. I think people are going to be surprised by how much stuff that the EU was blamed for remains around post-EU...
I was trying to be more general than that. Lots of policies/regulations/things from the EU will just be adopted. Things won't be that different.
Old Sep 12th 2017, 7:53 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Miss Ann Thrope
But most of the H&S stuff in the UK is UK-driven not EU driven
Yes and no. Certainly the UK were very sharp to the point of ridiculous on 'some' H&S issues.... although some were very valid, however, when you look at risk in design the Eurocodes have taken it to a new level of bullshittery..... They took what started off as British standards (which were often adopted worldwide) and buggered them up considerably. Can't wait to not have to use them.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.