The Brexit; Are you in or out?

View Poll Results: Should Britiain Leave EU
Yes
32.04%
No
37.86%
HELL YES
26.21%
Let more Sexy Eastern Euro girls move over here, then leave.
3.88%
Voters: 103. You may not vote on this poll

The Brexit; Are you in or out?

Old May 16th 2016, 2:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Tockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Brexit; Are you in or out?

Interesting read start to finish in one go

What's been learned?

If you don't agree with me you're uneducated
Europes great if you are Gay and want to have an equal status marriage
Europes great if you want to slip your foreign national wife into the UK by the back door

Personally love the "if you don't agree with my thoughts" you are uneducated". For the sake of the bored, can we clarify the level of education required to post.
High school finishing at 16
High school at 18
Bachelors
Honours
Masters
Dr

Or is it simply if you don't agree with my thoughts because I have a Johnny foreigner wife or I **** people of the same sex or I have some other deviance or personality disorder that I want acceptance for by normal people; then you must be wrong and bad

Personally I will be shortly looking down on everyone below Masters as they are all inadequately uneducated. I have thought about continuing study in which case I will look down on the Masters but less so than those at Hons or BSc and even lesser so than the BA retards

My vote is of course out. You gotta stop all the Asians coming through the back doors, throw out the wogs, recriminalise ungodly sexual deviants etc etc
Old May 16th 2016, 3:24 am
Banned

iggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tockalosh
Interesting read start to finish in one go

Europes great if you want to slip your foreign national wife into the UK by the back door
True story with my foreign "princess". She had her passport stolen in a nightclub, she managed to sneak out of UK without a passport (via ferry's in Dover). Since being banned from UAE (90day ban) her first reaction was to go UK and work not Lithuania.

I've been Peterbrough, Burton on Trent meeting her friends in the past these towns are mini eastern Europe. Now i am not saying that's a good thing or a bad thing, its just an observation.

One thing my partner does tell me, and tells me alot "Us foreigners are here for money, nothing else and we pretty much hate you English".
Old May 16th 2016, 7:24 am
Powered by cows

Autonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond repute

This is a interactive combined "poll of polls".

It's quite fascinating when you drill down into the various categories and see the differences...

And currently it all seems quite a close call.

Britain’s EU referendum: The Economist’s “Brexit” poll-tracker | The Economist
Old May 16th 2016, 7:50 am
Banned

iggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Autonomy
This is a interactive combined "poll of polls".

It's quite fascinating when you drill down into the various categories and see the differences...

And currently it all seems quite a close call.

Britain’s EU referendum: The Economist’s “Brexit” poll-tracker | The Economist
This is dangerously turning into a battle of Left vs Right, where its so much more complex than this. Like I've said, my main gripe with the EU is that i disagree with an unelected body determining laws on UK. I don't even like our own politicians, hell i am having a some Pole telling me what to do.

Interesting that it says the rich want to stay, but the poor dont
Old May 16th 2016, 8:05 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by iggle
This is dangerously turning into a battle of Left vs Right, where its so much more complex than this. Like I've said, my main gripe with the EU is that i disagree with an unelected body determining laws on UK. I don't even like our own politicians, hell i am having a some Pole telling me what to do.

Interesting that it says the rich want to stay, but the poor dont
Interesting there are some UKIPpers who want to stay...
Old May 16th 2016, 8:22 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Scamp
Interesting there are some UKIPpers who want to stay...
I doubt its 3%, one thing that the website doesn't put into consideration, is i would fully expect 90% of the UKIPers to vote (there is 4million votes to leave straight away), i bet 90% of the "youths" wont even bother voting. Never underestimate the old people, they love to vote, they also have more experience and probably a little wiser.

Anyway I am not sure if anyone has done this but a neutral party needs to do a review of the pro's and cons.

For example the exit guys say, we give 350million a week to the EU, but they don't consider that EU gives us money back. But on the flipside, the remain say if we leave we wont be able to trade with anyone (which is incorrect). There is so much hearsay going around, I am fully encamped in leaving, i wont change my mind. But I want to know the full facts.

Is there a neutral none bias review?
Old May 16th 2016, 9:13 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by iggle
For example the exit guys say, we give 350million a week to the EU, but they don't consider that EU gives us money back. But on the flipside, the remain say if we leave we wont be able to trade with anyone (which is incorrect). There is so much hearsay going around, I am fully encamped in leaving, i wont change my mind. But I want to know the full facts.

Is there a neutral none bias review?
IT's like the Scottish referendum all over again.

Nobody can quantify so many parts claimed by each camp. Some things are quantifiable, some things are made up, some things are ignored. Unfortunately, it seems like it will be 'my mate's brother met a guy at the yacht club and he said we do this and it's bollocks' kind of facts being thrown around.
Old May 16th 2016, 9:35 am
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute

The difficulty with this referendum is that both sides are talking past each other.

The Remain leadership is screaming on economics issues. But the Leave side is voting largely on non-economic issues (immigration and sovereignty). The Remain side has been utterly unable to address these two key issues, because they can't as the EU itself is completely opposed to any meaningful reform to immigration/sovereignty issues.

The Leave side is shouting about immigration and sovereignty, but the Remain side is voting primarily on economic issues. The Remain side has to its advantage that the existing status quo works very well for many people and many of their voters have benefited (or have not been negatively affected) by the macroeconomics of the EU, so why upset the boat?

The undecided are the people who are mostly concerned with what I term the microeconomic issues - the impact of the EU (immigration or red tape) on local issues - housing, competition for jobs, wages, schools/hospitals, local small businesses. They are not bankers and will vote based on their perspectives of the EU's impact on their immediate situation. Whoever wins this group on 23 June will win the referendum and it's entirely up in the air. They are the ones who are screaming for facts, but like with the Scottish referendum undecided, no one is going to be able to give them the facts because the kind of facts they are asking for is a guarantee that the future is going to be X or Y and that is impossible to deliver.

Originally Posted by Scamp
IT's like the Scottish referendum all over again.

Nobody can quantify so many parts claimed by each camp. Some things are quantifiable, some things are made up, some things are ignored. Unfortunately, it seems like it will be 'my mate's brother met a guy at the yacht club and he said we do this and it's bollocks' kind of facts being thrown around.

Last edited by DXBtoDOH; May 16th 2016 at 9:42 am.
Old May 16th 2016, 10:53 am
Gold-Helmeted Member

captainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DXBtoDOH
If there is Brexit, the pound is likely to drop further but only by so much. But in the long run I have a feeling that the pound will triumph as the stronger alternative currency to the Euro for in a post Brexit Europe, the question won't be Britain, but whether the EU can survive and the risks of destabilisation from other countries who have their own grievances as well and will want to use Brexit to leverage their own demands on Brussels, which is the main reason why the EU establishment is trying to come down on Brexit as heavily as possible. It's the classic attempt at nipping all rebellions in the bud as harshly and quickly as possible. .
I very much doubt the GBP would be the alternative currency for Europe, at least no more than it is now. The utility of the GBP is quite large at present because the UK banking and financial sector is within the EU and therefore has full access to a market of 500 million people and many companies. It would have to negotiate access after a brexit, but even Norway and EFTA style acces doesn't cover services, so it would need a special deal nobody else has. And any such deal (as with Norway etc.) requires freedom of movement, which will be politically difficult for any post brexit government to agree to considering stopping free movement and immigration is probably the biggest thing that outers want to achieve.

Also worth considering that our trade and location makes us inevitably linked closely to the European economy regardless. The out compaign seems to suggest we'd continue to trade with Europe just fine, but magically be insulated from any meltdown of the EU. If we're trading with them significantly like before, we'd be toast if they collapse whether we're in or out.

I think there is a lot of nonsense on both sides to be honest. We're not going to turn into the balkans and start killing our neighbours if we leave as Cameron seems to suggest, neither is the EU some kind of Nazi superplan by Merkel to take over Europe. Most of the arguments about being undemocratic really don't hold water, the EU is more democratic than the UK by a long way, and the UK has a veto over most important decisions (such as whether Turkey joins, TTIP is signed or the UK rebate gets abolished). Besides, I would struggle to think of any EU laws that people really have issues with. Britain has passed plenty of worse laws all on its own.

Immigration I suppose is only issue that remain can't really claim to be able to control. However, over half of migration to the UK is non-EU, which the UK could stop without leaving the EU but doesn't. So if the UK really doesn't want the levels of immigration it has, it could cut it by over half if it wanted to by stopping non-EU immigration. But it doesn't because the uncomfortable fact is that demographics with baby boomer retirement mean immigration is required as a stopgap while the retirement age is jacked up. The irony of stopping EU migration would be that you'd end up with a load more non European immigrants, which I am not sure is really what those voting out would be happy with.

Bookmaker's odds still suggest only about 25% chance of brexit vote, which is interesting considering how close the polls are.
Old May 16th 2016, 11:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Lightandbitter has a reputation beyond reputeLightandbitter has a reputation beyond reputeLightandbitter has a reputation beyond reputeLightandbitter has a reputation beyond reputeLightandbitter has a reputation beyond reputeLightandbitter has a reputation beyond reputeLightandbitter has a reputation beyond reputeLightandbitter has a reputation beyond reputeLightandbitter has a reputation beyond reputeLightandbitter has a reputation beyond reputeLightandbitter has a reputation beyond repute

This is going to go like every other major vote that has occurred. "Oh so close!" They'll "vote" to stay in and this minor hiccup for the globalists will be behind them.
Old May 16th 2016, 12:24 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tockalosh

Personally I will be shortly looking down on everyone below Masters as they are all inadequately uneducated. I have thought about continuing study in which case I will look down on the Masters but less so than those at Hons or BSc and even lesser so than the BA retards
Can't we just use the usual forum rules and judge people on their grammar?
Old May 16th 2016, 12:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

I have registered for a postal vote.

I'll be posting for exit.

My vote is simply based on the economic principles of the well known economist and political scientist Mr Fek'em Dagos
Old May 16th 2016, 1:43 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Millhouse

My vote is simply based on the economic principles of the well known economist and political scientist Mr Fek'em Dagos
I've registered too.

Not sure which way I'll vote. I think out.
Old May 16th 2016, 2:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

lived outside the UK too long to vote but if i could i would have a difficult choice. Normally I would choose out. The EU has moved far too far from being a Trade bloc and the Luxemburgers etc are not going to stop until they achieve their goal of a single European state. However, being married to a non-EU citizen our lives in the future will be a lot easier if the result is to stay in. Don't want to move back to the UK but would like to move back to Europe sometime in the next few years.
Old May 16th 2016, 3:01 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse

I have also registered for a postal vote and will be cancelling you out.

I could claim that it's just to be contrary...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.