British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   The Breakfast Thread.... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/breakfast-thread-604792/)

BangleMan Apr 22nd 2009 3:21 am

The Breakfast Thread....

A large cup of tea, and after a few mins umming and aarrhing, went for 3 Weetabix with cold milk....

What did you have then ?

Bambi in Abu Dhabi Apr 22nd 2009 3:30 am

Re: The Breakfast Thread....

Porridge with blueberries and flaked almonds.

The Dean Apr 22nd 2009 3:32 am

Originally Posted by BangleMan (Post 7501850)
A large cup of tea, and after a few mins umming and aarrhing, went for 3 Weetabix with cold milk....

What did you have then ?

Having it now.............

Raisin wheats, with a chopped up banana, and milk that is so cold it's hurting my fillings......... delicious.

I'm mildly allergic to dairy products and wheat products but this is too good to resist..........

BangleMan Apr 22nd 2009 3:35 am

Originally Posted by Bambi in Abu Dhabi (Post 7501874)
Porridge with blueberries and flaked almonds.

the porridge sounds great, but I gack at the thought of an almond passing my lips.....

BangleMan Apr 22nd 2009 3:36 am

Originally Posted by The Dean (Post 7501877)
Having it now.............

Raisin wheats, with a chopped up banana, and milk that is so cold it's hurting my fillings......... delicious.

I'm mildly allergic to dairy products and wheat products but this is too good to resist..........

so what happens when you have dairy products....do you come out in a rash or flap around on the floor like a fish ?

Blue Cat Apr 22nd 2009 3:39 am

What did you have then ?

2 cups of coffee, a marlboro light and the school run, later toast and marmite :)

The Dean Apr 22nd 2009 3:40 am

Originally Posted by BangleMan (Post 7501887)
so what happens when you have dairy products....do you come out in a rash or flap around on the floor like a fish ?

Nothing happens as long as it's only a bit of milk once a day...........

Mind you, if I spot that "Ambrosia Creamed Rice" in the supermarket, I find that a bit tough to resist too - and then I'm in trouble.

BangleMan Apr 22nd 2009 3:41 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 7501892)
2 cups of coffee, a marlboro light and the school run, later toast and marmite :)

you can take the girl out of the Toon, but you cant take the Toon out of the girl......

MataHari Apr 22nd 2009 3:51 am

What did you have then ?

I usually start the day with a PM or 2...keeps me healty
oh and a diet pepsi...

seraphnina Apr 22nd 2009 3:59 am

porridge and later coffee.

Morecambe Mindy Apr 22nd 2009 4:11 am

Ran out of Alpen, and second choice of a banana is out too, so crappy cornflakes for me, but with a nice cup of tea (if you can call Lipton's weak as gnat's piss tea nice).

Emerald_Eyes Apr 22nd 2009 4:21 am

Small skinny cappuccino and a croissant - yum

Blue Cat Apr 22nd 2009 4:22 am

Originally Posted by BangleMan (Post 7501901)
you can take the girl out of the Toon, but you cant take the Toon out of the girl......

I aint from the Toon, but I can see your point :) can they afford Marmite in the Toon :confused:
:)

StublueKPL Apr 22nd 2009 4:25 am

Just about to get my last breakfast on the rig before heading back to dxb.

absolute garbage every day. crap beans, crap sausages from a tin, streaky bacon but without practically any meat, and finally some toast if you can keep the roaches at bay for long enough.

Think i may just have the orange juice (again)

Blue Cat Apr 22nd 2009 4:27 am

Originally Posted by StublueKPL (Post 7501993)
Just about to get my last breakfast on the rig before heading back to dxb.

absolute garbage every day. crap beans, crap sausages from a tin, streaky bacon but without practically any meat, and finally some toast if you can keep the roaches at bay for long enough.

Think i may just have the orange juice (again)

that's crap :( you would think they would be able to feed you decent scran wouldn't you :thumbup: