British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Breakfast (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/breakfast-698338/)

Blue Cat Dec 28th 2010 6:48 am

Breakfast

Most important meal of the day (allegedly) and one I never bother with :( but I am going to be making more of an effort in the New Year, so what do you have for breakfast?

lionheart Dec 28th 2010 6:52 am

Re: Breakfast

Porridge with brown sugar followed by toast or else pancakes with syrup.

Blue Cat Dec 28th 2010 6:53 am

Originally Posted by lionheart (Post 9063327)
Porridge with brown sugar followed by toast or else pancakes with syrup.

sounds very healthy :rolleyes:

kittycat1 Dec 28th 2010 7:09 am

activia yoghurt with as much museli as I can stuff into the pot. A coffee and a smoke followed by another coffee. then something about 10.30-11 banana or something- kitkat if my willpower is shite and a cig and a coffee.

My yummiest breakfast is eggs benedict or bacon and egg buttie- but hardly ever have those as I would be the size of a house! mmm drooool

Blue Cat Dec 28th 2010 7:17 am

Originally Posted by kittycat1 (Post 9063347)
activia yoghurt with as much museli as I can stuff into the pot. A coffee and a smoke followed by another coffee. then something about 10.30-11 banana or something- kitkat if my willpower is shite and a cig and a coffee.

My yummiest breakfast is eggs benedict or bacon and egg buttie- but hardly ever have those as I would be the size of a house! mmm drooool

I normally do toast and marmite about 10 am, but am planning on cutting that out in favour of yoghurt and fruit, or cornflakes, I don't mind them too much

kittycat1 Dec 28th 2010 7:20 am

cereal is bad- lots of hidden sugars etc museli (the low fat stuff) is much better for you- or porridge if you can eat the stuff (It makes me gag!) and go for berries- best fruit for you xxx

Blue Cat Dec 28th 2010 7:21 am

Originally Posted by kittycat1 (Post 9063361)
cereal is bad- lots of hidden sugars etc museli (the low fat stuff) is much better for you- or porridge if you can eat the stuff (It makes me gag!) and go for berries- best fruit for you xxx

I love berries but raspberries are so expensive! bought some frozen ones.

Have you had the eggs benedict at More Cafe? very nice :thumbup:

kittycat1 Dec 28th 2010 7:31 am

Yep I go for frozen mixed berries- whack it all in the blender with an apple, banana load of grapes, fresh strawberries, a few nuts, skimmed milk and a strawberry activia yoghurt- delicious! can cram my 5 a day into one drink!

kittycat1 Dec 28th 2010 7:32 am

and yes I have had eggs benedict there- yumm yumm!

Patsy Stoned Dec 28th 2010 7:43 am

Originally Posted by kittycat1 (Post 9063380)
Yep I go for frozen mixed berries- whack it all in the blender with an apple, banana load of grapes, fresh strawberries, a few nuts, skimmed milk and a strawberry activia yoghurt- delicious! can cram my 5 a day into one drink!

a very rough estimate ( not know portion sizes) that breakfast gives you almost 100gms of carbs and over 600 calories..

kittycat1 Dec 28th 2010 7:46 am

thats not breakfast pats- an you be my calorie calculator please- i have a yoghurt and a palm size ammount of museli in the morning + 2 white coffees- hows that?

Blue Cat Dec 28th 2010 7:51 am

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned (Post 9063396)
a very rough estimate ( not know portion sizes) that breakfast gives you almost 100gms of carbs and over 600 calories..

:eek: thought there were few carbs in fruit, banana yes but not the other fruits

kittycat1 Dec 28th 2010 7:56 am

actually pats- can you tell me why the carbs are so high- trying to find a carb convertor online and cant find anything- everything is a palm size portion- almonds. Just saw online that the daily intake of carbs should be 180-230 grms a day if your not trying to loose weight. Suddenly thinking my diet is shite!

kittycat1 Dec 28th 2010 8:01 am

just having a look online at different daily recommendations and am now completely confused- help Pats! what diet would you recommend Patsy? help us!

Blue Cat Dec 28th 2010 8:03 am

Originally Posted by kittycat1 (Post 9063416)
just having a look online at different daily recommendations and am now completely confused- help Pats! what diet would you recommend Patsy? help us!

I am going to reduce my carbs, it has worked for me in the past, Patsy gave me some great tips a few years back which should still be on here.