British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Brazil! :-) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/brazil-895632/)

mission Apr 19th 2017 10:45 am

Brazil! :-)

so folks, my initial holiday started off with NZ, then went to Bali, then to Hawaii, then to Costa Rica, then to Fiji - all of which had to be canned for one reason or another
NZ - wrong of time to travel too (Jul/Aug)
Bail - you all put me off
Hawaii - too frigging far and fairly expensive
Costa Rica - too many stopovers using American carriers
Fiji - you all put me off
I am pleased to announce i am Inshallaah going to BRAZIL :thumbsup: Emirates flies direct to and from Rio so that's awesome.
I have found an awesome 11 days/10 nights activity/tour package deal which includes Rio, Foz Do Iguassu (the falls on both the Brazilian and Argentina side) and the Amazon Rainforest.
The travel agent that i been dealing with is based in South America (South America Tours | 4* &5* Custom Travel to South America=) and they been contacting me via email and phone calls to fine tune my holiday.
My only concern is how do i find out if this travel agent is genuine and reputable before i depart with my moola?

DXBtoDOH Apr 19th 2017 11:18 am

Re: Brazil! :-)

https://www.trustpilot.com/review/southamerica.travel

mission Apr 19th 2017 11:24 am

Originally Posted by DXBtoDOH (Post 12232609)

oh wow DXB, you are a star!! thank you SO much :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Brains1983 Apr 19th 2017 11:31 am

Originally Posted by mission (Post 12232574)
I have found an awesome 11 days/10 nights activity/tour package deal which includes Rio, Foz Do Iguassu (the falls on both the Brazilian and Argentina side)

Foz Do Iguassu is incredible. I thought it was more spectacular to look at than Niagra. Since you want your activities, make sure you do the white water rafting from the bottom of the falls, great fun. It's worth crossing the border into Argentina to go to the "devils throat", the main fall that goes over. The noise is incredible.

I got some great photos from a helicopter of the falls, 11 years ago now mind, how time flies.

It's a pretty cheap place to visit with the exchange rate right now. I'm back there in September for a couple of weeks.

Enjoy!

Miss Ann Thrope Apr 19th 2017 11:37 am

Originally Posted by mission (Post 12232574)
so folks, my initial holiday started off with NZ, then went to Bali, then to Hawaii, then to Costa Rica, then to Fiji - all of which had to be canned for one reason or another
NZ - wrong of time to travel too (Jul/Aug)
Bail - you all put me off
Hawaii - too frigging far and fairly expensive
Costa Rica - too many stopovers using American carriers
Fiji - you all put me off
I am pleased to announce i am Inshallaah going to BRAZIL :thumbsup: Emirates flies direct to and from Rio so that's awesome.
I have found an awesome 11 days/10 nights activity/tour package deal which includes Rio, Foz Do Iguassu (the falls on both the Brazilian and Argentina side) and the Amazon Rainforest.
The travel agent that i been dealing with is based in South America (South America Tours | 4* &5* Custom Travel to South America=) and they been contacting me via email and phone calls to fine tune my holiday.
My only concern is how do i find out if this travel agent is genuine and reputable before i depart with my moola?

Well done you - why were you being so coy about it? I loooooved Brazil and that was just a boring extended work trip; I didn't get to go to any of those fun places you will see. And beware Brazilian men - they are shameless and so many are good-looking enough to get away with it...

mission Apr 19th 2017 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by Brains1983 (Post 12232622)
Foz Do Iguassu is incredible. I thought it was more spectacular to look at than Niagra. Since you want your activities, make sure you do the white water rafting from the bottom of the falls, great fun. It's worth crossing the border into Argentina to go to the "devils throat", the main fall that goes over. The noise is incredible.

I got some great photos from a helicopter of the falls, 11 years ago now mind, how time flies.

It's a pretty cheap place to visit with the exchange rate right now. I'm back there in September for a couple of weeks.

Enjoy!

Thanks BRAIN :) I am well excited now :thumbsup: Although the trip isn't till Aug

mission Apr 19th 2017 12:02 pm

Originally Posted by Miss Ann Thrope (Post 12232624)
Well done you - why were you being so coy about it? I loooooved Brazil and that was just a boring extended work trip; I didn't get to go to any of those fun places you will see. And beware Brazilian men - they are shameless and so many are good-looking enough to get away with it...

Wasn't being coy habibi....i just didn't want to mention anything until i knew i had in the bag :)
I say bring on the shexy brazilian dudes :cool: (will need to get into shape lol)

scrubbedexpat141 Apr 19th 2017 1:28 pm

As the tours etc aren't booked yet by the sounds of it, I'm offering 7/4 that this trip doesn't go ahead.

Brains1983 Apr 19th 2017 5:42 pm

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 12232716)
As the tours etc aren't booked yet by the sounds of it, I'm offering 7/4 that this trip doesn't go ahead.

Stick me down for 100 dibs Scamp. Generous odds!

BEVS Apr 20th 2017 12:23 am

You're a lovable ratbag Scamp.

Thank goodness for that Mission. I was beginning to think you'd stay home looking at your tootsies.

Charl01 Apr 20th 2017 6:24 am

I also want some of this action.....150Dibs for me please

scrubbedexpat141 Apr 20th 2017 6:46 am

Originally Posted by BEVS (Post 12233267)
You're a lovable ratbag Scamp.

Thank goodness for that Mission. I was beginning to think you'd stay home looking at your tootsies.

Lovable? I'm sure many on here would argue. But Mummy says I'm cool.

Originally Posted by Brains1983 (Post 12233006)
Stick me down for 100 dibs Scamp. Generous odds!

Originally Posted by Charl01 (Post 12233436)
I also want some of this action.....150Dibs for me please

Terms and Conditions apply. :nod:

Millhouse Apr 20th 2017 8:11 am

I always bet contrarian and so will back Mission to book Brazil.

I'm not stupid though, so 10dh please.

Miss Ann Thrope Apr 20th 2017 8:53 am

Come on Princess, I'm backing you to prove them all wrong....

scrubbedexpat141 Apr 20th 2017 9:06 am

Originally Posted by Millhouse (Post 12233523)
I always bet contrarian and so will back Mission to book Brazil.

I'm not stupid though, so 10dh please.

Odds on her going are awful to be honest, because it looks quite likely.

We're at 1/6

Originally Posted by Miss Ann Thrope (Post 12233565)
Come on Princess, I'm backing you to prove them all wrong....

Terms and conditions apply.