British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Boris (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/boris-926675/)

scrubbedexpat141 Aug 27th 2019 5:23 am

Re: Boris

Originally Posted by captainflack (Post 12727576)
Can I just take a moment to reassure everyone that leaving the EU with no deal will be absolutely fine. The government has done a lot of preparation in the last two weeks, and I can assure you everything will be fine.

But it will all be the fault of the EU that there will be no deal and erm... everything will be fine. That's all on them, it being absolutely fine and everything.

I can't state that enough. Everything will be fine if there is no deal, but it will be entirely the fault of the EU for inflicting no deal on the UK and everything being fine.

Genuinely chuckled out loud at this, but I'm left a tiny bit unclear - is everything going to be fine?

HiHo Sep 1st 2019 9:17 am

Originally Posted by weasel decentral (Post 12727469)
The Americans certainly had a part to play in the negotiations, though American IRA funding was never state sponsored - it was always misplaced individuals or private collecting. To be fair to the agreement a lot of the provisions did happen- like the weapons decommissioning and prisoner releases. The driving force for the agreement was the saturation point of violence that everyone had reached, the majority of people simply wanted peace.

Dear Weasel, As you well know Money Talks and... Tammany Hall put American Politicians on the Ballet until the 1960s. The organisations resulting influence was widespread. Thus the political expedience did not exist to tackle NORAID. It was not until 1981 that a Bonesman calledCharles Sherman Haight was strong enough and smart enough to go after the money and thereby starving the IRA out. A lot of political wideboys have taken credit for "fixing" the Irish problem. The Irish Republican Army was beaten by Skull & Bones and not a shot was fired.

Arnold S Sep 4th 2019 5:48 am

This is all going well then...

weasel decentral Sep 4th 2019 6:26 am

Originally Posted by HiHo (Post 12730017)
Dear Weasel, As you well know Money Talks and... Tammany Hall put American Politicians on the Ballet until the 1960s. The organisations resulting influence was widespread. Thus the political expedience did not exist to tackle NORAID. It was not until 1981 that a Bonesman calledCharles Sherman Haight was strong enough and smart enough to go after the money and thereby starving the IRA out. A lot of political wideboys have taken credit for "fixing" the Irish problem. The Irish Republican Army was beaten by Skull & Bones and not a shot was fired.

Only took 17 years for this decisive action to have effect !

HiHo Sep 9th 2019 2:06 pm

Originally Posted by weasel decentral (Post 12731331)
Only took 17 years for this decisive action to have effect !

I know that appears lighting fast to us, but we have been in the middle east for a while.