Boris

Old Jul 31st 2019, 8:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Boris

Originally Posted by TheShed
May be a while Milly, but I'm in no rush
Right strategy always. Low ball, wait, wait, wait some more, low ball but higher again. They usually bite.
Old Jul 31st 2019, 9:40 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Millhouse
or me!
I could dig that. You're a pleasant human.
Old Aug 1st 2019, 5:58 am
Wannabe Cycling God

TheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
I could dig that. You're a pleasant human.
Get a room please !!!!
Old Aug 1st 2019, 9:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Get a room please !!!!
No thanks. He’s a big lad and I think it would hurt me.
Old Aug 1st 2019, 9:09 am
BE Enthusiast

HiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond repute

We'll buy it cheaper from the Ruskies and the Yanks and not bother with the cost of the infrastructure (Scottish Parliment).
One argument goes 'North sea oil is cheap and will be for the next ten years after which it will be down to scouring and bringing up a lot of water. Best to cut the Jocks loose now and close the boarder. Let them enjoy the honeymoon, after which the Germans can finance them.' It's attitudes like that the Scots hate, and is why the English were barred from taking part in the referendum. I think the English have a moral obligation to look out for the Scots that were not slaughtered in the creation of the union in the first place. As for the european union at least its a more peaceful way of the Germans controlling Europe than the last two attempts. Part of me says that if the Scots want to be part of the sixth reich good luck to them but it does create a bit of a security concern having an exposed northern boarder
Old Aug 1st 2019, 9:20 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Get a room please !!!!
Keep up the posh cooking and you can live the other side.

Originally Posted by Millhouse
No thanks. He’s a big lad and I think it would hurt me.
Stop flirting with me
Old Aug 1st 2019, 10:42 am
Wannabe Cycling God

TheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HiHo
One argument goes 'North sea oil is cheap and will be for the next ten years after which it will be down to scouring and bringing up a lot of water. Best to cut the Jocks loose now and close the boarder. Let them enjoy the honeymoon, after which the Germans can finance them.' It's attitudes like that the Scots hate, and is why the English were barred from taking part in the referendum. I think the English have a moral obligation to look out for the Scots that were not slaughtered in the creation of the union in the first place. As for the european union at least its a more peaceful way of the Germans controlling Europe than the last two attempts. Part of me says that if the Scots want to be part of the sixth reich good luck to them but it does create a bit of a security concern having an exposed northern boarder
To be fair, I'm not suggesting or promoting devolution, BUT, if they want to go, who are we to stop them, after all Scotland is a discreet country within the United Kingdom. If they want to be part of EU, that's also their choice.

As far as crude goes, the current policies of UK government are reducing the use so much over the next 10-20 years, the country won't need very much at all. Gas is certainly dramatically cheaper to get from the continent and I suspect that'll be the majority of UK's carbon energy usage.
Old Aug 1st 2019, 6:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

We will leave you with Johnson and Rees-Mogg looking after you. I mean if you can't trust an Etonian ..............
Old Aug 1st 2019, 8:15 pm
Gold-Helmeted Member

captainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond repute

I see the US congress has basically told the UK to forget about a US-UK trade deal if the Irish border issue is not resolved and the GFA isn't respected. And it's not just because the Dems control congress. The Irish grouping apparently has 54 members from both sides, and has a joint Republican chair who made it clear that Republicans and Dems would vote anything down that breaches the GFA. The Irish lobby is very strong in the US, there are a lot of yanks who identify as Irish (even though they aren't). And a lot of white folks that voted Trump too.

The only way to solve that problem is to reunify Ireland, so the GFA is basically no longer required. Given the fact Tory members aren't really fussed about the union now, and put Brexit first, that could happen very soon.

But even then, trade deals take years, and the UK has a big trade surplus with the US (remember, the argument with the EU was that the country with the deficit has all the power), and will undoubtedly be desperate. So Farage is going to have to get on his hands and knees and suck Trump c0ck like he's never sucked before to get anything other than a totally one-sided "bend over and wince" deal from Mr America First.

It's very hard to see what the end game is for the brexitters. It was clear during the campaign that nobody seriously suggested no-deal was anything other than a catastrophe that simply would not and could not happen because the UK had a strong negotiating position. Turns out the UK didn't and the chinless wonders wildly overestimated the strength of their hand. And still are!

I'm actually quite excited to see how this turns out. We're going back to the 1970s, imperial measurements, the car industry in decline and the IRA blowing stuff up. I grew up during "the troubles" and say what you like about the IRA, but they were pretty good at reducing conservative majorities in parliament.
Old Aug 2nd 2019, 2:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

I welcome the prospect of a 32-county Ireland, uniting the island. And the prospect of a Scotland left to our own devices.

"Oorsels Alaine !"
Old Aug 4th 2019, 7:42 am
BE Forum Addict

IKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by captainflack
I grew up during "the troubles" and say what you like about the IRA, but they were pretty good at reducing conservative majorities in parliament.
So saying the killing of Airey Neave etc. is a good thing as the IRA mainly killed conservatives?

Wow, just wow.
Old Aug 4th 2019, 8:16 am
Forum Regular

Arnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by IKnowNothing
So saying the killing of Airey Neave etc. is a good thing as the IRA mainly killed conservatives?

Wow, just wow.
How did they know Mountbatten had dandruff?
Old Aug 4th 2019, 8:16 am
BE Forum Addict

carcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond repute

Given all of this talk in this thread of re-unifying Ireland, I wonder how many of you are thinking to ask the Northern Irish about that?

What if they have a different view?

If so, what are the ramifications? Is there any history in Northern Ireland of people taking up arms due to political disputes?

Not as easy as just telling people what's good for them and that they better just shut up and listen, I'm afraid.
Old Aug 4th 2019, 9:34 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Arnold S
How did they know Mountbatten had dandruff?
Wow.
Old Aug 7th 2019, 11:29 pm
...we killed the flame

Miss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carcajou
Given all of this talk in this thread of re-unifying Ireland, I wonder how many of you are thinking to ask the Northern Irish about that?

What if they have a different view?

If so, what are the ramifications? Is there any history in Northern Ireland of people taking up arms due to political disputes?

Not as easy as just telling people what's good for them and that they better just shut up and listen, I'm afraid.
Well the GFA requies any change to the border to be by consent of the communities on both sides. As the people of NI did not consent to Brexit, then any Brexit-related new border would be the basis for triggering a so-called "border poll", which is essentially a referendum on the status of NI by the people of NI.

In the last couple of elections in NI, political unionism has lost its majority for the first time in the history of the statelet. Given the shock of Brexit, especially the disaster of no deal, it is quite conceivable that there would now be a majority for joining the Republic and thus staying in the EU. While that is definitely not a given, it is more plausible than ever before.

What is assumed in all this talk is that the people of the Republic would consent. Given the growing disparity in wealth, crumbling NI infrastructure and dysfunctional political institutions, not to mention the challenge of successfully accommodating close to a million bolshy presbyterians used to having things their own way, in an outward-looking relatively newly secular liberal country of 5 million, that may not be such a certainty. In the end I guess romantic nationalism would prevail over hard-headed calculations, but the analogy of West Germany absorbing East Germany is difficult to resist.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.