Boozeio

Old Jun 18th 2017, 8:24 am
BE Forum Addict

mission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Boozeio

Originally Posted by jam25mack
Thanks all for the info.

I have gone 'a bit Mission' on this and can't quite decide what to do..... Do I look to somewhere local or jump on a plane somewhere.....? That's the question!

Probably leaning toward the staycation at the mo.....
ufff for the love of god i HAVE booked my holiday lol
i actually also want to go away....but can't decide where
Old Jun 18th 2017, 8:28 am
BE Forum Addict

mission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond repute

JAMMY, check out 'holiday.me' website
https://www.holidayme.com/holidays?u...FRE8GwodVvUBdw
Old Jun 18th 2017, 8:29 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
Bangkok's about 6-7 hours IIRC. On flyDubai? Nah. There'll be miles better places closer.

How far's Kathmandu or Djibouti?
What about Nairobi or Georgia or one of the 'Stans? or Tanzania?
True.

Kathmandu is about 4hrs and At a guess Djibouti is around 3 as its on the horn of Africa so not a kick in the arse away from Yeman.

Nairobi would be good but planning doing the whole Killie & safari thing next year. Tanzania same same as Nairobi.

Georgia is a possibility and looks like a stunning place. Like properly beautiful.

Armenia and Montenegro too.

Not to bothered by the Stans.
Old Jun 18th 2017, 8:46 am
BE Forum Addict

True.

Kathmandu is about 4hrs and At a guess Djibouti is around 3 as its on the horn of Africa so not a kick in the arse away from Yeman.

Nairobi would be good but planning doing the whole Killie & safari thing next year. Tanzania same same as Nairobi.

Georgia is a possibility and looks like a stunning place. Like properly beautiful.

Armenia and Montenegro too.

Not to bothered by the Stans.
I've heard it's shyte....a colleague went recently said it was sh*t...although he did go for skiing.
Old Jun 18th 2017, 8:58 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mission
I've heard it's shyte....a colleague went recently said it was sh*t...although he did go for skiing.
Hmmmm.

Kinda thinking I might stay local now. Have 2 x weddings before the end of the year, one in London and one in Glasgow...... and I'm possibly thinking about getting away for the Super Cup Final in Skopje, Macedonia at the start of August (which also looks nice BTW).
Old Jun 18th 2017, 9:16 am
BE Forum Addict

al dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond repute

Indeed. We did that a few Eids ago. Not a bad call.

Either that or I may get a room in Dubai and recreate a female version of DXBTODOH's story off the political thread......
Too many dicks on the dancefloor?
Old Jun 18th 2017, 7:32 pm
...we killed the flame

Miss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond repute

Rubbish, it's great. Fantastic food and wine: they have one of the oldest wine cultures in the world which has been modernised brilliantly in the last 10 years. Tbilisi is a very pretty and civilised city with lots of nice walks and places to eat and stay; with nice old and modern stuff to visit (check out the "Always" bridge: that nickname gives an insight into the humour of the people). Kakheti valley is the main wine region about 2 hours to the east of Tbilisi and is full of boutiquey (ok I know I complained about using this as an adjective but it's the most convenient and simplest word in this case) winery places to eat and stay, very scenic and relaxing. Kazbegi about 2 hours north of Tbilisi is the spectacular mountain area close to the Russian border with a superb hotel, uninspiringly named Rooms I think. Brilliant mountain walks and probably even some snow capped peaks in the summer. Georgia via Tbilisi (not Bakhumi) is a great option for a short break.
Old Jun 19th 2017, 6:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Miss Ann Thrope
Rubbish, it's great. Fantastic food and wine: they have one of the oldest wine cultures in the world which has been modernised brilliantly in the last 10 years. Tbilisi is a very pretty and civilised city with lots of nice walks and places to eat and stay; with nice old and modern stuff to visit (check out the "Always" bridge: that nickname gives an insight into the humour of the people). Kakheti valley is the main wine region about 2 hours to the east of Tbilisi and is full of boutiquey (ok I know I complained about using this as an adjective but it's the most convenient and simplest word in this case) winery places to eat and stay, very scenic and relaxing. Kazbegi about 2 hours north of Tbilisi is the spectacular mountain area close to the Russian border with a superb hotel, uninspiringly named Rooms I think. Brilliant mountain walks and probably even some snow capped peaks in the summer. Georgia via Tbilisi (not Bakhumi) is a great option for a short break.
my bad, i stand corrected...although all it appears to be from your description is 'wine country'....which unless you are into your wines, would be a shyte holiday.
My colleague said hardly anyone spoke English and they were consistently getting ripped off when taking cabs.
Old Jun 19th 2017, 9:04 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

my bad, i stand corrected...although all it appears to be from your description is 'wine country'....which unless you are into your wines, would be a shyte holiday.
My colleague said hardly anyone spoke English and they were consistently getting ripped off when taking cabs.
Foreigners not speaking English? How very dare they!

I wonder if he/she bothered to learn a single word of Georgian.
Old Jun 19th 2017, 9:09 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Meow

Təşəkkür edirəm.

I'm practicing my Azeri for the weekend.
Old Jun 19th 2017, 9:11 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Təşəkkür edirəm.

I'm practicing my Azeri for the weekend.
That looks like (miss-spelled) Turkish, but it is is a Turkic language. Do you know how to pronounce it though young Scampi?

(Nice C&P
Old Jun 19th 2017, 9:31 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

That looks like (miss-spelled) Turkish, but it is is a Turkic language. Do you know how to pronounce it though young Scampi?

(Nice C&P
Definitely easier to copy a backwards e than mess around with some mix of alphabets.

I've just had the headphones on practicing, by listening. Very Turkish in terms of joined up noises. I'm sort of there but you honestly would not believe the number of websites that have core 'vocabulary and phrases' but don't have please and thank you.....
Old Jun 19th 2017, 9:38 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Definitely easier to copy a backwards e than mess around with some mix of alphabets.

I've just had the headphones on practicing, by listening. Very Turkish in terms of joined up noises. I'm sort of there but you honestly would not believe the number of websites that have core 'vocabulary and phrases' but don't have please and thank you.....
Learn how to say "kind regards", always worth it.
Old Jun 19th 2017, 10:02 am
BE Forum Addict

i think what he was implying is that it was very difficult to find any locals who spoke English.
Old Jun 19th 2017, 10:32 am
Bored liberal

i think what he was implying is that it was very difficult to find any locals who spoke English.
I get that but - to play devil's advocate for a moment - why should they? English may be a global language but we do rather expect Johnny Foreigner to learn English rather than learning anything ourselves. The Brits are generally rubbish at languages.

Cue posters claiming proficiency in multiple languages but the point stands. We are lucky that we can mostly get away with not bothering but it's a bit Daily Mail to expect others to be the only ones to make an effort, don't you think?

(Yes, I am bored too, but busy bored!)

Last edited by Meow; Jun 19th 2017 at 10:34 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.