Booze in Qatar

Old Nov 10th 2013, 10:43 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Booze in Qatar

Originally Posted by Scamp
Don't want a pick up though, they're for proper *****.

I like them, no worse than the other shit you mentioned mate and you are king of the road. Send the Mrs shopping.
Old Nov 10th 2013, 10:45 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by OleJanx
North of Al Khor is nice and peaceful. Do the pink pelicans still turn up there? We used to go beyond Al Khor and uptowards the tip of Qatar beyond the experimental farms up there ( and the 'abandoned' runway' that nobody memntioned...) Another jolly place was Bir Zirkrit , slightly to the north of Dukhan, which was wild and rocky -tyres beware-but worth a look!
Never seen the Pink Pelicans but at a guess there will be a time of year they turn up? I have only been going there for 3/4 months since having the boat.

I need to get out more thats for sure.
Old Nov 10th 2013, 10:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by britexpat76
Never seen the Pink Pelicans but at a guess there will be a time of year they turn up? I have only been going there for 3/4 months since having the boat.

Somewhere around March/ April. Up towards Al Khor, pretty spectacular.
If you get a chance to see the experimental farms, they are fascinating.The best known is the Oryx farm, a bit out of time but great. If you're thinking of a return to DXB, there is a lot of Qatar to see before you go, but Doha Zoo is depressing as shit. There is apparently a car museum in Rayyan worth a poke about, and the Doha museum has 'The First Caddillac in Qatar' along with the second and an old GMC truck -origin unknown. Astrange place the museum. Most of the exibits are destroyed, but oddly appealing.

Last edited by OleJanx; Nov 10th 2013 at 10:55 am.
Old Nov 10th 2013, 10:52 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by soukie
Scamp - not sure what your car valuation has to do with booze in Qatar!
Sorry, I'm hijacking the thread eh...

I like them, no worse than the other shit you mentioned mate and you are king of the road. Send the Mrs shopping.
Fair point, just not for me, although the F150 Raptors do look mega.

Neither of us are allowed to shop unsupervised; if she went yesterday it would have been salad all week and 500dibs on Xmas decs.

If I went on my own it would have been mince-based dinners for a week and 36dib coloured kitchen rolls.
Old Nov 10th 2013, 10:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

what sort of boat do you have? I love boats but don't think I'd use it enough to justify it.

Still tempted by a jet-ski though
Old Nov 10th 2013, 10:54 am
Shark Fisherman

Somewhere around March/ April. Up towards Al Khor, pretty spectacular.
If you gey a chance to see the experimental farms, they are fascinating.The best known is the Oryx farm, a bit out of time but great. If you're thinking of a retund to DXB, there is a lot of Qatar to see before you go, but Doha Zoo is depressing as shit.
Doha Zoo closed ages ago, think they got fed up with everyone complaining and did something about it. No doubt it will be back open in a couple of years after throwing millions at it only for it to be a depressing shit pit again within a year or 2.

Doha just dementing me at the moment, will be fine in a week or 2.............
Old Nov 10th 2013, 10:58 am
Shark Fisherman

Originally Posted by Millhouse
what sort of boat do you have? I love boats but don't think I'd use it enough to justify it.

Still tempted by a jet-ski though
I have a simple 20' boat mate. Nothing flash no great big engines on the back that could propel a warship but plenty enough for 4/5 people in comfort. Didn't cost much and if I look after it (Without anything breaking) will cost me minimal servicing. Get one and you make sure you use it - Best thing I have done here.

It also has all the fish finding equipment side thingys for the fishing thingys etc. I actually hooked my 1st fish friday luckily it was a big bastard and snapped the line so I didnt have to deal with it.

This weeks mission is to learn how to fish before friday.
Old Nov 10th 2013, 11:03 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Doha Zoo closed ages ago, think they got fed up with everyone complaining and did something about it. No doubt it will be back open in a couple of years after throwing millions at it only for it to be a depressing shit pit again within a year or 2.

Doha just dementing me at the moment, will be fine in a week or 2.............
New Doha Zoo is underway...
Old Nov 10th 2013, 12:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
New Doha Zoo is underway...
When Doha zoo opened originally, it was run by a conscientious Brit. Then a Qatari took over, 'nough said, eh?
Old Nov 10th 2013, 5:28 pm
Forum Regular

Crewegirl is on a distinguished road

Britexpat
Him outdoors fishes and we too are looking at buying a cheap boat so he can fish and I can drink wine.
We have a big barracuda in the freezer waiting to go on the BBQ at weekend.
Old Nov 10th 2013, 6:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by soukie
Scamp - not sure what your car valuation has to do with booze in Qatar!
The way it's going equals one Drof Exploder = 12 bottles of red lable...
Old Nov 11th 2013, 3:47 am
Account Closed

The way it's going equals one Drof Exploder = 12 bottles of red lable...
No deal.
Old Nov 11th 2013, 7:59 am
Shark Fisherman

Originally Posted by Crewegirl
Britexpat
Him outdoors fishes and we too are looking at buying a cheap boat so he can fish and I can drink wine.
We have a big barracuda in the freezer waiting to go on the BBQ at weekend.
You will have to come out with us then hun in a week or 2.

Purchased all new lines for the reels yesterday and new lures after I hooked what must of been a shark friday and the line snapped.
Old Nov 11th 2013, 8:07 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

Purchased all new lines for the reels yesterday and new lures after I hooked what must of been a stickleback friday and the line snapped.
Corrected that for you...
Old Nov 11th 2013, 8:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Millsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond repute

Purchased all new lines for the reels yesterday and new lures after I hooked what must of been a shopping trolley friday and the line snapped.
I've fixed it too..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.