Booze in Qatar

Old Nov 10th 2013, 8:30 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Booze in Qatar

Originally Posted by Millhouse
I love how you type CDB- with all those spaces between the punctuation it's like a 1950s typeset. old skool. I respect that.
Thanks mate , im showing my age chief . Not really im just shite at it to be honest .
Old Nov 10th 2013, 8:44 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by co durham boy
Same old same old mate here to be honest . As i said it's a shame because there's a few nice venue's that's sprung up in the last 18 months or so and a few pretty cool places to go during the nice weather .

The most bother i've seen here in bars and clubs comes from Arab nationals , they get bladdered and can't behave full stop . In the normal world this place would be 'Black Eye Friday' every week .

It's also a political move to appease the usual morons so like everything is Qatar you just get on with it .

The Qatari's can do what they like but they need to make up their mind what it is they want to be . I'm not sure who advises them on their PR but it's a disaster.
It makes you want to hang around until 2022 when hoards of thirsty foreigners descend en masse into Lusail.... What a cluster**** that's going to be.
Old Nov 10th 2013, 8:48 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kix
It makes you want to hang around until 2022 when hoards of thirsty foreigners descend en masse into Lusail.... What a cluster**** that's going to be.
I still can't work out what they're trying to do here . None of it makes much sense , they're literally spending billions on stuff they don't or won't ever ever need to be honest .

Lusail has got to be up there with some of Dubai's crazy projects . The work that is ongoing or about to be released is staggering , it's a city within a city and i'm not sure who's going to live there.

Maybe they're building it for 350,000 Nepalese bricklayers !
Old Nov 10th 2013, 9:18 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kix
That's the reason I am here............... We have a showroom in Dubai now and I cannot tell you how big the temptation is to head back - Even found myself a brit that can look after things here.........

Qatar just loves to **** around with things with gay abandon, Spinneys opened here with the promise of a pork section as they have in the UAE - They are then told no pork. The Pearl - one of the biggest white elephants in the Middle East having withdrawn alcohol sales at some of the best Al Fresco dining you could have and now no Alcohol by pools or on beaches.

Good news is that Landcruisers cannot drive to private Islands so on Fridays I launch the boat, go sit on a beach and drink as much as I want in peace.
Old Nov 10th 2013, 9:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by britexpat76
That's the reason I am here............... We have a showroom in Dubai now and I cannot tell you how big the temptation is to head back - Even found myself a brit that can look after things here.........

Good news is that Landcruisers cannot drive to private Islands so on Fridays I launch the boat, go sit on a beach and drink as much as I want in peace.
There used to be an island that, at low tide and a clear lack of mechanical sympathy, could be reached by Land Cruisers. At that time the wealthy locals were more into shishas with less legal contents, so the island either had stranded 'Cruisers, or more often waterlogged 'Cruisers that created low depth maritime hazards...
Old Nov 10th 2013, 9:29 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

............. We have a showroom in Dubai now.....
Few questions:

What will you give me for my 2010 / 2011 (can't remember, think 10) Explorer with 82k on the clock?

How much would you expect me to have to pay you for one of the following:

Escalada
Tahoe
Old Range Rover (IE not the newest one)
Discovery

Come sell me some more metal.
Old Nov 10th 2013, 9:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
Few questions:

What will you give me for my 2010 / 2011 (can't remember, think 10) Explorer with 82k on the clock?

Escalada
Tahoe
Discovery

What about the heavy metal G500?
Old Nov 10th 2013, 9:33 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by OleJanx
What about the heavy metal G500?
The Merc G-Wagon? Nah, I'm a **** but I'm not that much of a ****
Old Nov 10th 2013, 9:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Few questions:

Escalada
Tahoe
Discovery

I can understand why you don't want the Exploder, but why would you want any of this rubbish?
Old Nov 10th 2013, 9:43 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Millhouse
I can understand why you don't want the Exploder, but why would you want any of this rubbish?
I actually like my Exploder, it's fine. I'm just getting a little bored of it and let's face it, the inside has more plastic than Pamela Anderson / Heidi Montag / Michael Jackson / etc.

I'd quite like something that's a bit nicer inside.

I know Range Rovers are nice, LR3's seem alright, Tahoe and Escalade's I don't know but they're proper knobhead cars that I might own here but nowhere else...
Old Nov 10th 2013, 9:52 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

Few questions:

Escalada
Tahoe
Discovery

Yours is worth 60 ish (2010), Avoid Landrover without warranty as it will rape your wallet. Put 40/50k to it and buy a Dodge Ram or F150 XLT, Man trucks.
Old Nov 10th 2013, 9:55 am
Shark Fisherman

Originally Posted by OleJanx
There used to be an island that, at low tide and a clear lack of mechanical sympathy, could be reached by Land Cruisers. At that time the wealthy locals were more into shishas with less legal contents, so the island either had stranded 'Cruisers, or more often waterlogged 'Cruisers that created low depth maritime hazards...
The sand got dug out, It is still a big sand bar and to travel around from where I launch my boat (near the Sailing club) I have to stay close to West Bay. Every week I see some numpty drive into/over the sand not knowing or forgetting its there.

I generally go North of Al Khor to the mangroves as its beautiful there and you have your own private island.
Old Nov 10th 2013, 10:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The sand got dug out, It is still a big sand bar and to travel around from where I launch my boat (near the Sailing club) I have to stay close to West Bay. Every week I see some numpty drive into/over the sand not knowing or forgetting its there.

I generally go North of Al Khor to the mangroves as its beautiful there and you have your own private island.
North of Al Khor is nice and peaceful. Do the pink pelicans still turn up there? We used to go beyond Al Khor and uptowards the tip of Qatar beyond the experimental farms up there ( and the 'abandoned' runway' that nobody memntioned...) Another jolly place was Bir Zirkrit , slightly to the north of Dukhan, which was wild and rocky -tyres beware-but worth a look!
Old Nov 10th 2013, 10:09 am
Account Closed

Yours is worth 60 ish (2010), Avoid Landrover without warranty as it will rape your wallet. Put 40/50k to it and buy a Dodge Ram or F150 XLT, Man trucks.
Don't want a pick up though, they're for proper *****.

Plus, my waitrose bags will go everywhere.
Old Nov 10th 2013, 10:32 am
BE Forum Addict

soukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond repute

Scamp - not sure what your car valuation has to do with booze in Qatar!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.