That bomb in Pakistan

Old Sep 21st 2008, 10:19 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy That bomb in Pakistan

Now we are all used to obviously misinformed religious nutters trying to kill people in the name of his/her (more than likely false) deity so normally this wouldn't even feature on the radar except for the amazing size of the crater!

What the hell? Did someone not do some calculations and realise at some point that a bigger bomb was futile?

Isn't it supposed to be Ramadan? Wouldn't most of the people staying at the hotel have been muslims? It's very bizzare by all accounts.

BBC reports:
"There are reports that at least 200 people were in the hotel's restaurants at the time of the explosion, many breaking their Ramadan fast."
Old Sep 21st 2008, 10:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: That bomb in Pakistan

Originally Posted by Charismatic
Now we are all used to obviously misinformed religious nutters trying to kill people in the name of his/her (more than likely false) deity so normally this wouldn't even feature on the radar except for the amazing size of the crater!
http://judicial-inc.biz/89mass50.jpg
http://judicial-inc.biz/89mass53.jpg

What the hell? Did someone not do some calculations and realise at some point that a bigger bomb was futile?

Isn't it supposed to be Ramadan? Wouldn't most of the people staying at the hotel have been muslims? It's very bizzare by all accounts.

BBC reports:
"There are reports that at least 200 people were in the hotel's restaurants at the time of the explosion, many breaking their Ramadan fast."
Czech Ambassador among the dead..........
Old Sep 21st 2008, 10:28 am
BE Enthusiast

MrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond repute

It is really sad, but here is something just to top it off;

The bosses at my place were working on a project late last year, staying at the marriott. There was all of a sudden warning you must leave the country now so they picked up their belongings and left.

The boss, 6 weeks ago sent his PA on a mission, that mission was the find his suitcase that he had left and had only just remembered about it and doesnt remember which hotel he stayed in... eventually she found it (8 months after he left the country) and had it returned. He came in this morning saying oh my god im so pleased i got my suitcase back otherwise it would have been up in flames...

My response, you have got to be fcking kidding me.....
Old Sep 21st 2008, 10:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrsHaps
It is really sad, but here is something just to top it off;

The bosses at my place were working on a project late last year, staying at the marriott. There was all of a sudden warning you must leave the country now so they picked up their belongings and left.

The boss, 6 weeks ago sent his PA on a mission, that mission was the find his suitcase that he had left and had only just remembered about it and doesnt remember which hotel he stayed in... eventually she found it (8 months after he left the country) and had it returned. He came in this morning saying oh my god im so pleased i got my suitcase back otherwise it would have been up in flames...

My response, you have got to be fcking kidding me.....
If you'd like me and my two brothers-in-law (who make Arnold Schwarzenegger look like an Oxfam poster) to come round and discuss his selfishness face-to-face, let me know.
Old Sep 21st 2008, 10:38 am
BE Enthusiast

MrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Dean
If you'd like me and my two brothers-in-law (who make Arnold Schwarzenegger look like an Oxfam poster) to come round and discuss his selfishness face-to-face, let me know.
ccok end springs to mind! Apparently it is because he is spanish... or at least that is why everyone seems to make excuses for him......

Im fully blown geordie and a hot headed arse, but i dont blow often and today he made me blow!
Old Sep 21st 2008, 10:46 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

ccok end springs to mind! Apparently it is because he is spanish... or at least that is why everyone seems to make excuses for him......

Im fully blown geordie and a hot headed arse, but i dont blow often and today he made me blow!
so...he got his suitcase back...and he made you blow...good day for him then
Old Sep 21st 2008, 10:46 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute

He came in this morning saying oh my god im so pleased i got my suitcase back otherwise it would have been up in flames...
I would have giggled if it was said in the right way, Positive thinking in the face of terrible adversity. Good to see the blitz spirit alive and well .

The target seems bizzare to me though, hopefully this will be a turning point where people previously tollerant of these terrorists will no longer accept their sense of morality being imposed on really rather moderate people of their own creed . Pakistan seems to be spiraling out of control, I can't help but think western governments should offer indirect assistance to the country before it goes beyond the point of no return.
Old Sep 21st 2008, 10:49 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

you have a hot headed arse?

Wow, you should join a circus or something, you could make a mint.
Old Sep 21st 2008, 11:01 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Spugsy

yeah yeah yeah...... but i am, both, an arse when hot headed!!

there was no laughing matter about it though, he was totally serious and thought he was amusing... there was nothing amusing about it.
Old Sep 21st 2008, 11:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Sandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Spugsy

my arse is like the back of Batman's car today. Dodgy curries from Al Quoz "restaurants"
Old Sep 21st 2008, 11:11 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sandboy
my arse is like the back of Batman's car today. Dodgy curries from Al Quoz "restaurants"
TMI....
Old Sep 21st 2008, 11:40 am
BE Forum Addict

IndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond repute

The country encouraged militants, militant training camps funded by their ISI and backed terrorism in India and it is now coming back to bite them badly. Extremely sad, but expected.

They planted 2 bombs in dustbins in a childrens' park in New Delhi a few days ago - they can't get any lower than that.
Old Sep 21st 2008, 12:09 pm
Truth is the safest lie.

Smile Re: That bomb in Pakistan

Originally Posted by IndieG
The country encouraged militants, militant training camps funded by their ISI and backed terrorism in India and it is now coming back to bite them badly. Extremely sad, but expected.
Good point well made IndieG, karma does catch up in the end and what the have created isn't pretty. Reap the seads you sow etc.
Originally Posted by IndieG
They planted 2 bombs in dustbins in a childrens' park in New Delhi a few days ago - they can't get any lower than that.
Amazing what some people will do in the name of a personally held belief (even if shared to varying degrees) with no real rational basis.

It makes you realise why so many contemporary Atheists comment that religion of this nature have overall had a negative effect on the societies they inhabit. I've heard some go as far as to describe religions like this as being parasitic "mind viruses" in nature with no other purpose than their own propagation. It's hard to deny in some respects when examining closely the way that religions interwind themselves with every day life that they just may have a very valid point.
Old Sep 21st 2008, 1:52 pm
Forum Regular

sassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of lightsassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of lightsassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of lightsassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of lightsassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of lightsassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of lightsassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of lightsassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of lightsassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of lightsassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of lightsassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Charismatic
I would have giggled if it was said in the right way, Positive thinking in the face of terrible adversity. Good to see the blitz spirit alive and well .

The target seems bizzare to me though, hopefully this will be a turning point where people previously tollerant of these terrorists will no longer accept their sense of morality being imposed on really rather moderate people of their own creed . Pakistan seems to be spiraling out of control, I can't help but think western governments should offer indirect assistance to the country before it goes beyond the point of no return.
Perhaps they should all pull out of Iraq and relocate to Pakistan ?
Old Sep 21st 2008, 5:39 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sassypilotswife
Perhaps they should all pull out of Iraq and relocate to Pakistan ?
heh, love your name...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.