Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Bollocks to Disco Gardens

Bollocks to Disco Gardens

Old Apr 11th 2011, 1:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bollocks to Disco Gardens

Are you not allowed to give kids whisky?
Old Apr 11th 2011, 1:34 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse
... and if she had run over to him Meow would have said - spoilt little git and look at his mother pandering to him, in my day we would have just been ignored.

dammed if you do, dammed if you don't my friend. Report back when you have a kid.
I see your point, but when the little shit is spoiling my lunch and about another 20 others it's not on is it?
Old Apr 11th 2011, 1:37 pm
ex-expat

Hello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kittycat1
well, aside from the Bad Mummy aspect of that, I suspect that it would just fuel either of my two into more mad rampaging!

I've always let them try anything they wanted to, so they've had sips of whatever was in my drinks cabinet at various times, generally met with ruffled noses, but Master Kitty would've finished the whole glass of red wine at 18 months old and was literally pestering us for more. I swear as soon as he's old enough to ask the stewardess for a drink, he won't just be having orange juice! Might have something to do with my daily G&T in his first few months of life though...
Old Apr 11th 2011, 1:38 pm
ex-expat

Hello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Spugsy
I see your point, but when the little shit is spoiling my lunch and about another 20 others it's not on is it?
no, it's not, and any normal parent would be very aware of their surroundings and probably mortified at the scene that their child was creating. Whether they can do anything about it is another matter.
Old Apr 11th 2011, 2:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Spugsy
I agree with you - 4 years ago I would have said the same too. Parenting is a piece of piss when done from a distance

Personally, I'd never put myself or mini in that situation - so no brunches for fancy restaurants for me. Sadly flights are unavoidable. We now only do night flights as he tends to sleep the whole way - day flights have proved to be more painful than pulling out your toenails with cotton buds.
Old Apr 11th 2011, 2:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kittycat1
No, but you can give them cough mixture.
Old Apr 11th 2011, 2:35 pm
ex-expat

No, but you can give them cough mixture.
ah, but now you're not either... they changed it to "not for under 2yrs", then "not for under 6s" and are talking about "not for under 12yrs" due to the risk of, er... death if you overdose them.

Besides, I can't quite make peace with the idea of drugging my own children for other people's convenience.
Old Apr 11th 2011, 2:36 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

... and if she had run over to him Meow would have said - spoilt little git and look at his mother pandering to him, in my day we would have just been ignored.

dammed if you do, dammed if you don't my friend. Report back when you have a kid.
Hang on. What on earth has this got to do with me?

I hadn't even commented on this thread (until now).
Old Apr 11th 2011, 2:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Meow
Hang on. What on earth has this got to do with me?

I hadn't even commented on this thread (until now).
I missed you and wanted to include you...
Old Apr 11th 2011, 2:38 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

I missed you and wanted to include you...
Is this my cue for saying that all children have a design fault? No volume control.
Old Apr 11th 2011, 2:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Hello.Kitty
ah, but now you're not either... they changed it to "not for under 2yrs", then "not for under 6s" and are talking about "not for under 12yrs" due to the risk of, er... death if you overdose them.

Besides, I can't quite make peace with the idea of drugging my own children for other people's convenience.
... and there is always the risk that it makes them tired but not tired enough for them to go to sleep. Joy, a tired and (therefore) hyperactive child!
Old Apr 11th 2011, 2:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Meow
Is this my cue for saying that all children have a design fault? No volume control.
an off switch would be better.
Old Apr 11th 2011, 2:44 pm
Bored liberal

an off switch would be better.
And plenty of adults would be better for it too.