Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Bollocks to Disco Gardens

Bollocks to Disco Gardens

Old Apr 7th 2011, 1:37 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bollocks to Disco Gardens

Originally Posted by Millhouse
Let me type what you are trying to say for you... Millhouse, you were right.

Come on, you know I'm not in the Springs.
I thought you were on the Ranches, have you got speed bumps there as well every three seconds?
Old Apr 7th 2011, 2:43 pm

Welivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond repute

23 of them I believe...
Old Apr 10th 2011, 4:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Millsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Spugsy
Well sick of it now, getting proper rammed - families all over with squawking kids and whole families washing hanging out of all the windows, think we're gonna break our lease.

Thinking of moving to the Springs, seen 2 bed villas with study and garden for 80k.

Any advice?
You're not one of these people that complains about people that take their kids on aeroplanes are you?
Old Apr 11th 2011, 5:29 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millsyisland
You're not one of these people that complains about people that take their kids on aeroplanes are you?
Babies maybe, not kids.
Old Apr 11th 2011, 6:58 am
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute

Even though you have kids doesn't mean you should accept being subjected to constant crying from babies or little brats that terrorise other passengers. Whenever I travel with my kids I hope they don't cry or misbehave as I know how annoying it is. The best solution would be to have sections of the plane for families with kids. I think believe this would be acceptable to all parties..

I forgot to add that some parents don't give a shit if their offspring are crying or being little shits on the plane. They don't even attempt to stop it. In these cases it isn't the kids who are the problem, but the parents.

Last edited by norsk; Apr 11th 2011 at 7:00 am. Reason: added last paragraph about stupid parents..
Old Apr 11th 2011, 7:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by norsk
The best solution would be to have sections of the plane for families with kids. I think believe this would be acceptable to all parties..
I agree with this - they should pull out about four rows of seats at the back of economy and put in a soft play area for the kids to go nuts in. Would solve all the issues.

Cost wouldn't be too much more when spread over the total amount of seats on the plane.

Anyway, now that I have travelled with a monster I am far more patient about screaming kids.
Old Apr 11th 2011, 8:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Millsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond repute

Even though you have kids doesn't mean you should accept being subjected to constant crying from babies or little brats that terrorise other passengers. Whenever I travel with my kids I hope they don't cry or misbehave as I know how annoying it is. The best solution would be to have sections of the plane for families with kids. I think believe this would be acceptable to all parties..

I forgot to add that some parents don't give a shit if their offspring are crying or being little shits on the plane. They don't even attempt to stop it. In these cases it isn't the kids who are the problem, but the parents.
I agree about the parents having to take responsibility for trying to keep the kids quiet, but anyone with children will know it's not always as simple as it may seem,, particularly with babies or very young children. I have lived overseas since my children were babies and am not going to forfeit them travelling simply because someone can't tolerate a crying baby/child somewhere near them.

I kind of like the idea of the separate family area, but you'd need this in all classes, not just economy.
Old Apr 11th 2011, 9:27 am
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute

I agree about the parents having to take responsibility for trying to keep the kids quiet, but anyone with children will know it's not always as simple as it may seem,, particularly with babies or very young children. I have lived overseas since my children were babies and am not going to forfeit them travelling simply because someone can't tolerate a crying baby/child somewhere near them.

I kind of like the idea of the separate family area, but you'd need this in all classes, not just economy.
It's never easy with kids, and I have a lot of sympathy for the parents who at least try to keep their kids entertained and calm. It's those who don't care I have a problem with..

I guess they could have a section in each class, or alternatively just create a separate class for families. However these days when everything to do with airlines is about making money rather than providing people with a good experience (and building brand relationships with your customers) I think this could be a bit of a hard sell. Having a play area on a plane would be bloody brilliant though...
Old Apr 11th 2011, 11:33 am
Forum Regular

paca is just really nicepaca is just really nicepaca is just really nicepaca is just really nicepaca is just really nicepaca is just really nicepaca is just really nicepaca is just really nicepaca is just really nicepaca is just really nicepaca is just really nice

no problems as long as they don't constantly kick the back of my seat, and the parent does nothing and does not see a problem.
Old Apr 11th 2011, 12:07 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

I was in the limetree a while ago with some mates from work, sun was shining, we were out on the balcony having nice food and there was a JJ gathering there, all with their kids - one kid was literally lying face down on the patio slamming his fists into the ground screaming, having a total strop and his mother just went 'oh just let him get it out, I'm not pandering to him'.

Oh aye thanks, he nearly blew my eardrums out for about 3 minutes, I did consider chucking him over the edge to be honest.
Old Apr 11th 2011, 12:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Spugsy
I was in the limetree a while ago with some mates from work, sun was shining, we were out on the balcony having nice food and there was a JJ gathering there, all with their kids - one kid was literally lying face down on the patio slamming his fists into the ground screaming, having a total strop and his mother just went 'oh just let him get it out, I'm not pandering to him'.

Oh aye thanks, he nearly blew my eardrums out for about 3 minutes, I did consider chucking him over the edge to be honest.
... and if she had run over to him Meow would have said - spoilt little git and look at his mother pandering to him, in my day we would have just been ignored.

dammed if you do, dammed if you don't my friend. Report back when you have a kid.
Old Apr 11th 2011, 12:38 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

... and if she had run over to him Meow would have said - spoilt little git and look at his mother pandering to him, in my day we would have just been ignored.

dammed if you do, dammed if you don't my friend. Report back when you have a kid.
tantrums are killers, they do it for attention so the Mother was right on this occasion. However, I never left the child in public, I always removed her out of the public eye.
Old Apr 11th 2011, 1:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

I like seeing kids have proper hissy fits in public- reminds me not to have any!
Old Apr 11th 2011, 1:18 pm
Token Scandinavian Bloke

Originally Posted by kittycat1
I like seeing kids have proper hissy fits in public- reminds me not to have any!
Old Apr 11th 2011, 1:20 pm
ex-expat

Hello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with this - they should pull out about four rows of seats at the back of economy and put in a soft play area for the kids to go nuts in. Would solve all the issues.

Cost wouldn't be too much more when spread over the total amount of seats on the plane.

Anyway, now that I have travelled with a monster I am far more patient about screaming kids.
indeed - I'd love a soft play area in the plane... and may even let my kids hang out there too! Honestly though, it's all well and good mumbling about screaming kids, but short of drugging them, gagging them or knocking them out, if they want to scream, they will find a way. Miss Kitty used to have her witching hour 6 hours into the flight and nothing could stop her wanting to stretch her legs, so it was either a/ let her run about a bit giggling or b/ restrain her in her seat and get 60 decibels of screaming ringing through the cabin.

I also second M's "come back when you have kids on the Tantrum Issue"...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.