Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Bollocks to Disco Gardens

Bollocks to Disco Gardens

Old Apr 6th 2011, 1:55 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Bollocks to Disco Gardens

Well sick of it now, getting proper rammed - families all over with squawking kids and whole families washing hanging out of all the windows, think we're gonna break our lease.

Thinking of moving to the Springs, seen 2 bed villas with study and garden for 80k.

Any advice?
Old Apr 6th 2011, 2:10 pm
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Bollocks to Disco Gardens

You need to steer well clear of Nakheel developments as they are all falling into disrepair. Emaar Properties are undoubtedly better, but check that the swimming pools are operational before committing yourself. As you don't have kids and with one of you away alot, you may find Springs too dull and family oriented. Why not go for a nice 2-bed in Dubai Marina? Much more your style methinks.
Old Apr 6th 2011, 2:20 pm
Powered by cows

Autonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart View Post
You need to steer well clear of Nakheel developments as they are all falling into disrepair. Emaar Properties are undoubtedly better, but check that the swimming pools are operational before committing yourself. As you don't have kids and with one of you away alot, you may find Springs too dull and family oriented. Why not go for a nice 2-bed in Dubai Marina? Much more your style methinks.
*faints* kind of agree with Grumpy.

We're really loving the Marina right now. Have loads of friends in the Springs but it is all a bit Truman etc.

Also 2 beds are a bit pokey I think - 3 beds for 100k are better....

There is loads of choices now...
Old Apr 6th 2011, 2:43 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

yeah...why anyone would want to live in the Springs is beyond me, and without kids there is even less reason...
Marina is much nicer, let me know if you want the number of a good agent...
Old Apr 6th 2011, 2:44 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

I want peace and quiet mate, that's why I'm not keen on The Springs.
Old Apr 6th 2011, 2:44 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Originally Posted by Autonomy View Post
*faints* kind of agree with Grumpy.

We're really loving the Marina right now. Have loads of friends in the Springs but it is all a bit Truman etc.

Also 2 beds are a bit pokey I think - 3 beds for 100k are better....

There is loads of choices now...
Aye but Santi (our cat) goes out, so I want somewhere safe for him to have a wander.
Old Apr 6th 2011, 2:45 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Originally Posted by MataHari View Post
yeah...why anyone would want to live in the Springs is beyond me, and without kids there is even less reason...
Tell you what I want - 2 bed villa, garden, and somewhere a bit chilled with shops nearby. That's it. Want some peace and quiet.....Never liked the marina to be honest and as mentioned below somewhere safe for the cat to go wandering around.
Old Apr 6th 2011, 2:45 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MataHari View Post
I agree with you but for them it is perfect because of the cat!! Spugsy it will work for you but try and get on Springs 1,2 or 3, better access to SZR for Mrs Spugsy.
Old Apr 6th 2011, 2:46 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Spugsy View Post
Tell you what I want - 2 bed villa, garden, and somewhere a bit chilled with shops nearby. That's it. Want some peace and quiet.....Never liked the marina to be honest and as mentioned below somewhere safe for the cat to go wandering around.
I am not a fan of the Marina either. But there are some nice buildings there, I just wouldn't want to live there.
Old Apr 6th 2011, 3:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

Spugs move to Tecom and then Ill come take Santi out for a walk on a lead- he'll love that Im sure!

What about the greens mrs spugs had been eyeing up a few of the places by the lakes there?

Are you still gonna leave this year? Is it worth moving contract wise?
Old Apr 6th 2011, 3:10 pm
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

You forgot to mention the white wicket fence and the rose bushes, mate. You won't find anything in Springs remotely like that. If you want a garden, try the bigger villas in Al Barsha South.
Old Apr 6th 2011, 5:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond repute

get back to Mirdif man !
Old Apr 6th 2011, 8:31 pm
Concierge

You forgot to mention the white wicket fence and the rose bushes, mate. You won't find anything in Springs remotely like that. If you want a garden, try the bigger villas in Al Barsha South.
they only need a 2 bed, the Springs will actually suit them well. I would just keep the cat in and get an apartment.
Old Apr 7th 2011, 11:34 am
Millhouse is not a meme

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

I can think of a lot worse places to live than the springs... but those 80k to beds are 'king horrible.

What about the Greens... Ethos has moved out so the demographics have improved a bit
Old Apr 7th 2011, 11:56 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by Millhouse View Post
I can think of a lot worse places to live than the springs... but those 80k to beds are 'king horrible.

What about the Greens... Ethos has moved out so the demographics have improved a bit
got to have a garden for the cat, might not be that easy to get a ground floor in the Greens

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.