Boko Haram Girls

Old Mar 20th 2017, 1:19 pm
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Boko Haram Girls

Originally Posted by Scamp
We appeared to only want to hurt Sexton, which is pointless because he is more than capable of hurting himself if you leave him alone for 10 minutes.

Shame we just never got going at all. I don't think it was Irish brilliance, I think it was generally a pretty low standard test from start to finish. England being 'really shit' and Ireland being 'alright'.
I wouldn't have called England shit, I thought it was a good game regardless of the outcome. The forwards got dominated and that killed the usual game plan of fast ball. The conditions didn't help either
Old Mar 20th 2017, 1:20 pm
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DXBtoDOH
Yes.....

And.....?
I don't know, the pale means a fence in this instance not a skin colour if that's the inference.
Old Mar 20th 2017, 1:21 pm
...we killed the flame

Miss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dubaiexile
In a lot of countries yes, but perhaps we should ask are they more susceptible to be influenced towards this violence instigated by tribal/ dictator influences (Rwanda where chopping off arms/hands was rife, LRA and child soldiers, Darfur genocide etc etc). Poverty is also a main contributor, there are definitely places there where I would not go, and I have been to the worst (Liberia, Sudan, DRC to name a few) as you would be an immediate target for violence against you. Where else in the world to you see necklacing (setting fire to a car tyre when it has been wedged over someone), now that is pretty extreme!!
You do know where the chopping off the hands thing came from right?
Old Mar 20th 2017, 1:25 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by weasel decentral
I wouldn't have called England shit, I thought it was a good game regardless of the outcome. The forwards got dominated and that killed the usual game plan of fast ball. The conditions didn't help either
I'm jaded by the result and disappointment. I think we had a few good performers but way too many errors - guess partly due to conditions which were poor.

Still, such is, moaning about not winning a Grand Slam is daft because there's a victory anyway. The record would have been nice but would have been too early for this squad under Jones and totally unrepresentative.
Old Mar 20th 2017, 1:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute

The barbarians lived 'beyond the pale'.

Which is why the idiom means outside the bounds of acceptable behaviour.

beyond the pale Meaning in the Cambridge English Dictionary

What 'Beyond the Pale' Actually Means - Condé Nast Traveler

Which is why
I don't know, the pale means a fence in this instance not a skin colour if that's the inference.
Old Mar 20th 2017, 1:45 pm
...we killed the flame

Miss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
I'm jaded by the result and disappointment. I think we had a few good performers but way too many errors - guess partly due to conditions which were poor.

Still, such is, moaning about not winning a Grand Slam is daft because there's a victory anyway. The record would have been nice but would have been too early for this squad under Jones and totally unrepresentative.
And let's face it, our glee at spoiling your party contributes far more to the cosmic balance of joy than the Celtic-winning-another-Scottish-premiership shoulder-shrugging nature of another English win.....
Old Mar 20th 2017, 1:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

You should like us, after giving the English a decent thump in the rugby over the weekend.
Based on the premise that you are a scottisher
I'm half English, half Scottish......

Kinda echo Scamp's comments on the result. Well done on the win but the amount of back slapping going on about it is ridiculous, especially as Ireland had a pretty poor 6 Nations all in all finishing equal points with France and Scotland.... England were average at best, only having one decent game against Scotland and still managing to win with a game in hand.
Old Mar 20th 2017, 2:53 pm
Knee deep and rising

Originally Posted by jam25mack
I'm half English, half Scottish......

Kinda echo Scamp's comments on the result. Well done on the win but the amount of back slapping going on about it is ridiculous, especially as Ireland had a pretty poor 6 Nations all in all finishing equal points with France and Scotland.... England were average at best, only having one decent game against Scotland and still managing to win with a game in hand.
True there has been some backslapping, mostly though I think people were glad to end on a high and as a seeded WC qualifier. I was disappointed that Ireland didn't pull off the grand slam, after the year they had it was well within grasp. I had figured Wales as the only potential spanner in the works.
Old Mar 20th 2017, 3:05 pm
Knee deep and rising

The barbarians lived 'beyond the pale'.

Which is why the idiom means outside the bounds of acceptable behaviour.

beyond the pale Meaning in the Cambridge English Dictionary

What 'Beyond the Pale' Actually Means - Condé Nast Traveler

Which is why
Ah ok, I actually though you had a point to make rather than some circuitous trying-to-be-clever backwards jibe.

Most of your posts give me the impression that you are somewhere on the spectrum of autism. The less sexy end of the spectrum populated by trainspotters and pedantic middle managers.
Old Mar 20th 2017, 3:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute

The English used to consider the Irish barbarians. For they were violent, uncivilised barbarians by the standards of the day (not that much of England was that much better, but still)

This was really in response to Miss Anne, not you. If you read the posts you'll see why.

Now bugger off and look for someone else to piss off.

Ah ok, I actually though you had a point to make rather than some circuitous trying-to-be-clever backwards jibe.

Most of your posts give me the impression that you are somewhere on the spectrum of autism. The less sexy end of the spectrum populated by trainspotters and pedantic middle managers.
Old Mar 20th 2017, 4:01 pm
Knee deep and rising

The English used to consider the Irish barbarians. For they were violent, uncivilised barbarians by the standards of the day (not that much of England was that much better, but still)

This was really in response to Miss Anne, not you. If you read the posts you'll see why.

Now bugger off and look for someone else to piss off.
Don't take it too seriously, though continually feeling compelled to explain the obvious line by line is tending to confirm the low emotional intelligence theory.
Old Mar 20th 2017, 4:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

Boo!

Look! It's racism over there! Runs away screaming

It's a real bugbear these days, isn't it

When IrishBee was referring to Africa (given that his home country is Pakistan) was he saying - look, a bunch of dark skinned people, OR was he saying - look, a land driven by tribal / sectarian tensions and has always been. Which do you think it was?

If someone points at the Balkans, especially Albania, and says what a bunch of violent wankers, is that racism?
I did say I think he was referring to tribal warfare that has been going on for a long time and didn't mean it to be racially denigrating .

The part of my comment you quote was acknowledging the point MissAnnthrope was making on the obvious correlation to race , which for someone not familiar with Bee's posting would come across as racist.
Old Mar 20th 2017, 4:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jam25mack
Again, irrelevant to the original discussion.
When people say Africans, they mean Black Africans. When people say North Africans, they mean Maghrebians. When people say Chinese , they mean Han Chinese . When people say Europeans, they mean white people.

So saying Africans and mentioning the region , it is obviously not about whites in Namibia or Berbers in Algeria.
Old Mar 21st 2017, 4:38 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Miss Ann Thrope
And let's face it, our glee at spoiling your party contributes far more to the cosmic balance of joy than the Celtic-winning-another-Scottish-premiership shoulder-shrugging nature of another English win.....
Yeah, sorry, forgot to mention I was please for Ireland to win their World Cup Final this year.

Old Mar 21st 2017, 5:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Whatever. Mumble mumble thick bog trotter paddies mumble mumble mumble between you two I've almost sworn off this forum.

For a hour, certainly

How's your current third world shithole treating you?

Don't take it too seriously, though continually feeling compelled to explain the obvious line by line is tending to confirm the low emotional intelligence theory.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.