Bogus accident

Old May 9th 2012, 4:14 am

rowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond repute
Default Bogus accident

I sold my car in Jan and went for refund on my insurance. Heard nothing for 3 months so rang broker last week to see where it was and they gave me insurance number and contact name. Insurance company told me there was no insurance refund due because I had an accident on 4th Oct 2011. I told them the car had no accident and I was the only driver. After 10 minute discussion they told me they paid out 6000dhs to the 3rd party because of an accident involving me in a car park. I asked was it not policy to talk to me and ask me, they said the police record indicated that I was at fault! They would not tell me which location or car park. I have heard about police traffic violations when people were even out of the country but not bogus accidents.
Old May 9th 2012, 4:38 am
BE Forum Addict

al dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bogus accident

Originally Posted by rowell
I sold my car in Jan and went for refund on my insurance. Heard nothing for 3 months so rang broker last week to see where it was and they gave me insurance number and contact name. Insurance company told me there was no insurance refund due because I had an accident on 4th Oct 2011. I told them the car had no accident and I was the only driver. After 10 minute discussion they told me they paid out 6000dhs to the 3rd party because of an accident involving me in a car park. I asked was it not policy to talk to me and ask me, they said the police record indicated that I was at fault! They would not tell me which location or car park. I have heard about police traffic violations when people were even out of the country but not bogus accidents.
That's a worry. Which insurance company was it?
Old May 9th 2012, 4:47 am
BE Forum Addict

mentalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond repute

Why would they pay out when you had not even made a claim? That is completely wrong. Even if there had been an accident, you still have the option to pay the Third Party yourself rather than prejudice your No Claims Discount. You should write to the Motor Claims Manager and demand a full explanation or you will go to the press.
Old May 9th 2012, 4:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mentalist
Why would they pay out when you had not even made a claim? That is completely wrong. Even if there had been an accident, you still have the option to pay the Third Party yourself rather than prejudice your No Claims Discount. You should write to the Motor Claims Manager and demand a full explanation or you will go to the press.
I've had my insurance policy pay out without my knowledge.

I did have an accident (taxi hit the back of me). Police put me at fault as I was cutting the taxi up at the time. As there was no damage to the Pajero (RIP) I just shoved the pink bit of paper in the glove compartment and forgot about it.

When I went to renew it turns out the taxi had claimed and they paid out.
Old May 10th 2012, 5:40 pm

rowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by al dente
That's a worry. Which insurance company was it?
Axa, what they said was there was no need to contact me, they had the police form, they said the police wouldn't fill in the form without my presence or if I wasn't present ie done a runner, that I would be contacted if someone had seen it and reported it, clearly neither was the case

Last edited by rowell; May 10th 2012 at 5:44 pm.
Old May 11th 2012, 4:47 am
Forum Regular

giddyup is a name known to allgiddyup is a name known to allgiddyup is a name known to allgiddyup is a name known to allgiddyup is a name known to allgiddyup is a name known to allgiddyup is a name known to allgiddyup is a name known to allgiddyup is a name known to allgiddyup is a name known to allgiddyup is a name known to all

A friend had his accident attended by Saeed who decided that as he had insurance and the other lady did not then he was at fault for both of them to then claim against. Afterall that's what insurance is for???

What to do
Old May 11th 2012, 3:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

mentalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond repute

Axa, what they said was there was no need to contact me, they had the police form, they said the police wouldn't fill in the form without my presence or if I wasn't present ie done a runner, that I would be contacted if someone had seen it and reported it, clearly neither was the case
AXA over here are complete numbskulls where Third Party claims are concerned.
Old May 11th 2012, 6:26 pm
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute

What are your options in this kind of situation? Is there any point whatsoever in trying to fight it, or do you just have to accept that you've been shafted?
Old May 12th 2012, 12:01 pm
Forum Regular

Jackwow is a name known to allJackwow is a name known to allJackwow is a name known to allJackwow is a name known to allJackwow is a name known to allJackwow is a name known to allJackwow is a name known to allJackwow is a name known to allJackwow is a name known to allJackwow is a name known to allJackwow is a name known to all

Shake your head and move on.
Old May 12th 2012, 2:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

al dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond repute

COntact a paper?
Old May 12th 2012, 6:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

there is always cases of traffic fines that you did not commit, if you have prove then you can contest them, but its more hassle than its worth, so if only a few bob not worth it, you have to pick your battles here otherwise you will go mad.
Old May 13th 2012, 2:27 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by busybee2
there is always cases of traffic fines that you did not commit, if you have prove then you can contest them, but its more hassle than its worth, so if only a few bob not worth it, you have to pick your battles here otherwise you will go mad.
You have obviously picked loads then.
Old May 13th 2012, 4:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

No only had 1 traffic fine in all the years i have been here, and it was like 14 years ago i was driving down corniche at 82 and they had a camera in a blacked out car, the car driving next to me driving faster, was waved on because he was a local.

But i have been in the traffic dept many times over the years doing registrations, and once there was a woman in there trying to contest a lot of fines that she said wasnt hers.

In order to contest you have to go to the traffic dept and if you ever have been in there it really isnt worth it. I had to endure the system when i first moved over here, and was involved in an accident when pregnant which wasnt my fault, and had a child in the car seat in the back seat, and the hassle it caused because this was 15 years ago.....!!!! the system has improved vastly since then.
Old May 13th 2012, 12:39 pm

Insurance company contacted me this morning and say they put the wrong insurance reference on the claim from the 3rd party claim, nothing to do with me at all, and yet when I spoke to them last week they confirmed my name and car details! I wonder what really happened?
Old May 13th 2012, 2:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by commander
You have obviously picked loads then.
Commander, we get it already, BB isn't on your Christmas card list.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.