British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Bodgeitandscarper robbery fail (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/bodgeitandscarper-robbery-fail-744910/)

kittycat1 Jan 14th 2012 6:30 am

Bodgeitandscarper robbery fail

Love this- a very elaborate robbery- months of planning- all for 6k- the saying 'if they had a brain they'd be dangerous' springs to mind...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...pt-failed.html

Boomhauer Jan 14th 2012 8:25 am

Re: Bodgeitandscarper robbery fail

Took them 6 months to dig the tunnel; they would have earned far more money in the building/handyman trades.:rofl:

Maybee they were movie buffs and fancied themselves as characters out of so some Guy ritchie flick???

UKCityGent Jan 14th 2012 11:57 am

I wonder if they did it for a £5 bet ?

seven seas Jan 14th 2012 12:51 pm

ATM in a video store... sounds like a dry run to me.

Chris_m Jan 16th 2012 5:19 pm

Audi RS6 estate, Reinforced bar in the boot well mounted and welded in place. Enter in reverse through front of shop attach ATM to said bar floor it, load it and gone.

Its not rocket science!!!!

After looking at the pics no need, bolt a cpl of big anchor points on with a hilti gun or similar to front of the machine. And as above RS6 would be my weapon of choice

flood2 Jan 16th 2012 6:26 pm

Originally Posted by Chris_m (Post 9845839)
Audi RS6 estate, Reinforced bar in the boot well mounted and welded in place. Enter in reverse through front of shop attach ATM to said bar floor it, load it and gone.

After looking at the pics no need, bolt a cpl of big anchor points on with a hilti gun or similar to front of the machine. And as above RS6 would be my weapon of choice

You obviously made it to the 2nd week of burglar school. Those clowns left after morning break, on the 1st day..:rofl:

Chris_m Jan 16th 2012 6:50 pm

Nope saw it executed perfectly 8x over a 6month period, And a 530d when on its heels couldn't get close even with an atm fully laiden with 10k plus in it ;).

Bahtatboy Jan 19th 2012 7:53 am

Originally Posted by Chris_m (Post 9845839)

Except that you're going to need £30k (?) for an RS6 in the first place. Presumably if you're unemployed and can lay your hands on spades, acrows and odds 'n' sods for nothing, then all the tunnel will cost is your time. Mind you, as someone else pointed out, if they'd actually worked for the same amount of time it took them to plan and dig, they'd be better off. What impresses me is the accuracy of the tunnel--how do you do that?

Boomhauer Jan 19th 2012 9:08 am

They should have just gone to Mexico and started a tunneling consulting firm.

Chris_m Jan 19th 2012 4:59 pm

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy (Post 9851784)
Except that you're going to need £30k (?) for an RS6 in the first place. Presumably if you're unemployed and can lay your hands on spades, acrows and odds 'n' sods for nothing, then all the tunnel will cost is your time. Mind you, as someone else pointed out, if they'd actually worked for the same amount of time it took them to plan and dig, they'd be better off. What impresses me is the accuracy of the tunnel--how do you do that?

Really think out the box here, 30k for a car you're going to use in a Robbery.

Here's how to get yourself an Audi Rs6 for alot less.

Autotrader.co.uk search for said car. Ask for the address of person selling MV. Go round wait fishing line and a magnet keys sorted. Now again use Autotrader.co.uk after finding said car in Glasgow lets say. Find 1 in London same colour. Note Registration plate, trip to ur local parts store £20 later you have keys. Go with ur fishing line and magnet double sided tape on rear of your new plates drive off. Attach plates park in nice busy 24hr tesco or Asda. If after 3days the car is still there sorted no tracker. Go get yourself a nice payday from stealing ATM.

Now of course DVLA have got wise to this and put correct stop gaps in place to stop tom dick and harry from buying any reg plate they like. Due to the amount of people doing the same in reverse to avoid the london congestion charges.