British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Bob, I have (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/bob-i-have-582519/)

Eva Jan 7th 2009 7:44 pm

Bob, I have

Read the rules..................I did and a lot more.
Reference Alen1's question about the Beardman Poll thread being closed.I am sad enough to admit I have read through 146 posts- I want a Medal of Honour for the pain please-it was worse than losing my toenails to the Cam Rouge!
However,the thread was closed under rule 14.

'' Discussions about moderator or administrator actions are welcome in email or local private messages, but should not be discussed in public forums. This is out of respect for the members, moderators and policy involved. ''

Unless you lot have special knowledge, on the Moderator Point:there has been @ 9 direct references-over a total of 146.

Post 28 Meow in response to Northernlad is perhaps the only contentious point -in that it is early in the discussion.
Posts 60,75,86, fairly innocent exchanges of the status quo.
Posts 91 from W10 in response to post 28- solid balanced grounds for discussion-not pertinent to Mods action but the raison d'etre of the thread:
'Temporary' banning of a member
Post 92 in response to 91- not really about Mods...
Post 97...very much about Mods and the revenue generated from this site-not that the Mods get that.
Dawarrior made the pertinent point.
Post 121: First warning from Sue about letting thread run and indicating Beardy had been complained about more than any other.But who by????
Post 145: Indication that another Mod was reading/assessing the thread-doubt there at all?
146- Thread closed under rule 14.............

From the initial 'warning' at 121 to last post: 146..no one mentioned a Mod or their contribution .....so what raised the ante?

Willkom Beinvenue Welcome
En Cabaret............

DaWarrior Jan 7th 2009 7:50 pm

Re: Bob, I have

Whoa! That was quite and in-depth analysis...
Karma sent!

Eva Jan 7th 2009 8:08 pm

Originally Posted by DaWarrior (Post 7138228)
Whoa! That was quite and in-depth analysis...
Karma sent!

Well thank you Baby, I think it was the 8 years I spent in Scotland
watching Braveheart that motivated me to pursue the truth and ultimately
'Freedom'
Thing is if I didn't enjoy this forum, I wouldn't have bothered my arse..
Hope your adult thing takes off.
I got a green belt in Burukado Shotokan Karate but I 've been too busy to move to purple.
I really loved it though,the kata and discipline of the Dojo.

DaWarrior Jan 7th 2009 8:28 pm

Originally Posted by Eva (Post 7138344)
Well thank you Baby, I think it was the 8 years I spent in Scotland
watching Braveheart that motivated me to pursue the truth and ultimately
'Freedom'
Thing is if I didn't enjoy this forum, I wouldn't have bothered my arse..
Hope your adult thing takes off.
I got a green belt in Burukado Shotokan Karate but I 've been too busy to move to purple.
I really loved it though,the kata and discipline of the Dojo.

Yeah really looking forward to it. Receiving loads of bookings. So are you dropping by?

Eva Jan 7th 2009 8:29 pm

Originally Posted by DaWarrior (Post 7138441)
Yeah really looking forward to it. Receiving loads of bookings. So are you dropping by?

No ....I have an allergy to DXB.
If you ever wanna go south,lemme know.
Does that sound right????

DaWarrior Jan 7th 2009 8:34 pm

Originally Posted by Eva (Post 7138445)
No ....I have an allergy to DXB.
If you ever wanna go south,lemme know.
Does that sound right????

It depends on whether there are bushes found along the way. I'm scared of the amazon...

Eva Jan 7th 2009 8:37 pm

Originally Posted by DaWarrior (Post 7138467)
It depends on whether there are bushes found along the way. I'm scared of the amazon...

Oh! they never deliver on time anyway.
I mean if you wanna start a class in AD....Is that South?
I'm going out to the car to check...............

Sue Jan 7th 2009 8:37 pm

Originally Posted by Eva (Post 7138202)
Read the rules..................I did and a lot more.
Reference Alen1's question about the Beardman Poll thread being closed.I am sad enough to admit I have read through 146 posts- I want a Medal of Honour for the pain please-it was worse than losing my toenails to the Cam Rouge!
However,the thread was closed under rule 14.

'' Discussions about moderator or administrator actions are welcome in email or local private messages, but should not be discussed in public forums. This is out of respect for the members, moderators and policy involved. ''

Unless you lot have special knowledge, on the Moderator Point:there has been @ 9 direct references-over a total of 146.

Post 28 Meow in response to Northernlad is perhaps the only contentious point -in that it is early in the discussion.
Posts 60,75,86, fairly innocent exchanges of the status quo.
Posts 91 from W10 in response to post 28- solid balanced grounds for discussion-not pertinent to Mods action but the raison d'etre of the thread:
'Temporary' banning of a member
Post 92 in response to 91- not really about Mods...
Post 97...very much about Mods and the revenue generated from this site-not that the Mods get that.
Dawarrior made the pertinent point.
Post 121: First warning from Sue about letting thread run and indicating Beardy had been complained about more than any other.But who by????
Post 145: Indication that another Mod was reading/assessing the thread-doubt there at all?
146- Thread closed under rule 14.............

From the initial 'warning' at 121 to last post: 146..no one mentioned a Mod or their contribution .....so what raised the ante?

Willkom Beinvenue Welcome
En Cabaret............

In the thread you are referring to the initial topic was in reference to a moderators decision to ban a member. Normally I would close such a thread immediatly it came to my attention but in this case I felt it only fair to give people some time to air their thoughts. After a decent amount of time I decided to close the thread. So please lets not drag it all up again, mods are volunteers, a decision was mad, it was only a temp ban, I shared the reasons why in the other thread, end of story.

Guess what, I'm closing this one too. If you feel the need to contiune the discussion by all means feel free to pm me.

Thanks

Sue